Pages:
Author

Topic: IRS claims it has LOST two years' worth of emails from former official Lerner - page 19. (Read 22699 times)

Activity: 343
Merit: 100
Well, I have an associate's degree in IT and I can tell you this is total BS. They should have had backups and, even if they didn't, any competent IT professional should have been able to extract the data from the defunct hard drives involved.

You assume people holding the job is a competent personal.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Reporter Sharyl Attkisson Raises Good Questions IRS Should Answer On “Lost” Lerner Emails

https://twitter.com/JohnEkdahl/status/477903945382125568/photo/1

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Anyone here in bitcointalk an IT professional? How can this still be possible in 2014?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657545/IRS-claims-LOST-two-years-worth-email-embattled-former-official-Lois-Lerner-tea-party-targeting-scandal-heats-again.html

Lost emails? well a server crash without any backups. Be it, that the receiver also does not have the emails and that the NSA does not have a copy. Emails are usually stored on the sending/receiver end (in sent mail or otherwise) and so its likely that the majority of it is not lost.

tl;dr; they do not have IT professionals over there or scam

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Well, I have an associate's degree in IT and I can tell you this is total BS. They should have had backups and, even if they didn't, any competent IT professional should have been able to extract the data from the defunct hard drives involved.

I had 3 crashed harddrives in the last 10 years. (of about 100 harddisks in total)
And I always managed to save atleast 90% of the data. There were some bad sectors, yes ... but a harddisk that can't be rescued anymore is a harddisk that was deliberately destroyed.
Also, all the harddisks showed signs before they started crashing completely, so I was able to react.

Also: my 3 crashed harddisk were all like 5-10 years ago. In the last 5 years (from 2009 to 2014) not a single one of my harddisk has malfunctioned.
I believe the manufacturers have now created such stable harddisks, they don't compare to the harddisks 10 years ago. So it's very curious that a government agency has malfunctioning harddisk, lol ...  Grin

ALSO: Has the government never heard of multi harddisk RAID systems that keep on working even if some of the harddisks are crashing?

But hey, what do you expect from a extortion racket machine like the IRS.

Taxation is theft!

So they steal all the money from us, and can't even buy reliable computer equipment with it.
Fuck you, you bureaucratic mafia.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1568
Better version
Dang! The IRS says Lois Lerner’s emails done got wiped out in one of them there computer crashes

Aw, shoot! The IRS was trying so hard to come up with documents requested by the House Ways and Means Committee, as part of its investigation into the abuse of power against conservative groups during the 2012 election. But wouldn’t you know it? One of those newfangled computer thingamabobs had itself a crash, and all of Tax Exempt Organizations Division director Lois Lerner’s emails done got erased!

Everything she sent to outside email addresses between January 2009 and April 2011 is lost into the ether. Everything she sent to the White House, the Justice Department, her old chums at the Federal Elections Commission, high-ranking Democrat politicians – gone! All they’ve got left is email correspondence between Lerner and other IRS employees.

Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI), who asked for all these emails a year ago, is fit to be tied...
more...http://www.humanevents.com/2014/06/13/dang-the-irs-says-lois-lerners-emails-done-got-wiped-out-in-one-of-them-there-computer-crashes/
Where's the NSA at? Here's their chance to end some corruption.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
It's easy.  Your boss says "Didn't those emails die with some hard drive"?

You say "Yes sir they did".

Done.

It that Lerner situation... Who's her boss again?

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
It's easy.  Your boss says "Didn't those emails die with some hard drive"?

You say "Yes sir they did".

Done.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Anyone here in bitcointalk an IT professional? How can this still be possible in 2014?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657545/IRS-claims-LOST-two-years-worth-email-embattled-former-official-Lois-Lerner-tea-party-targeting-scandal-heats-again.html

Pages:
Jump to: