Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising? - page 37. (Read 20594 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 252
December 15, 2017, 07:40:37 AM
For now i think invest in ico not promising. Because i can not see there is good ico. And also i am traumatized because before i invest in some ico but when into market the price is very low.  Under price of ico. So i think it better to buy coin on market than invest on ico.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
December 11, 2017, 01:50:34 AM
I think yes you can get profit in ico especially they will promise to sell there tokens wit a discoun but before you enter in this fied you need to analyze there white papers , if the dev are kind and transparent and the last look at the result of every bounties if they payed all the participant who actively participate thats how I determined a good icos + active in social media like twitter and telegram . But in some case you cant assure if its legit or scam .
Activity: 864
Merit: 284
December 10, 2017, 11:23:37 PM

I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

I think investing in ico has considerable risk. because most ico is now a scam and again most ico now when entering the market the price is just below the ico price and very difficult to ride. I've invested a few times in ico in cartaxi, stuffgogo, polybius, etc. but all I received was a loss. so I think it's better to buy coins that already exist in the market rather than invest in ico especially for those of us who can not analyze a project should not invest ico.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
December 10, 2017, 10:25:11 PM
all these scam-ICO very much shit, others, the people are inactive, I know for sure that the majority of Russian ICO is exactly scam, I have not yet encountered a single sensible project

LOL, how can you be so sure that majority of Russian's are scam ICO. Anyways, its hard to spot a good and trusted ICO, and there are hundreds that are popping up. We need to used our judgment and common sense. We are talking our hard earn money to begin it, so before investors think and investigate first.

Case for example is Confido, which at face value, doesn't look like they are scamming and they only raised $300,00 but that's enough for those greedy scammers and run off with investors money. So be careful moving forward and do your homework in the beginning and not just trust those face value ICO.
Activity: 658
Merit: 13
December 10, 2017, 10:19:38 PM
all these scam-ICO very much shit, others, the people are inactive, I know for sure that the majority of Russian ICO is exactly scam, I have not yet encountered a single sensible project
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
December 10, 2017, 09:51:37 PM
In my opinion. Its harder nowadays to find a good ICO compared before. Too many icos and most of it are crap. Already existing ideas and some have no use in the future. Just make sure you do a better research on your target icos
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
December 10, 2017, 07:41:52 PM
Eventhough almost 70% in ICO's are scam,I think it is still promising to invest money in ICO as long as you choose the right company where to invest to.Also,there are many good projects in ICO, meaning its profitable.
The best thing to do is reasearch for the project you want to join first to identify if it's a scam or not.
For me, only Ethereum is really a good project and useful for investor and society.
Unlike the ICO projects recently, I did not see any real project can helps the society become better or useful for our business, just for profit.

Some Ethereum projects are better than others.  I see a lot of new cryptocurrency coins, which all seem to just be another version of what is already there.  I don't think that is sustainable.  But there are some ICO built on Ethereum that are aiming at resolving or alleviating real world issues.  Some have innovative ways of using blockchain.  Those are worth looking at.
Honestly, only Ethereum is enough to solve all the problems in reality. As long as we can increase the capaty and power in mining to help the Ethereum network will not clog up the system, I am sure Ethereum will become the best cryptocurrency, better than Bitcoin in the technology to apply for reality, society.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
December 10, 2017, 11:41:26 AM
There are a few legit projects but most of them are doomed to fail I think. Most of these projects don't even need blockchains to operate. Its just like dotcom bubble. Many of those IPOs were just normal projects with an "internet" tag.
So, investing in an ICO with legit product still be promising.  But, all startups ICOs have risk
Activity: 112
December 08, 2017, 02:52:41 PM
There are a few legit projects but most of them are doomed to fail I think. Most of these projects don't even need blockchains to operate. Its just like dotcom bubble. Many of those IPOs were just normal projects with an "internet" tag.
Activity: 868
Merit: 502
December 08, 2017, 02:49:27 PM
Of course i think ico is very promising until now and may be for longer in the future. The only problem with ico is we may dont know will that ico have the chance to rise in the future, so we have to do research carefully before investing in that ico.

Yes, I agree. I's better do really good research before decide to invest or not.
Activity: 237
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
December 08, 2017, 11:07:03 AM
Of course i think ico is very promising until now and may be for longer in the future. The only problem with ico is we may dont know will that ico have the chance to rise in the future, so we have to do research carefully before investing in that ico.
December 08, 2017, 10:59:16 AM
Eventhough almost 70% in ICO's are scam,I think it is still promising to invest money in ICO as long as you choose the right company where to invest to.Also,there are many good projects in ICO, meaning its profitable.
The best thing to do is reasearch for the project you want to join first to identify if it's a scam or not.
For me, only Ethereum is really a good project and useful for investor and society.
Unlike the ICO projects recently, I did not see any real project can helps the society become better or useful for our business, just for profit.

Some Ethereum projects are better than others.  I see a lot of new cryptocurrency coins, which all seem to just be another version of what is already there.  I don't think that is sustainable.  But there are some ICO built on Ethereum that are aiming at resolving or alleviating real world issues.  Some have innovative ways of using blockchain.  Those are worth looking at.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
December 07, 2017, 05:01:46 PM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 06:45:10 AM
I believe there are still good opportunities out there. Although It would require a good research on your Side to avoid scams. I am new in this world and my first criteria before putting my money into a project (I am a small investor) is to check if there is a solid company / product behind the ICO. Recently I made an investiment on AppCoins, since they are backed by Aptoide, a 200 million user company. I also found crowdsale and whitepaper docs reliable. I hope I won't regret.
Activity: 140
December 06, 2017, 11:02:39 PM
actually invest on ICO is profitable, but for now will be better if you invest on bitcoin, now there so many ICO potentially to be scammed, when the ETH going down, it will be good time to buy it and waiting for the stable price again. erc20 token now will grow up because the ETH price little bit fall, it should be given you profit if you invest in it. but keep stay aware.!
Activity: 113
December 06, 2017, 10:50:45 PM
Activity: 714
3... 2... 1... Launch!
December 06, 2017, 10:15:27 PM
You could argue the larger and better rated/reviewed an ICO is the better chances it has of succeeding in both reaching hard cap and having more market stability but a lot of that is driven by massive amounts of hype and extremely high expectations

There are some exceptions to this however *hint*
Activity: 462
December 06, 2017, 10:06:11 PM
Looking at what projects, we already need to competently assess risks, more and more distrust of ICO from investors
Offcourse it's a yes, investing in ICO is still promising because there many good ICO project, and if we can choose a promising  ico project we can totally make many from it, and i am believing thag ICO can make use rich in the future, and my advice is before investing in ico we should choose first a promising ICO.
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
December 06, 2017, 09:51:54 PM
Yes. Most of ICO nowadays are scam, they are very greedy on money. But still some of ICO now are still legit. Just select it, you should first research the project you want to invest in. It takes time to identify if scam or not. Good luck.
December 06, 2017, 09:43:20 PM
I have a different thought with you. I always believe that ICOs is always promising. Look at the market now, you can see many there are many successful projects recently such as Bitclave, Utrust, Quantstamp, Wax, Blockstack,.. This proves investing in ICO is never a mistake. However, the most important thing is that what is the good way to find out a potential project?

Not so sure about the always.  It could be real easy to lose money in an ICO if the company running it lies or does not produce the product as represented, or just runs off with the money.  This has happened, so not all ICO can be trusted, just like not all people can be trusted
Pages:
Jump to: