Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising? - page 58. (Read 20594 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
October 12, 2017, 01:05:28 PM
I want to believe ICO are still profitable, but you have to do the research (and have some luck as well, cause the whitepaper might be strong but external factors can always play against you).
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 12, 2017, 01:04:59 PM
I think ICOs have given retail investors the chance to stand in a friends/family/angel/VC's shoes; able to invest in pre-idea/idea/product stage of a start up. I strongly urge all of you participating in an ICO to think like an angel/VC, the startup may be a good idea, may already have a product, but is the market or traction substantial enough to warrant an investment from you?
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
October 12, 2017, 12:09:17 PM
Now it is harder to found 10x ico, but check Pally ICO.
15th October, great team, advisors with experience in HSBC, JP Morgan and more Wink
Activity: 74
October 12, 2017, 11:47:46 AM
Its full of scams now a days. You need to be very cautious about where you are investing your money. However, I still believe ICO is promising.
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
October 12, 2017, 11:43:05 AM
This depends on the ICO project, many users who get huge profits due to join ICO, for example is the Notary Platform, when the ICO price $ 0.2 then 3 months later the price reached $ 6 although now down to $ 2.6 but still profitable.
So the most efficient technique to utilize is to hold those coins that you have earned and wait for the right price to have that value to get that large amount of profit that you always planned to get.

If we see the timeline of the project and ICO we can see that every month there is a chance of possibilities that the price will reach a peak value and it will almost have 100% profit.
Activity: 266
October 10, 2017, 04:55:35 PM
Philosophical question) This is an investment, it is always a risk. Yes, now proceeding from the news, I began to notice that I am more attentive and suspiciously looking on ICO's, which I am going to invest in, but I don't plan to completely abandon the idea. This is an excellent field for the game Wink
Activity: 564
Merit: 104
October 10, 2017, 04:08:41 PM
Difficult to say. There are now too many ICOs and ICO flipping doesn't work any more. Perhaps one day many of these projects will make the value of their token multiply, but it's a gamble.
Activity: 826
Merit: 523
October 10, 2017, 04:04:47 PM
ICOs will remain profitable, as long you invest in new startup with real intention and valid use cases, but any kind of investment can be risky, not only in blockchain projects.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
October 10, 2017, 03:54:49 PM
Choosing the right icos will make it even harder these days
I trust the guts ticket project, I suggest you investigate Guts
Activity: 126
October 10, 2017, 03:42:17 PM
yes is promising cause is a few icos that is not scam so if you make a good research you will earn a lot of money.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
October 10, 2017, 03:29:00 PM
I think investing in ICO will always be promising if you choose correct projects very carefully and diversify risks.

No one knows what's the future of a certain projects. Even a project seems to be good (as always to make it a good impression at investors), have a media coverage, transparent identity of a team etc. we can't denied the fact that still chances are there for them to turned into a shit.

So we can't say that we chosen a good projects once we invest on a certain ICO. That's how risky investing on ICOs are. Now how can we say that investing on ICO is still promising? Take all the associated risk here.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
October 10, 2017, 08:46:32 AM
Post was from July but I think this topic is very important as of the moment. Almost every day new ICO is coming out on the market. The good identifier which ICO will become successful is their uniqueness and how the community and even those normal person will benefit the project. What I've noticed, a lot of that will fool people that their project is unique but if you will check it, few people will only benefit it
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
October 10, 2017, 08:30:11 AM
It's still good as long as you study well the company or making some valuable research if they are legit or not because sometimes there are ico's that have fake profile and just want to do it to scam people. Just don't put all your money on one ico's it will lessen the risk of losing all the money.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
October 10, 2017, 07:52:17 AM
I think investing in ICO will always be promising if you choose correct projects very carefully and diversify risks.
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
October 10, 2017, 07:46:42 AM
It depends on many factors like your selection of coin, your self study regarding their project and white paper and the team behind the project. Not all ICOs are bad nor all ICOs are good. Some ICOs can generate huge income because of viability of their project and some will not give you anything if their project is not sustainable in long run.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
October 10, 2017, 07:17:01 AM
Agree and ICOs are becoming less profitable for investors which is why I also want to know what are the good Pre-ICOs sale prior to getting to ICO  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22736324
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
October 10, 2017, 06:01:03 AM
It really is all about being careful. Investing in an ICO is no different to investing into the stock market. There will be losers and winners.....always.

RISK versus RETURN is what its all about. People invest into ICO's to make a bigger return than they would in safer investments.

The higher the RISK the possibility of a higher return is greater. That works both ways however.

Simple rule - don't invest in anything that involves RISK is you cannot afford to loose it all!

It's like investing in pyramid schemes.. pick a good one right ?
Because after all isn't crypto about making Bitcoin / FIAT profits ?
ICO = SCAM ..all of them.
Well, except the one in my SIG i flog here for profits of course right guys ?
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
October 09, 2017, 08:18:41 AM
Well, definitely, more than 70% of ICO are scams. BUT there are some which will rock the world!

For me, the best ICO so far is Crowdholding. They are connecting the crowd with small and big business to co-create on the products together.

Activity: 700
Merit: 277
October 09, 2017, 05:14:30 AM
This depends on the ICO project, many users who get huge profits due to join ICO, for example is the Notary Platform, when the ICO price $ 0.2 then 3 months later the price reached $ 6 although now down to $ 2.6 but still profitable.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Transact Safer / Chase Better
October 09, 2017, 04:51:38 AM
I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

Some are just investing on ICO's just to have a bonus then dumps it after they recieve their tokens.
As long as the ICO arrives and offers creative and innovative ideas then very realistic to be realized. I'm sure there will be many investors who will put their money in that ICO. The team will also be influential from the future of ICO. choose ICO that experience team in that sector and trusted. when the project is running of course you as an investor will get a profit..
There are many icos that have nothing like that and yet they get huge financing from the community thanks to the fact that many do not care where they put their money as long as it gives profits and if a project is generating noise around the community then they invest.

Due to because they find growth in the company and people start investing into the ICO's. When they see the potential of any coin or the company is more reputable then people start investing into the ICO's.
Pages:
Jump to: