Pages:
Author

Topic: Is anyone following the Israel & Palestine Situation. - page 9. (Read 42652 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
USA  Huh and we know why ................

Lets say there are 2 factions. Faction A is the US Israel lobby. Faction B is the US political class.

Faction A, on account of its massive financial and economic power within the US, then dictates that any individual having aspirations to enter Faction B must toe the Israeli line.

This leads to a situation whereby perhaps no more than a dozen out of more than 400 Representatives are pro-Palestinian

To what extent can the US really be classed as a democracy ?

It isn't/can't be.

Its a joke that isn't funny anymore.

Whats really disgraceful is the abstentians in the above vote - the US's bitches. Of which my country is one, the UK.

The USA is not nor has it ever been a Democracy.

Period.

Learn your fucking history and get back to us please.

In the meantime STFU because you have no idea what you are writing about.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Dont see a problem with arresting members of an internationally recognised terror group.
Except that most of the people that were arrested were innocent, and the other part that were released, were leased following a deal that WAS NOT HONOROD by Israel but again you are derailing from the fact the point you claimed that Hamas started the hostilities, where did that go?

Self defence=retaliating against the rocket fire on Israel coming out of Gaza.

Source for that 1 children per hour?
Anyway children die in war.
I dont know what kind of a genocider gives warning to civilians before bombing terror sites,gives free electricity,medicine and other supplies for the victim. Also the growing Palestinian population shows this is not a genocide. If Israel wanted to genocide the Palestinians,they would have already done it long ago.

Thats your own definition on self definition here is the definition of self defense according to prominent dictionaries, and in the law  :
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self-defense
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/self-defence
http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/self-defense
http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1909
http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/self-defense.html

Use of reasonable force (as compared with the attacker's force) in protection of one's person, family, property, or anyone else against attempted or threatened attack. Legal doctrine of self defense justifies a preemptive action taken in the reasonable belief of immediate danger, without making any retreat, and may (specially in case of provocation) condone killing of the perpetrator of a murderous attack.

Except that as proven above it was Israel that attacked first, so this whole argument is totally false as and by your logic here it's Hamas that is on self defense here (Hamas in my eyes is a terrorist group as they targeting indiscriminately Israeli civilians but Israel is even worse by this same definition)

As for Israel warning civilians please lol, the so called warning bombs killed over 30 Palestinians, there thousands of strikes that were made without warning, you seems to avoid the part when I site the example of the 8 years old children that were playing in the beach, or just today the UN Shelter that was blown to dust resulting in the death of 30-40 Palestinians and hundreds of injuries (this is a crime war btw according to UN rules)

This is a genocide, look up the recent genocides listed according to the UN, and you'll see that what's happening in Gaza is similar to those in terms of numbers and events
When you investigate a murder,you're gonna arrest some people,especially in a hostile territory where every citizen can be a murder suspect due to their extreme hate of Jews&Israel
The question "who started" will take you nowhere and can go back to 1948. i can say Hamas started by suicide attacking Israelis in 2002.
Israel can't make warning for every attack,the target can escape.
I didn't say Israel is always 100% right,but people,including innocents die during war.
That UN school might have hosted hamas rockets,who knows? they found Hamas rockets in UNRWA schools twice,therfore making it a valid target
http://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-placement-rockets-second-time-one-its-schools
Define "Genocide"
Activity: 444
Merit: 260
Last week Avaaz had 37.5 Million subscribers in a week it now stands at 38 Million,

look at the votes coming in overwhelmingly on the campaign Israel-Palestine: This is how it ends

1 425 244 Have signed

https://secure.avaaz.org/es/israel_palestine_this_is_how_it_ends_rb/?fpla

I urge all those who want to see something done to resolve the situation and force those who are funding this genocide to stop, please take the time to sign the campaign
Activity: 770
USA  Huh and we know why ................

Lets say there are 2 factions. Faction A is the US Israel lobby. Faction B is the US political class.

Faction A, on account of its massive financial and economic power within the US, then dictates that any individual having aspirations to enter Faction B must toe the Israeli line.

This leads to a situation whereby perhaps no more than a dozen out of more than 400 Representatives are pro-Palestinian

To what extent can the US really be classed as a democracy ?

It isn't/can't be.

Its a joke that isn't funny anymore.

Whats really disgraceful is the abstentians in the above vote - the US's bitches. Of which my country is one, the UK.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
Dont see a problem with arresting members of an internationally recognised terror group.
the problem is israel released them as part of the gilad shalit deal and promised to leave them alone if they kept out of trouble which they had actually been doing
isis has already claimed responsibility for the murders israel is still trying to blame on hamas
i'm from the uk and we don't break our agreements with ira/sinn fein and go shooting their members and demolishing homes because unconnected irish terrorist groups still try to bomb us from time to time
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
USA  Huh and we know why ................

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Except that most of the people that were arrested were innocent, and the other part that were released, were leased following a deal that WAS NOT HONOROD by Israel but again you are derailing from the fact the point you claimed that Hamas started the hostilities, where did that go?

I dont know what kind of a genocider gives warning to civilians before bombing terror sites,gives free electricity,medicine and other supplies for the victim. Also the growing Palestinian population shows this is not a genocide. If Israel wanted to genocide the Palestinians,they would have already done it long ago.

Thats your own definition on self definition here is the definition of self defense according to prominent dictionaries, and in the law  :
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/self-defense
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/self-defence
http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/self-defense
http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1909
http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/self-defense.html

Use of reasonable force (as compared with the attacker's force) in protection of one's person, family, property, or anyone else against attempted or threatened attack. Legal doctrine of self defense justifies a preemptive action taken in the reasonable belief of immediate danger, without making any retreat, and may (specially in case of provocation) condone killing of the perpetrator of a murderous attack.

Except that as proven above it was Israel that attacked first, so this whole argument is totally false as and by your logic here it's Hamas that is on self defense here (Hamas in my eyes is a terrorist group as they targeting indiscriminately Israeli civilians but Israel is even worse by this same definition)

As for Israel warning civilians please lol, the so called warning bombs killed over 30 Palestinians, there thousands of strikes that were made without warning, you seems to avoid the part when I site the example of the 8 years old children that were playing in the beach, or just today the UN Shelter that was blown to dust resulting in the death of 30-40 Palestinians and hundreds of injuries (this is a crime war btw according to UN rules)

This is a genocide, look up the recent genocides listed according to the UN, and you'll see that what's happening in Gaza is similar to those in terms of numbers and events
legendary

200,000 dead from a civil war justifies sanctions.
700 dead in self defense against rocket attacks is less sanctionable. Besides the Arab league and other Muslim and 3rd world countries sanction Israel and some European countries dont buy products from Israeli settlements.
there is no self defence
israel initiated this latest round of festivities when it re arrested 100s of hamas in the west bank and carried out extrajudicial killings in its search for the murderers of 3 settlers which as it turns out were done by isis and nothing to do with hamas

700 dead in self defense against rocket attacks is less sanctionable. Besides the Arab league and other Muslim and 3rd world countries sanction Israel and some European countries dont buy products from Israeli settlements.
there is no self defence
israel initiated this latest round of festivities when it re arrested 100s of hamas in the west bank and carried out extrajudicial killings in its search for the murderers of 3 settlers which as it turns out were done by isis and nothing to do with hamas

If its a civil war who do you sanction ? And why ?

700 dead in self defense against rocket attacks is less sanctionable.

Define "self defence".

How is it not genocide when 1 Palestinian child is killed per hour ?

For me, any kind of "moral capital"/sympathy vote that the Jews might have gained from their horrendous experience during the 2nd World War (and they were not the only ones) has well and truly been exhausted now.

This must end.

700 lifes soon to be 800 are trash and shouldn't be considered as human beings apparently and according to you as it seems that this mass murder doesn't requires condanations and sanctions, and your memory seems to be quite short, as if Israel doesn't kills hundreds of civilians every couple of months or so huh... and Please enough with self defense against rockets, we are talking about targeted civilians victims, and there are thousands of proof about this, remember the 4 8 years old kids that were playing on the beach and were blown to pieces in front of international media ? ah yes they were potential terrorist ....
Also you seem to mistake, boycotting product that are produced in stolen palestinians lands, and economical sanctions maybe you need to look up the difference here

So i guess Muslims are not afraid of supporting Hamas which is a terrorist organization that many Arabs and Palestinians dislike? id keep with the fact that Muslims hate it when Jews kill them but are fine/unwilling to take action when Muslims kill Muslims. AKA hypocrisy.

Israel never signed a peace treaty with Syria and Lebanon,the peace with Jordan and Egypt is hated by the people.

Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2005,yet Hamas keeps harassing Israel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_disengagement_from_Gaza

did you read what I said or pretending stupidity, I'll invite you to have a loon on the 2011 media if the arab as you claim were silent about it maybe you also need to check the countries that initiated the push for sanctions against Syria.

Also you are talking peace treaties, I remind you that till recently the south Lebanon was occupied by Israel what peace treaty would have been signed under those conditions, and the fact is still that neither Lebanon or Syria are attacking Israel, heck Israel did air strike in Syria a year or two ago and Syria didn't retaliate.

and as for Gaza ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? Gaza is under siege, closed by a wall, infantry, tanks, warships ect anything that tries to go out get blown to dust, Israel cut water, destroy sewage system, and cut electricity whever they like, not to mention that they do air strikes whenever they want and move in whenever they want fact, is Gaza is an open air prison!

So you say modern Israel is responsible for the actions of 1948 Israel?
anyway its not their land anymore,at least most of it.
I dont support the killing of innocents,but Hamas brought the invasion on himself and on his people when he kept firing rockets on Israel. Hamas doesn't care about the Palestinian people.
If whats happening in Gaza is a genocide i guess Israel is really bad at genociding.

The different UN resolutions and La Haye supreme court disagree with your non sense these two organizations where the Israel lobby via the US and other main nations is strong.
And please go ahead in explain to us how Hamas brought the invasion, I remind you since you seems to forget or ill informed, that Hamas started firing rockets after the arrestations of over 400 palestinians with IDF killing some Hamas members in the first airstrike on Gaza between the 12 and 19 of June!
Activity: 770

If its a civil war who do you sanction ? And why ?

700 dead in self defense against rocket attacks is less sanctionable.

Define "self defence".

How is it not genocide when 1 Palestinian child is killed per hour ?

For me, any kind of "moral capital"/sympathy vote that the Jews might have gained from their horrendous experience during the 2nd World War (and they were not the only ones) has well and truly been exhausted now.

This must end.
legendary
Nobody cares about 200,000 (compare that to 700 in Gaza) Dead in Syria,what makes you think they will care about Gaza? i guess people get pissed only when Jews kill Muslims and not when Muslims kill Muslims.
bullshit, there are sanctions against syria, nothing against israel

As for Hamas being funded by arab countries, this claim not only is totally wrong but also proves you don't gasp the situation really well, Hamas only support is coming from Iran the arabs countries in the region consider Hamas as a threat due to geopolitical reason (Iran again and in case of egypt it's the army take over regime )
does iran still help hamas? figured it would have pulled the plug when they backed the wrong side in the syrian civil war but i don't know
Nobody cares about 200,000 (compare that to 700 in Gaza) Dead in Syria,what makes you think they will care about Gaza? i guess people get pissed only when Jews kill Muslims and not when Muslims kill Muslims.
bullshit, there are sanctions against syria, nothing against israel

As for Hamas being funded by arab countries, this claim not only is totally wrong but also proves you don't gasp the situation really well, Hamas only support is coming from Iran the arabs countries in the region consider Hamas as a threat due to geopolitical reason (Iran again and in case of egypt it's the army take over regime )
does iran still help hamas? figured it would have pulled the plug when they backed the wrong side in the syrian civil war but i don't know

the world is watching... nobody can hide the truth anymore. neither isreal nor hamas.

thousands of smart phones on the ground and even people watching from the skies.

Oh yes, now the world know the truth!  But no one intervenes .....  Roll Eyes .

they don't have to..

when the people know the truth they will stop this madness.
the UN is already investigating alleged war crimes by Isreal.

unlike super powers China and the USA... Isreal cannot continue to make war without serious financial help from outside.
Hamas too cannot wage war without being funded from some of the Arab league nations

the financial help they are getting from the US, any UN resolution cannot be applied due to US veto, heck even the Crime war investigations the US voted NO (the only country to do so....) some has strong Lobby.

Well then where is the media/internet/Muslim world now? 1000+ killed in Syria in the last week.they are Gone. they come out of hiding only when issues involve Israel.

Maybe you missed the part that the arabs/muslims were part of that support and were financing the Syrian freedom army till shit happened, everyone is laying down right now being afraid of taking responsibility but again it's not the arabs or the muslims as you name them that have the power to implement and apply UN resolutions.

You also claiming Muslims having problem with Israel as if it is a religious conflict, yet ALL the surrounding countries are in peace with Israel, and this is just an attempt to divert attention, the reality is Israel colonizing Palestine according to UN resolutions and La Haye supreme court, Israel is Killing hundreds of Civilians Palestinians with 50% being children and women and making hundred of thousands of injured and disabled, stealing their land and resources and kicking Palestinians out of their territories (if you didn't know there are over 5 millions Palestinians refugee that don't have the right to go back to their land and properties ..... what's happening right now in Gaza is a genocide !

ISIS is huge danger right now and they just took over Iraq (the country where freedom was spread) and they are expanding rapidly, how aren't they a danger?

So i guess Muslims are not afraid of supporting Hamas which is a terrorist organization that many Arabs and Palestinians dislike? id keep with the fact that Muslims hate it when Jews kill them but are fine/unwilling to take action when Muslims kill Muslims. AKA hypocrisy.

Israel never signed a peace treaty with Syria and Lebanon,the peace with Jordan and Egypt is hated by the people.

Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2005,yet Hamas keeps harassing Israel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_disengagement_from_Gaza

if you didn't know there are over 5 millions Palestinians refugee that don't have the right to go back to their land and properties

So you say modern Israel is responsible for the actions of 1948 Israel?
anyway its not their land anymore,at least most of it.
I dont support the killing of innocents,but Hamas brought the invasion on himself and on his people when he kept firing rockets on Israel. Hamas doesn't care about the Palestinian people.
If whats happening in Gaza is a genocide i guess Israel is really bad at genociding.
the world is watching... nobody can hide the truth anymore. neither isreal nor hamas.

thousands of smart phones on the ground and even people watching from the skies.

they don't have to..

when the people know the truth they will stop this madness.
the UN is already investigating alleged war crimes by Isreal.

unlike super powers China and the USA... Isreal cannot continue to make war without serious financial help from outside.
Hamas too cannot wage war without being funded from some of the Arab league nations

the financial help they are getting from the US, any UN resolution cannot be applied due to US veto, heck even the Crime war investigations the US voted NO (the only country to do so....) some has strong Lobby.

Well then where is the media/internet/Muslim world now? 1000+ killed in Syria in the last week.they are Gone. they come out of hiding only when issues involve Israel.

Maybe you missed the part that the arabs/muslims were part of that support and were financing the Syrian freedom army till shit happened, everyone is laying down right now being afraid of taking responsibility but again it's not the arabs or the muslims as you name them that have the power to implement and apply UN resolutions.

You also claiming Muslims having problem with Israel as if it is a religious conflict, yet ALL the surrounding countries are in peace with Israel, and this is just an attempt to divert attention, the reality is Israel colonizing Palestine according to UN resolutions and La Haye supreme court, Israel is Killing hundreds of Civilians Palestinians with 50% being children and women and making hundred of thousands of injured and disabled, stealing their land and resources and kicking Palestinians out of their territories (if you didn't know there are over 5 millions Palestinians refugee that don't have the right to go back to their land and properties ..... what's happening right now in Gaza is a genocide !

ISIS is huge danger right now and they just took over Iraq (the country where freedom was spread) and they are expanding rapidly, how aren't they a danger?

I find this intellectually dishonest and doesn't put things into perspective, in 2011 when the conflict started in Syria, they were demonstrations everyday and everywhere in the arab world and in elsewhere supporting the Free Syrian people, there wasn't a day that passed without the media covering the destruction and the death casualties, and there was international support for the syrian cause. The reason why you don't hear much about syria is simply because the western media to free fighters in Syria has proven to be a mistake as extremism has ruled there, and that Bashar Al Assad is winning and that Russia/China support to Assad. afraid to recon the mistake of arming and training extremism (ie ISIS and co) most media went totally silence and talking about is more or less a taboo.

Oh yes, now the world know the truth!  But no one intervenes .....  Roll Eyes .

its a valid point... Isreal doesn't seem to care that a threat vastly more dangerous than Hamas is growing in Syria and Iraq.

if they did care they would do everything they can to prevent the radicalisation of palestinians not collectively punish them and drive them closer towards radicalisation.

if the Islamic Caliphate grows then Isreal will find it extremely difficult to protecting their settlements in the west bank and golan heights which would be completely exposed.

tactically the absolute worst thing you can do when you are faced with potential threats from all sides is to let crazy civilians go outside the walls and start carving up the land.

Isreal should learn some lessons from the Byzantines. They lasted for more than 1000 years because they had very high walls and they learnt to stay inside when there was chaos all around them.

ISIS is currently not a threat . Muslims always hated Israel, ISIS/Radicalism is nothing new.
Pages:
Jump to: