Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W - page 51. (Read 45438 times)

Activity: 529
Merit: 29
Look at what Inno did to the new Decred miners. They have been pumping out 20k miners each month to where they flooded the market and it will take 2 years for anyone to make their investment back and that was without Bitmain entering the market. Now it will be Inno vs Bitmain to see who can flood the market the fastest and I expect Bitmains miners to be obsolete in 2 months which is what happened to the A3's for siacoin. Anyone who pays 10k for Inno's miners is in for a rude wake up call because it will be making $10 a day in 2 months.

For Decred, 20k units per month is factually wrong. At only 20k miners at 2TH/s each would result in network hashrate of 40,000TH/s. We are around 25-30,000TH/s right now.

I think 5k units per month is more like it, add to it what Ibelink is adding.
It wasn't meant to be an exact number and the next batch is shipping while the network is at 30PH when not even 2 months ago it was at 2.5PH. At the end of this second month it will be at 40PH which is about 20,000 a month from "1" company. What do you think Bitmain will do??? The exact same thing Inno will do and that is stop selling when people stop buying but by that time it will be too late and they just robbed everyone all over again. The D3 was the first alt miner that everyone got royally screwed on and I saw the posts about it but still thought it would be different this time around but it wasn't it's only gotten worse. I'm not saying anything to bash anyone I'm trying to help and teach from my experience so no one else gets burned. I have 50k in miners I've gotten new 1st batches from Bitmain, halong and Inno since February and only have $13k in coins to show for it. Mining isn't dead it's no longer profitable and it's way better to buy at today's low prices and hold because the A9 wont sell for more then $400 in 2 months.

Wisdom aside, 20k units in 2 months would mean we should be at 40PH, but we are not there. The actual number should be 5k x 2 months = 20PH. What is being added is mostly Ibelink 6TH units, I think they are testing and slowly dispatching them, which gradually pushing up the net hash. Who know where the net hash ends up. If Ibelink adds 5k, we are looking at 40-60PH, plus more when oblisk ships.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
Look at what Inno did to the new Decred miners. They have been pumping out 20k miners each month to where they flooded the market and it will take 2 years for anyone to make their investment back and that was without Bitmain entering the market. Now it will be Inno vs Bitmain to see who can flood the market the fastest and I expect Bitmains miners to be obsolete in 2 months which is what happened to the A3's for siacoin. Anyone who pays 10k for Inno's miners is in for a rude wake up call because it will be making $10 a day in 2 months.

For Decred, 20k units per month is factually wrong. At only 20k miners at 2TH/s each would result in network hashrate of 40,000TH/s. We are around 25-30,000TH/s right now.

It wasn't meant to be an exact number and the next batch is shipping while the network is at 30PH when not even 2 months ago it was at 2.5PH. At the end of this second month it will be at 40PH which is about 20,000 a month from "1" company. What do you think Bitmain will do??? The exact same thing Inno will do and that is stop selling when people stop buying but by that time it will be too late and they just robbed everyone all over again. The D3 was the first alt miner that everyone got royally screwed on and I saw the posts about it but still thought it would be different this time around but it wasn't it's only gotten worse. I'm not saying anything to bash anyone I'm trying to help and teach from my experience so no one else gets burned. I have 50k in miners I've gotten new 1st batches from Bitmain, halong and Inno since February and only have $13k in coins to show for it. Mining isn't dead it's no longer profitable and it's way better to buy at today's low prices and hold because the A9 wont sell for more then $400 in 2 months.
Very well said and very true my friend.....but as always, they won't listen. Money trees and unicorns are never out of favor with the dreamer set.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

-snip-
as I mentioned earlier I will be posting the Zec address so a single A9 mined coins can be tracked...
-snip-

Looking forward to it. Congratulations btw, based on your posts, it seems that mining has seem to have been good to you. 60 mining rigs is a lot and just having sold the hardware is already a win.

Out of curiosity, how many days did it take from the day you sent payment to the day you received your tracking number? Also, how much tax did you have to pay for the delivery of the A9? I can imagine being taxed more than 30% to have it delivered to Asia.

I am from Southern California. There is an out of state or country tax for me due next year, but if the miner is run out of state then there is no tax assessed  Wink I sent payment on June 9, received an email from Inno on June 11 that the A9 has been shipped without a tracking number. Received a text from DHL yesterday that the miner has been picked up, it should be in the States sometimes today for delivery on June 15. I am guessing there will be a brokerage fee due from DHL at the time of delivery.  I started with 17 rigs and continually reinvested earnings and grew to 60 in less than a year, I could have added more but I can't run the rigs here in California due to one of the nation's highest electricity rates I am paying. Also didn't want to run too many rigs far from home. But my rooftop 10.7 kW solar helps run low powered rigs, A9 fits the bill perfectly.

mind to show how it look like for a 10.7Kwh solar panel look ..

For your viewing pleasure (w/o giving out location info).

Brokerage fees are usually from $20-$70 based on the carrier. Yes, the shipment is listed as 2 pieces.
Activity: 21
Merit: 1

I am from Southern California. There is an out of state or country tax for me due next year, but if the miner is run out of state then there is no tax assessed  Wink I sent payment on June 9, received an email from Inno on June 11 that the A9 has been shipped without a tracking number. Received a text from DHL yesterday that the miner has been picked up, it should be in the States sometimes today for delivery on June 15. I am guessing there will be a brokerage fee due from DHL at the time of delivery.  I started with 17 rigs and continually reinvested earnings and grew to 60 in less than a year, I could have added more but I can't run the rigs here in California due to one of the nation's highest electricity rates I am paying. Also didn't want to run too many rigs far from home. But my rooftop 10.7 kW solar helps run low powered rigs, A9 fits the bill perfectly.

Slightly disappointed...I got notifications the same day as you, but it seems I won't have mine until Monday  Cry.  Could also just be my service area as well. On the plus side, I guess I have cheap electricity? I don't have solar, but it would be amazing with these units.

Also what are you expecting as far as a brokerage fee? And is your shipment listed as 2 pieces on DHL website?
Activity: 42
IF this unit was priced at around $3k it would be fair... this is a complete rip off and you wont get ROI
Activity: 51

-snip-
as I mentioned earlier I will be posting the Zec address so a single A9 mined coins can be tracked...
-snip-

Looking forward to it. Congratulations btw, based on your posts, it seems that mining has seem to have been good to you. 60 mining rigs is a lot and just having sold the hardware is already a win.

Out of curiosity, how many days did it take from the day you sent payment to the day you received your tracking number? Also, how much tax did you have to pay for the delivery of the A9? I can imagine being taxed more than 30% to have it delivered to Asia.

mind to show how it look like for a 10.7Kwh solar panel look ..

-snip-
-snip-

Activity: 252
Merit: 13
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

-snip-
-snip-

I remember those days staying up all night to keep rigs running and mining $1-$1.5k worth of zec/day until claymore made it simple to mine for everyone. I am down to 22 Nvidia only rigs from 60 now (sold my fury and RX rigs recently), but also running about 70 ASICs (L3+s, S9s, B3s, A3s, X3 and soon Z9s and A9) in Chandler and Katy hosting sites. It's a hobby for me besides my day job. Let's update the results here, I am planning to run it at Flypool in the beginning to track earnings.

Ahh... The good 'ol days. If I remember correctly I had just purchased some rx 480's at the time. Used nicehash to supplement, and was able to get a large chunk of my investment back within 24h on a lucky order fill during the run up on poloniex.

Hope you are right just for your effort and calculations Wink I have mined only Zec among Equihash coins and not planning to mine anything else ( so far I have mined 455 Zec and growing). So, all these forks doesn't really bother me, in fact I think they are actually better for Zec since most GPUs will be hashing something else. My realistic ROI for any gear is between 6-12 months, as I mentioned earlier I will be posting the Zec address so a single A9 mined coins can be tracked. I also ordered 4 batch 1 Z9s which was about $8k minus coupons which haven't been shipped yet, compared to those A9 was a better buy.

Edit: it comes with a S11 and PSU for $400 Smiley

wow... I'm in the exact same boat as you. I ordered 1 A9, 4 batch 1 Z9 minis, and opted for the S11. My ROI expectation is 6 months. I've always been a GPU miner and these are my first ASIC's. I also stayed up very late on the night ZEC launched to help mine the genesis block, so i've been invested in ZEC since the start. Very interested to see how this plays out. Let's keep each other informed on what settings/pools work best.

I remember those days staying up all night to keep rigs running and mining $1-$1.5k worth of zec/day until claymore made it simple to mine for everyone. I am down to 22 Nvidia only rigs from 60 now (sold my fury and RX rigs recently), but also running about 70 ASICs (L3+s, S9s, B3s, A3s, X3 and soon Z9s and A9) in Chandler and Katy hosting sites. It's a hobby for me besides my day job. Let's update the results here, I am planning to run it at Flypool in the beginning to track earnings.

Hope you are right just for your effort and calculations Wink I have mined only Zec among Equihash coins and not planning to mine anything else ( so far I have mined 455 Zec and growing). So, all these forks doesn't really bother me, in fact I think they are actually better for Zec since most GPUs will be hashing something else. My realistic ROI for any gear is between 6-12 months, as I mentioned earlier I will be posting the Zec address so a single A9 mined coins can be tracked. I also ordered 4 batch 1 Z9s which was about $8k minus coupons which haven't been shipped yet, compared to those A9 was a better buy.

wow... I'm in the exact same boat as you. I ordered 1 A9, 4 batch 1 Z9 minis, and opted for the S11. My ROI expectation is 6 months. I've always been a GPU miner and these are my first ASIC's. I also stayed up very late on the night ZEC launched to help mine the genesis block, so i've been invested in ZEC since the start. Very interested to see how this plays out. Let's keep each other informed on what settings/pools work best.
Tracking number received, delivery on Friday, June 15 by DHL  Grin
Grats man keep us posted(pics whould be nice Wink)I was borred so i did some math(sorry if it was wrong)but with current price you should earn about 100$+ a day according to whattomine,so you should have about a month of mining advantage over gpus that should bring you arround 3k$Now it gets tricky as most of equihash coins planned to fork to new algo(zhash) arround mid of July(zen for example)some smaller may fork sooner but still most will follow that time table.Your problems will start after this period because you will have only komodo/zcash to mine with them(yeah i know that zcash might fork but really doubt that happening with zooko) so it all depends on how big is the first inno batch+bitmains big z9 mini batch will be delivered in august causing even higher diff.I am sorry to say this but it looks like that you might not even roi on your gear,your only hope is that inno and bitmain are already mining with those asics so diff doesnt spike that much with new gear coming online(this will be interesting to see)

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

Activity: 294
Merit: 103
Tracking number received, delivery on Friday, June 15 by DHL  Grin
Grats man keep us posted(pics whould be nice Wink)I was borred so i did some math(sorry if it was wrong)but with current price you should earn about 100$+ a day according to whattomine,so you should have about a month of mining advantage over gpus that should bring you arround 3k$Now it gets tricky as most of equihash coins planned to fork to new algo(zhash) arround mid of July(zen for example)some smaller may fork sooner but still most will follow that time table.Your problems will start after this period because you will have only komodo/zcash to mine with them(yeah i know that zcash might fork but really doubt that happening with zooko) so it all depends on how big is the first inno batch+bitmains big z9 mini batch will be delivered in august causing even higher diff.I am sorry to say this but it looks like that you might not even roi on your gear,your only hope is that inno and bitmain are already mining with those asics so diff doesnt spike that much with new gear coming online(this will be interesting to see)

That is awesome!  Keep us posted on how it goes.  Looking forward to your review of this rig! Great news that Inno is actually getting these out the door in time this time.  Last few miner launches have not been good for them.

I am surprised as well, only heard about delays in the past. I will post its journey here and use a new address to mine so mined coin amount can be tracked. I am curious if it will recoup 1.390649 btc and how soon.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517

That is awesome!  Keep us posted on how it goes.  Looking forward to your review of this rig! Great news that Inno is actually getting these out the door in time this time.  Last few miner launches have not been good for them.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

Wow.  You are going to make a killing out of the gate.  Be interesting to see how this plays out longer term.  I am waiting on a batch 1 Z9.  Was hoping they would get out of China a little sooner.  Well some did, I guess I was hoping that mine specifically would.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Mining Equihash with a R9 390 is a mistake in the first place - they are a LOT more profitable on Ethash and I don't think they've EVER matched their Ethash profitability with equihash mining.
Pages:
Jump to: