Pages:
Author

Topic: In a few moments, I'll be dead. - page 3. (Read 12628 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 24, 2012, 11:27:41 AM
I think it was the ignore button that pushed him over the edge. As his ignore state got darker, so did his attention seeking.

I see what you did here. You put the blame squarely on theymos.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
April 24, 2012, 11:15:01 AM
Since he is once again confirmed to be Atlas, why isn't he perma-banned (again) yet?
I've been asking theymos that very question for some time...

Yes, I would like the answer to this too..

I smell favoritism .. 
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
April 24, 2012, 10:39:57 AM
Am I the only one that read the title as "In a few moments, I'll be logging out from this account and never use it again"?

+1
Ean
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
April 24, 2012, 10:37:08 AM
Am I the only one that read the title as "In a few moments, I'll be logging out from this account and never use it again"?
April 24, 2012, 10:22:07 AM
Lock this shit.

Seconded. Garbage self-important attention-whoring illegal admitted suicide threat thread is garbage.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
April 24, 2012, 10:07:09 AM
Lock this shit.
April 24, 2012, 10:04:33 AM
Oh look this thread again.
I have no sympathy for you Atlas after I tried to help you the last time.
Ditto.
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
April 24, 2012, 09:51:46 AM
Oh look this thread again.
I have no sympathy for you Atlas after I tried to help you the last time.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 24, 2012, 09:41:24 AM
When it comes down to it we are all brothers and sisters on thios big rock, and we need each other.
That's why facebook was created.
Um, no, it was created as a voluntary method of collecting data useful for marketing and law enforcement. A truly mediocre idea that is so representative of a mediocre time.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
April 24, 2012, 09:23:46 AM
I think it was the ignore button that pushed him over the edge. As his ignore state got darker, so did his attention seeking.
legendary
Activity: 980
April 24, 2012, 09:10:17 AM
I have to say this thread has brought me a great deal of entertainment. One thing I've learned about people who claim they will commit suicide is that they usually don't, it's just a cry for attention. I'm not saying it's true 100% of the time but in most cases it is. It seems as if Atlas, Jon, etc. craves attention and this was another attempt at getting it.
April 24, 2012, 08:45:54 AM
When it comes down to it we are all brothers and sisters on thios big rock, and we need each other.

Not to take away from your very serious story, but change "suicide" to "rapist pedophile" and I bet we'd see a different opinion from you.

"All he wants to do is touch little boys. Let him touch little boys, it's therapeutic for him."

Or you could block him and force him to find a non-intrusive way to battle. Atlas is not going to kill himself, that has always been a very clear fact to me. He simply thinks too highly of himself to ever do it, like he is somehow meant to lead the world and in the end say "It was nothing" as we all cheer to him in praise (and orgasm in admiration).

Just ignore him, lock this thread, and the next time you see anything by Jon, click "mark as read" and problem is solved (eventually).
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
April 24, 2012, 08:44:36 AM
Has anyone considered that he is indeed troubled and his forum escapades are cathartic to his condition ?

Many with cerebral challenges need an outlet to help control the condition. A purging of thoughts, emotions, fears, desires ...

Without that release, they might take a turn for the worse. I know it happens. I had a friend from high school who always got depressed and talked his head of about stuff no one really understood, and sometimes talked of suicide when he was wasted. They made fun of him and ostracized him. Him and I had a falling out. Eventually, when no one gave him the time of day, he put a bullet through his brain. I still fight feelings of responsibility about his suicide. Like maybe I could have done more to understand him, and If I had, he might still be with us today.

Maybe his participation here is all about the attention, but is that so bad really? Dont most people seek attention from others? Is that not why we participate here? Isolation is good for no one and maybe he is fighting those feeling of isolation.

That's why facebook was created.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 24, 2012, 08:44:04 AM
Imaginary Jon #0185 sez:
...words...words...words...word salad...schizophasia...
Called it. This is the second time he's called wolf as a self-important social experiment. Why you people take him seriously is beyond me. Going back to dreaming of an Atlas-free world. (Or at least Atlas-free forum)
+1

It really is time that the forum management quit enabling Jon's many obvious aliases current and future, it's not good for anyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling
Activity: 926
Merit: 1001
weaving spiders come not here
April 24, 2012, 08:40:04 AM
Has anyone considered that he is indeed troubled and his forum escapades are cathartic to his condition ?

Many with cerebral challenges need an outlet to help control the condition. A purging of thoughts, emotions, fears, desires ...

Without that release, they might take a turn for the worse. I know it happens. I had a friend from high school who always got depressed and talked his head of about stuff no one really understood, and sometimes talked of suicide when he was wasted. They made fun of him and ostracized him. Him and I had a falling out. Eventually, when no one gave him the time of day, he put a bullet through his brain. I still fight feelings of responsibility about his suicide. Like maybe I could have done more to understand him, and If I had, he might still be with us today.

Maybe his participation here is all about the attention, but is that so bad really? Dont most people seek attention from others? Is that not why we participate here? Isolation is good for no one and maybe he is fighting those feeling of isolation.

April 24, 2012, 08:17:32 AM
Imaginary Jon #0185 sez:

You see, now, the evidence that society is focused on death, charity, and creating the delusion that they're generous, but have no interest in a man's labor or ideas - or any values for that matter. I can post four thought-out ideas every few hours, and I will perhaps get two pages of responses with no more content than personal attacks. Nobody cares while I'm alive, because nobody's a true existentialist. They all pose to keep up their delusion that their life matters. The facade only comes up once they realize they need to commit an act of charity, else be ostracized for not following the "morals of society," which are always reactive, not proactive, because nobody actually believes in them. If anyone really gave a shit, they'd take me seriously while I was alive, not force me to live longer in a life they continually shit on. Instead of letting me kill myself, there are those who would prefer to rape and otherwise torture me for all eternity.

Called it. This is the second time he's called wolf as a self-important social experiment. Why you people take him seriously is beyond me. Going back to dreaming of an Atlas-free world. (Or at least Atlas-free forum)
Activity: 756
April 24, 2012, 07:08:59 AM
So long as everyone is safe and sound, it is great!  Thanks to the mods for the extra troubles.  There is only 1 life, treasure it.  A lot of people hope to live but can't, we should be grateful for what we have.
Activity: 868
April 24, 2012, 03:19:17 AM
Did he post this shit on reddit, too, or does he confine his attention-whoring to these forums these days?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
April 24, 2012, 03:15:27 AM
Imaginary Jon #0185 sez:

You see, now, the evidence that society is focused on death, charity, and creating the delusion that they're generous, but have no interest in a man's labor or ideas - or any values for that matter. I can post four thought-out ideas every few hours, and I will perhaps get two pages of responses with no more content than personal attacks. Nobody cares while I'm alive, because nobody's a true existentialist. They all pose to keep up their delusion that their life matters. The facade only comes up once they realize they need to commit an act of charity, else be ostracized for not following the "morals of society," which are always reactive, not proactive, because nobody actually believes in them. If anyone really gave a shit, they'd take me seriously while I was alive, not force me to live longer in a life they continually shit on. Instead of letting me kill myself, there are those who would prefer to rape and otherwise torture me for all eternity.
Activity: 868
April 24, 2012, 02:59:55 AM
Does this make sense?

A suicide post is published.

Police are called in.

The OP claims his account was hacked.

The police say OK, without doing any investigation and leave.

Case close.

In many cases, yes.

The police response to a reported suicide threat is to do a welfare check.  Depending on their powers in that particular jurisdiction, they may have the authority to transport him for a mental health assessment if they believe he's at risk of immediate harm and they'll maybe talk to his parents if he's still living at home.  They're not going to open an investigation into whether or not the computer was hacked unless Atlas files a formal complaint about the alleged hacking, which he's not going to do if he posted this shit himself, because it's a ridiculous matter on which to squander police resources.  I doubt it's a crime to threaten suicide in Texas, although it may warrant involuntary mental health assessment.
Pages:
Jump to: