Author

Topic: I/O Coin - Ticker: IOC - Stealth Blockchain Ecosystem - Dions - Chameleon - page 190. (Read 719184 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I personally think this Qt/not-Qt pissing contest is shameful and hope that we can respect each other going forward.

Agreed, please let your PR guy Wizfarm know, as he is the one who started it when he discovered shadow html5 wallet got released first, else there would be no issues between the coins communities imho.

Great job to both dev teams, lack of professionalism on ur pr guy for starting that tho.
Activity: 21
For Windows 8 users: I will be experimenting tomorrow with a version of the wallet that should work on Windows 8. Please stay tuned!

So, is this basically just another marketers coin? just to hype instead of innovate?

I didn't spend the last month and a half "marketing", I spent it at my computer writing code to get this project working. Whether it's hype or not is for you all to judge, now that it is released to the public.

So essentially what you have is a web wallet wrapped using node-webkit, whereas other coins have actually created a standalone product that works with their coin only.. Why not open source it since it works with any coin?

It's an RPC front-end packaged with an RPC-only daemon, with clean separation between the front-end and daemon. No, it's not a "web wallet", none of your data is stored on our servers. No it can't be used for just any coin, as there are some I/O-specific functions included. Regardless, the code is closed source and the copyright is held by the I/O Coin Team to protect the investment that the community has made in I/O Coin, and we will not allow distribution of our code by any other alt-coins.

At the end of the day, we just wanted to bring a new, beautiful, feature-rich wallet to the users of I/O Coin. I respect that Shadowcoin wants to do the same thing and have also made a very impressive wallet. I personally think this Qt/not-Qt pissing contest is shameful and hope that we can respect each other going forward.
Activity: 23
Wow, lots of trolls to add to my ignore list.

I will just say this one time.

ShadowCon wallet. is QT.  Click ABOUT and it pops up QT version...

I/Ocoin walet is html5 - when you click ABOUT is says HTML5.

You do know thats only the description and is just one line code? you could add the wallet was made on mars even, that's why i said marketers coin, is just like that "pos.3" marketing strategy and stuff, anyone can see it, you are underestimating the market intelligence if you think they can not see throw it.

Only 18% of people use Windows 8.  No doubt that 18% will come here saying what a scam we are for not releasing a Windows 8 version.
55%.6% of people use Windows 7.  

Guess what?  Cryptocurrency is a tech environment, so yes i think most of that 18% of win 8 users will hang around the forum.

As for "claiming" first html5 wallet, well its not even multiplatform, i preffer a real html5 frame working multiplatform and even more an anonymous one, and sorry to let u know but html5 tech was released 1 day before by Shadow, you can go read some cryptocurrency news sites and find it out for urself Smiley

IO wallet looks nice and i like your "templates" but honestly that shadow wallet works way more neat than IO, at least at the moment, Cheers.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Wow, lots of trolls to add to my ignore list.

I will just say this one time.

ShadowCon wallet. is QT.  Click ABOUT and it pops up QT version...

I/Ocoin walet is html5 - when you click ABOUT is says HTML5.

The only adds on are all the other wallets. So you trolls can say and post what you want,
but you are smiply just making yourself look even more stupid to everyone else
 who realizes I/Ocoin Windows 7 and Mac is a true HTML5 wallet.

Windows 8 is being worked on, as previously pointed out, it crashes on start up for some unknown reason
Maybe a HTML5 expert here would know the solution to this.

Here's some facts:

Only 18% of people use Windows 8.  No doubt that 18% will come here saying what a scam we are for not releasing a Windows 8 version.
55%.6% of people use Windows 7. 

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

Remember, no other coin has madea HTML5 wallet. We are version 1.

So lots more updates to follow.
Activity: 6
So essentially what you have is a web wallet wrapped using node-webkit, whereas other coins have actually created a standalone product that works with their coin only.. Why not open source it since it works with any coin?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
when is the Windows 8.1 version coming?

some of us run the latest and greatest hardware

We have a full beta working but unfortunately it requires the qt to work, we have been experiencing problems with the daemon. We will update when we get these issues resolved. 

Wait so its just a frontend? I can use this frontend with anycoin?
I have a daemon for another coin that works on windows 8. I see I just put the .conf in the right place then it works... just has the iocoin logo and stuff but I can change it with my own theme Cheesy

So its a front end.

Shadowcash did it first  Grin

ShadowCash did qt5 with html front end.. They just couldn't work on a brand new engine like us, is understandable super hard to do, but as always we break ground. ours is HTML on Node.js+Webkit, theirs is HTML on Qt. Not so ground breaking as is on top of QT5 witch by the way we currently have IONS running on.

Activity: 6

We have a full beta working but unfortunately it requires the qt to work, we have been experiencing problems with the daemon. We will update when we get these issues resolved.  

Wait so its just a frontend? I can use this frontend with anycoin?
I have a daemon for another coin that works on windows 8. I see I just put the .conf in the right place then it works... just has the iocoin logo and stuff but I can change it with my own theme Cheesy
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Our Long Awaited HTML5 Wallet Enjoy!

Excellent! Il check it out right away! Luckily my wife have a win 7 machine Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 503

So, it is not real multiplatform then, win 8.1 here too so im skipping this one as  it does not work.

On Windows 8 our Qt works perfect, We are having issues with the daemon on stand alone HTML5. HTML5 running QT in the background works. Once we get the daemon stabilized for HTML5 stand alone we are good to release.

For those of you on Windows 8 that want to try the beta, you can join the irc or pm us with a request. The beta runs with QT and is fully functional. As you all know with anything beta, you must be experienced and obviously back up your wallet.dat before installing.

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

I/O Coin Dev StPatty enjoys a traditional Canadian meal of poutine, pizza, and Dr. Pepper. Congratulations to the team  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team
i cant seem to get the app to run.  i downloaded the node-webkit but cannot get it to run.
I'm assuming you are on Linux? Did you try the udev fix specified in the notes?

If you come on IRC (#I/OCoin in irc.freenode.net) you can message me (StPatty) and I can help you out.

Sorry I should have been more specific.  

I am trying to make a theme.  Im on windows.  I downloaded the windows version and I've looked at the directions here: https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/wiki/How-to-run-apps

"On Windows, the easiest way to run the app is to drag the folder onto nw.exe, or a shortcut to nw.exe. Remember to drag the folder containing package.json, and not package.json itself."

I do this but nothing happens.

Please find me on irc Stpatty
Activity: 532
i cant seem to get the app to run.  i downloaded the node-webkit but cannot get it to run.

If you come on IRC (#I/OCoin in irc.freenode.net) you can message me (StPatty) and I can help you out.

Sorry I should have been more specific.  

I am trying to make a theme.  Im on windows.  I downloaded the windows version and I've looked at the directions here: https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/wiki/How-to-run-apps

"On Windows, the easiest way to run the app is to drag the folder onto nw.exe, or a shortcut to nw.exe. Remember to drag the folder containing package.json, and not package.json itself."

I do this but nothing happens.
Activity: 21

Activity: 532
i cant seem to get the app to run.  i downloaded the node-webkit but cannot get it to run.
Activity: 270
Merit: 150
iOC Development Team
Go download our Android mobile wallet with Point Of Sale Mode.. OUT NoW!

Jump to: