Pages:
Author

Topic: In a few moments, I'll be dead. - page 5. (Read 12628 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
April 23, 2012, 10:01:03 PM
As much as we love trolling this probably isn't to funny...everything like this should be taken seriously if it turns out to be a hoax it could go the other way also against the OP ..we shall see.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 23, 2012, 09:52:27 PM
The hack needs to be looked into on their end to make sure that a hack did occur. The OP's computer needs to be searched to make sure.
Get real, please, it's never going to happen. For one thing his account could have been hacked without ever touching his computer.

The last time I acted as an expert witness/investigator in a computer services civil fraud suit was 1987, I was billing $250 an hour for everything from a couple of days of hands-on assessment to the 4 hours I spent on the witness stand to the 4 days I spent waiting to testify in the courthouse hallway, and my bill included time spent briefing the plaintiff's attorney every night after the 4 day trial, except the night after we won the case of course  Smiley

Forensics ain't cheap and they may not represent the best use of resources, particularly in a situation such as this appears to be.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 23, 2012, 09:48:44 PM
I used the wrong word. I was going to type police work, but realized in my mind that I already used the word police and opted for a different word. Wrong choice. Seriously!
I consider it being a citizen. It's not like we were trying to solve a crime, we were trying to save a person. Big difference.

We were pass the saving-a-life stage, for the OP claimed a hack occur. At this point, a crime is in progress. Either the OP wasted valuable resources with a ruse, or a hack did occur and his computer needed to be checked, letting the officers/detectives know 100% NOW that this is not a ruse. If they go back later to check records, they may no longer be there. That would be a big FAIL.

Technically, another claimed the account was hacked. The OP has not yet responded if he ever will.

Yes he has--in the Newbie section.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
April 23, 2012, 09:48:20 PM
Has anyone been damaged?

There are some bruised egos around, that's certain.
Nobody likes to be taken for a ride :-)
legendary
April 23, 2012, 09:47:54 PM
Does this make sense?

A suicide post is published.

Police are called in.

The OP claims his account was hacked.

The police say OK, without doing any investigation and leave.

Case close.

If he was hacked, it's not likely to be solved. If he was not hacked, then that is another story. I doubt a PD cares enough to investigate. If the parents are aware of the situation, they probably don't need to do a criminal investigation. Has anyone been damaged?

Would being distraught be considered been damaged? I have, albeit maybe not as much as the joint, or perhaps others that have been following this thread.
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271
April 23, 2012, 09:47:36 PM
I used the wrong word. I was going to type police work, but realized in my mind that I already used the word police and opted for a different word. Wrong choice. Seriously!
I consider it being a citizen. It's not like we were trying to solve a crime, we were trying to save a person. Big difference.

We were pass the saving-a-life stage, for the OP claimed a hack occur. At this point, a crime is in progress. Either the OP wasted valuable resources with a ruse, or a hack did occur and his computer needed to be checked, letting the officers/detectives know 100% NOW that this is not a ruse. If they go back later to check records, they may no longer be there. That would be a big FAIL.

Technically, another claimed the account was hacked. The OP has not yet responded if he ever will.

legendary
April 23, 2012, 09:45:01 PM

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
April 23, 2012, 09:42:44 PM
Does this make sense?

Police are called in.

Case close.

If he was hacked, it's not likely to be solved. If he was not hacked, then that is another story. I doubt a PD cares enough to investigate. If the parents are aware of the situation, they probably don't need to do a criminal investigation. Has anyone been damaged?
legendary
April 23, 2012, 09:40:04 PM
Does this make sense?

Police are called in.

Case close.
legendary
April 23, 2012, 09:35:51 PM
Wait a sec. I think I did mean detective.

http://www.querycat.com/question/87d0595730838b63fb32bd4e01137fae
A detective is a plain-clothes police officer responsible for the follow-up investigation of crimes and incidents. A uniformed patrol officer responds to and handles the initial investigation of calls for police service. The detective continues the investigation started by the patrol officer but may also initiate specialized investigations directly assigned to the detective unit. In Clearwater, a patrol officer and a detective are of equal rank.

The hack needs to be looked into on their end to make sure that a hack did occur. The OP's computer needs to be searched to make sure.
donator
April 23, 2012, 09:34:16 PM
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 23, 2012, 09:32:46 PM
If somebody hacked into a computer, hasn't a crime been committed? Don't police officers investigate crimes? What am I missing here?
No one seems to like paying for public services like law enforcement, consider all the tax whiners one sees around who piss and moan on "principle".

Resource limitations kick in pretty quickly. Hacked PCs have to be way down on the list for a municipal PD and someone has to make a complaint to begin with, like, um, the victim for example. Don't hold your breath waiting for the latter to happen  Grin
legendary
April 23, 2012, 09:30:22 PM
Morons...
Nuff' said...

How many family/friends have you lost to suicide? It sucks for everyone. I hope his family gets him the help he needs.

A good slap on the face... that's all the help he needs...

The ones falling for this troll post are the ones who need serious help.

In most forums, this would be disregarded. However, this forum brings an element of trust in ones .  Jon aka Atlas has been around long enough to know this.

So, if it was a troll. Yea. He got us all good but has lost all TRUST in his word.  It does not demean us to believe in him and him let us down; it demeans him.

Ironically this is a lose/lose proposition for him. For people that believed him, it is a win/win.

Obviously a hacked account would answer a lot of questions here. However, as someone pointed out, a simple check on IP's will probably confirm to within a 51% degree of certainty. This is a court of public opinion and as such standards are not so high.

IF the PD did do anything here, get a Bitcoin account and I'll donate 1 BTC towards a PR-24 to keep the crowds suppressed. You know your department needs money. Smiley

If I'm not wrong, Jon/Atlas uses TOR to visit this forum. (from other pics that he posted last time) How would we identify him in that case?

The police can still see if was on his computer at least. Why are we doing the detective work for this case, BTW?
Seriously? Now trying to help someone that may be in trouble is called "detective work?"

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
April 23, 2012, 09:30:16 PM
Statistically more woman attempt suicide but more men succeed.     
And the ones who suceed also suceed at keeping their mouths shut... wonder why...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
April 23, 2012, 09:27:41 PM
Statistically more woman attempt suicide but more men succeed.    
donator
April 23, 2012, 09:27:24 PM
Morons...
Nuff' said...

How many family/friends have you lost to suicide? It sucks for everyone. I hope his family gets him the help he needs.

In most forums, this would be disregarded. However, this forum brings an element of trust in ones .  Jon aka Atlas has been around long enough to know this.

So, if it was a troll. Yea. He got us all good but has lost all TRUST in his word.  It does not demean us to believe in him and him let us down; it demeans him.

Ironically this is a lose/lose proposition for him. For people that believed him, it is a win/win.

Obviously a hacked account would answer a lot of questions here. However, as someone pointed out, a simple check on IP's will probably confirm to within a 51% degree of certainty. This is a court of public opinion and as such standards are not so high.

IF the PD did do anything here, get a Bitcoin account and I'll donate 1 BTC towards a PR-24 to keep the crowds suppressed. You know your department needs money. Smiley

If I'm not wrong, Jon/Atlas uses TOR to visit this forum. (from other pics that he posted last time) How would we identify him in that case?

The police can still see if was on his computer at least. Why are we doing the detective work for this case, BTW?
Seriously? Now trying to help someone that may be in trouble is called "detective work?"
legendary
April 23, 2012, 09:22:24 PM
Morons...
Nuff' said...

legendary
April 23, 2012, 09:20:39 PM
Morons...
Nuff' said...

If somebody hacked into a computer, hasn't a crime been committed? Don't police officers investigate crimes? What am I missing here?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
April 23, 2012, 09:20:23 PM
Morons...
Nuff' said...

vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271
April 23, 2012, 09:17:13 PM
Morons...
Nuff' said...

Pages:
Jump to: