Pages:
Author

Topic: is butterfly labs mining with those ASICs at the moment? - page 8. (Read 37508 times)

RHA
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Read a post seven posts earlier.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Lol, it is saying 480Ghash/s right now

Inaba wtf do you have half a terahash of mining equipment?? GPU, FPGA?

Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Maybe Inaba's sig just updated after a fast block change?  I know I could go on Deepbit or any other pool and show that I have 2GH/sec or almost 6GH/sec depending on how fast they update their data to show a disproportinately solved series of blocks, thus making it look faster than you really are.  2xx > 4xx is quite a jump but it's possible.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Please stop spreading false information nedbert.  I believe *you* believe what you're writing, but it's demonstrably false to anyone that is capable of searching the forums beyond the one post you quote over and over from a year ago.  Additionally, I never said "we cannot use test-net at all - in any form - due to technical challenges." - that is you making false statements and attempting to attribute them to me.

BFL unilaterally decided to mine main-net while all prior community communications stated they would not.

False.

BFL did not openly disclose QC activities on main-net at the point they decided that's what they were going to do.  This goes for both FPGA and ASIC.

False.

BFL has attempted to defend their position of QC with main-net using false technical arguments and convenient omission of well known facts.  "We've been asked by dev's not to use test-net."  read:  we cannot use test-net at all - in any form - due to technical challenges.  False.

False.

BFL has attempted to discredit customers who voice their displeasure on these issues.  Terms used like 'bad customer' 'bfl hater' 'irate/irrational' 'if you don't like please go elsewhere with your business.'

Also false, but only because it's ludicrous to conflate "discredit" with "We will be happy to refund your money if you want a refund."

If you believe any of your above falsehoods to be true, please back them up with more than just a single post from a year ago by somebody else (not me).  

*EDIT*

I guess that morality flew right out the window (I knew your bitching about morality was all talk and no substance):  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1210649

Activity: 252
Inactive
Everyone concerned about BFL testing on main-net for their own profit should take a look at the last paragraph of this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1209517

To quote what he was referring to:
Josh also mentioned that they will do a day when they test the new ASIC rigs out on the real Bitcoin Network, and all the BTC mined for that one day they will give out to the developers. Pretty  cool if you ask me. So, yeah, I'm having trouble believing they are scam. I saw the equipment and they built it with care.

Four points.  TL;DR.  Credibility and community/customer respect.  

BFL unilaterally decided to mine main-net while all prior community communications stated they would not.

BFL did not openly disclose QC activities on main-net at the point they decided that's what they were going to do.  This goes for both FPGA and ASIC.

BFL has attempted to defend their position of QC with main-net using false technical arguments and convenient omission of well known facts.  "We've been asked by dev's not to use test-net."  read:  we cannot use test-net at all - in any form - due to technical challenges.  False.

BFL has attempted to discredit customers who voice their displeasure on these issues.  Terms used like 'bad customer' 'bfl hater' 'irate/irrational' 'if you don't like please go elsewhere with your business.'

The market has been captured by BFL.  Once significant competitive market pressure exists BFL will have to compete not only on technology, but on customer relationships.

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
They are just long testing, Wich requires them to do Real hashwork
Activity: 490
... it only gets better...
Btw I heard that BFL doesn't have a working, completed ASIC in their hands yet but they managed to go to some sort of conference and show one off then auction it off...DAFUQ?!  Hmmm...
I just talked to someone who went, and he confirmed that there were NO ASIC's at the conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viKPHKQJ9Q4
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Btw I heard that BFL doesn't have a working, completed ASIC in their hands yet but they managed to go to some sort of conference and show one off then auction it off...DAFUQ?!  Hmmm...
I just talked to someone who went, and he confirmed that there were NO ASIC's at the conference.
RHA
It is better to read more threads of the forum and cry less here.
For many months Inaba operates a pool of FPGA Singles in which he has 20% GLBSE shares (or less, I don't know). It was advertised here at the beginning of April.
From that time the pool has grown quite a bit because of people who had given their fresh new equipment to temporary hosting by Inaba (as he operates a data center) to save on shipment when upgrading. An offer of temporary hosting (because of popular request) was here at the beginning of July.
So now a group of minirigs and a bunch of singles belonging to different people works together at Inaba datacenter. Directing this group to different mining pools causes a performance hops. The sig shows only the hashing made at EMC. When all mine at EMC the sig shows 480 GH/s, when only a half - 240, when all mine elsewhere - 0 GH/s (you could see the last value in past weeks).
donator
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet
Just in case you were wondering.  Apologies for the mess.  It's iPhone 5 day. :-)

They could get their hands on enough mega rigs to do it but why would they steal like $500k-1mil US and then BTC is basically destroyed and they have no more customers? Tongue I'm concerned about someone else doing it.  I outlined how impossible it would be to get money for the BTC you steal (in another post) so it'd have to be someone just attempting to destroy BTC and that's that.  BFL is taking significant steps to ensure that it doesn't sell too much GH/s to 1 person though.
donator
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet
It also creates a viable 51% attack possibility. *womp womp womp*

I'm less concerned with this, frankly.  The 51% attack is limited in damage and will be bloody obvious if it comes from a single source.
Let me just tell everyone, if I invented a device that mines really fast, fuck y'all, I'm mining with it.  So anything short of that is quite a bit better lol.  I mean have like a room full at least.  What company doesn't use their own product?  Ford, McDonalds, Dyson, everyone!  Even investment bankers invest in their own funds.  If it works, use it.

+1

At MSFT, we used to call it "eating our own dog food," and had an internal alpha/beta site called "dogfood" for the purpose of distributing software from different teams.  We hired a new SVP of sales at my new company and he said he prefers "drinking your own champagne."

I agree, break even with the prototypes and first runs and then start selling well-tested units.  Yeah, it sucks for people while there is a hashing power singularity, but it also makes a hardware company more viable.

It also creates a viable 51% attack possibility. *womp womp womp*
Let me just tell everyone, if I invented a device that mines really fast, fuck y'all, I'm mining with it.  So anything short of that is quite a bit better lol.  I mean have like a room full at least.  What company doesn't use their own product?  Ford, McDonalds, Dyson, everyone!  Even investment bankers invest in their own funds.  If it works, use it.

+1
okay, besides "why?" what equipment can do that? Tongue

btw, screenshot or cuz it did happen! lol

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
WTF!  I go to the next page to post about your sig changing to 250-ish GH/s and then I go back to get the number accurately and it's in the 400's again.  You just turned off and back on like 200GH/s worth of equipment.  WTF? lol.  But besides variances, I think everyone who replied buried the lead here...you have 400GH/s worth of equipment mining?!?!  WTF IS IT?! lol.  See below for why I want to know WTF it is Tongue

Like I've said 100 times, it would be stupid for a company not to use their own products and if I worked there, I'd have a couple rigs going.  Nothing disruptive but come on people, hedge your bets a little with 2 sources of income (chip sales and mining).

But anyway, your current sig (which just dropped to 250 and back up to the 400s yet again while writing this) would be about 1,467 average GPUs so...it's not that, lol.
It would be 528 current generation singles, so it's not that
It would be 17.4 current generations rigs so it's maybe that but that's 21,825 watts so it's actually probably not that unless you're in an industrial zoned area Tongue
Or it's 11 bitforce singles or a downclocked bitforce mini-rig, neither of which exist yet allegedly.  Btw I heard that BFL doesn't have a working, completed ASIC in their hands yet but they managed to go to some sort of conference and show one off then auction it off...DAFUQ?!  Hmmm...
May I refer you to my post title, lol

P.S. crazyates, what exactly is going on with your sig? lol

Switching back and forth from EMC != turning on and off equipment.
WTF!  I go to the next page to post about your sig changing to 250-ish GH/s and then I go back to get the number accurately and it's in the 400's again.  You just turned off and back on like 200GH/s worth of equipment.  WTF? lol.  But besides variances, I think everyone who replied buried the lead here...you have 400GH/s worth of equipment mining?!?!  WTF IS IT?! lol.  See below for why I want to know WTF it is Tongue

Like I've said 100 times, it would be stupid for a company not to use their own products and if I worked there, I'd have a couple rigs going.  Nothing disruptive but come on people, hedge your bets a little with 2 sources of income (chip sales and mining).

But anyway, your current sig (which just dropped to 250 and back up to the 400s yet again while writing this) would be about 1,467 average GPUs so...it's not that, lol.
It would be 528 current generation singles, so it's not that
It would be 17.4 current generations rigs so it's maybe that but that's 21,825 watts so it's actually probably not that unless you're in an industrial zoned area Tongue
Or it's 11 bitforce singles or a downclocked bitforce mini-rig, neither of which exist yet allegedly.  Btw I heard that BFL doesn't have a working, completed ASIC in their hands yet but they managed to go to some sort of conference and show one off then auction it off...DAFUQ?!  Hmmm...
May I refer you to my post title, lol

P.S. crazyates, what exactly is going on with your sig? lol
legendary
Activity: 952
Everyone concerned about BFL testing on main-net for their own profit should take a look at the last paragraph of this post:

To quote what he was referring to:
Josh also mentioned that they will do a day when they test the new ASIC rigs out on the real Bitcoin Network, and all the BTC mined for that one day they will give out to the developers. Pretty  cool if you ask me. So, yeah, I'm having trouble believing they are scam. I saw the equipment and they built it with care.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
I just find it interesting that he passed gigavps without batting an eye. He is pretty much double giga now. I wonder how that happened so fast.........or is it a function of your coloco deals?
Pages:
Jump to: