Pages:
Author

Topic: IN STOCK - OneStringMiner boards, up to 39GH/s last ITEMS: from US$15...FUN!!! - page 4. (Read 38740 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
Has there been any progress on the new Firmware so they can work with BFGMiner?  
Luke has said that is all that is left to be done.
I know Ben you have been working hard on that and the serial interface tweaks so it will run well from a single USB cable.

After lengthy testing we now know that not all boards will run OK over the serial connection. There is a hardware issue that is causing communication errors on some boards when the serial connection is used. This is not an issue when the boards are used over USB.
And if a stack runs OK with the serial connection, the total hashrate will most likely not be higher than an USB connected stack.
I did manage to get up to 500GH/s for a 16 board tower, but only after replacing suboptimal boards.
That same stack went up to 507GH/s when connected over USB, but that might have been a matter of luck.

I am currently testing a stack that consists of boards that have been modified by hand.

Regarding Bfgminer, Luke is waiting on me for a version of the firmware that includes the number of chips in the answer that the board gives on the version question send by Bfgminer. I am not sure why, but it seems that the boards are not answering, or I am doing something wrong. I am still investigating.
My 3* boards have just arrived.  My power supply has no PCIe connector, just single positive and negative wires.  My question is; what is the best way to wire this to my board?
Should I wire the power supply wires to some sort of adapter and plug into the PCIe connection or would it be better to figure out a way to wire this to the barrel jack connection?
You can do this:
1. jump start the power supply, by shorting the green wire and the black wire next to it (position 4 and 5 of the connector) with a paperclip, like this:

2. check the voltage on a black and yellow wire with a multimeter, if it's at least 11.8V, the power supply is usable (I picked an old PSU and it showed 11.3V. This means slow hashing, so better get another PSU)

3. Disconnect the mains from the PSU
4. If you're ok with cutting the wires of the PSU, cut black and yellow wires of connectors. Start with a connector that only has black and yellow, then move to connectors with red, black and yellow. Only use the yellow and black wires. Do not use any of the big connector.
5. Strip all yellow wires, bundle the stripped part together and connect to the 12V on the green screw terminal of the middle board of your stack.
6. Do the same for all black wires, and connect to the GND of the green screw terminal of the middle board of your stack.
7. Use the supplied power cables to connect board 1 to board 2 using the screw terminals (red on 12V, black on GND) and connect board 2 and 3 in the same way.
8. Connect the USB cables, start cgminer and then connect the mains again.
9. The boards should start hashing
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Has there been any progress on the new Firmware so they can work with BFGMiner?  
Luke has said that is all that is left to be done.
I know Ben you have been working hard on that and the serial interface tweaks so it will run well from a single USB cable.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Great, thanks for that.  I will run bare wires to one board and then using the short connecting wires (supplied with boards) run power from that board to the other 2 consecutively.  I was tempted to try this already, but resisted the urge out of fear of destroying my new gear.

Just make sure you get the polarity right.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Great, thanks for that.  I will run bare wires to one board and then using the short connecting wires (supplied with boards) run power from that board to the other 2 consecutively.  I was tempted to try this already, but resisted the urge out of fear of destroying my new gear.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
My 3* boards have just arrived.  My power supply has no PCIe connector, just single positive and negative wires.  My question is; what is the best way to wire this to my board?
Should I wire the power supply wires to some sort of adapter and plug into the PCIe connection or would it be better to figure out a way to wire this to the barrel jack connection?
You can put bare wires in the green screw terminals.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I sell pci-e connectors with thick 16awg wires in my signature.  might take a few days to arrive though but are an excellent solution that will not melt like cheap 18awg or smaller wires can
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Was just curious if you had plans to switch after your stock was exhausted of rev1.
Yes, since the V1 chips are not available anymore afaik.
Since you say you do have rev2 boards running. Do the crack 43+ghash when fully OCed
I haven't overvolted them yet. Will do soon.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
@Benturas how much stock do you have left?
How many do you need ?
And do you have an initiative to do future restocks with revision 2 bitfury chips?
We have two test boards running, first results look OK, no solid plan to invest in Bitfury V2 yet, but working on it.

Was just curious if you had plans to switch after your stock was exhausted of rev1.

Since you say you do have rev2 boards running. Do the crack 43+ghash when fully OCed
legendary
I know and I have no regret they are great miners.

Ah $40 price drop a 2 days after I order.  LOL
I have all the luck.
It arrived today safe and sound.  Already crunching away.
You're forgetting the shipment cost, which was included in your price.
The real drop in price is about $10.

Ah $40 price drop a 2 days after I order.  LOL
I have all the luck.
It arrived today safe and sound.  Already crunching away.
You're forgetting the shipment cost, which was included in your price.
The real drop in price is about $10.
legendary
How many do you need ?
And do you have an initiative to do future restocks with revision 2 bitfury chips?
We have two test boards running, first results look OK, no solid plan to invest in Bitfury V2 yet, but working on it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

The prices as of April 24st, excluding shipment:
Product   #boards   GH/s   outside EU price in $   price including VAT inside EU   price excluding VAT for business owners
DIY   1   25+   $138.51   €121.19   €100.16
DIY0   1   25+   $169.52   €158.15   €130.71
DIY1   1   30+   $180.75   €172.17   €142.29
DIY2   2   60+   $358.38   €333.24   €275.41

See updated OP for more information.
οκ thx. From the caps ii think if i do that i will dmg the board Tongue
Yep!
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
οκ thx. From the caps ii think if i do that i will dmg the board Tongue
I have a mutli rail psu and i think to plug to the second board the cpu 12v rail. I have already plug pci-e to the other board.
NO !!!
You can not use the CPU plug into the PCIe connector on the board.
It's best to use the PCIe in one board and use the supplied power cable to connect the two boards using the green screw terminals.
Red wire to 12V, black wire to GND (12V and GND is written on the board near the green screw terminal)
Pages:
Jump to: