Pages:
Author

Topic: is EVERY ico a scam?? - page 25. (Read 21438 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 04:08:05 PM
Although it may seem like more and more ICOs are coming out as cash-grabs with no real product, there are plenty of great ICOs and genuine teams and project that are working on developing something spectacular. At the end of the day, the onus falls on the investor to properly research every project/ICO that they wish to take part in before they go investing in it. With a little bit of research it isn't difficult to make a safe judgement about if the ICO/project is real or not- the success of the project being a different story.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
September 13, 2018, 03:59:23 PM
at the moment almost 80% of Ico is a scam. The market has completely sapped and investors are very cautious, and scammers continue to drown this market ... they manage to collect a couple of hundred thousand dollars and go unpunished.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 03:55:22 PM
I do not think it is right to make such generalizations. We know the recent icos failed, did not get enough money, or some problems were encountered. But we have seen many successful ico before Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
September 13, 2018, 03:20:34 PM
Almost all ICOs are looked like scams because a lot of them have so high indexes of profitability. But to be serious, the amount of scam is so frightening now.
Activity: 115
September 13, 2018, 02:13:56 PM
of course not, i already got so many profits from icos so i doubt that. it's true that mostly or some of them is scam or failed but not ALL of them
Activity: 140
September 13, 2018, 02:10:57 PM
No, not all the ICO's scams. But most are scam ICOs. But still there are  genuine projects existing.  If you know what points to consider when choosing where to invest then there's nothing to be afraid of.
Activity: 252
September 13, 2018, 12:34:17 PM
The issue is how the term rip-off can be used frequently, whenever the truth is not many tasks tend to be the ones that opt for your hard earned money, the majority of merely fall short since they're badly created or even simply because they merely experienced really driven objectives, therefore you should check out nicely the likelihood of achievement of the task prior to trading.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
September 13, 2018, 12:31:24 PM
Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...
I heard recently about an analysis saying that around 85% of all ICOs in 2018 were scams or didn't fulfill their promises to the full extent.
A bit lazy now to search the info about vector, just hope that this project met your expectations and you reached your goals.

Most of people make no difference between the scam projects and unsuccessful projects. Not all failed projects are some, some just did not rise enough money and could not make it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 311
September 13, 2018, 12:30:22 PM
Everybody keeps on saying scam scam scam for all of these ICO's. 90% of them are crap, yes. BUT there is the 10% of them, like vector, who are absolutely not scams. They are good projects that will really help the crypto community grow and its not fair to call an ICO a scam until you have actually researched it and you are sure it is a scam.

Just my two satoshis...
Not each ICO is scam. Even i have came accross several promising ICOs and they have really given me huge profits which I can't forget. There are most of the upcoming scam ICOs but we can actually identify them and good and potential projects do come into consideration much quickly so that they could really be worth investing.
I have stopped investing into ICO projects and i only turn for them whenever i see some good potential project turning around and waiting for investors.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
September 13, 2018, 12:27:42 PM
There is a huge ratio on scam icos. On my calculations there is a 60% scam ratio for now. (Which i applied to work for ICO )
So its really hard to find a good one. Also this calculation includes failed and refunded ones too.
Activity: 294
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
September 13, 2018, 12:26:14 PM

Just my two satoshis...
Sorry to upset you but seems that vector is another crap, and here is the announcement from their website:

"Unfortunately, the Vector ICO is a failure.
We are leagues away from raising the amount of capital that we need to make a new cryptocurrency exchange. If you have invested in the ICO please send an email to [email protected] with your wallet address you used for the ICO and we will fully refund your contribution."

Anyway, it was a nice try to promote the project you really believed in. Hope that you were refunded your contribution (if any).
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
September 13, 2018, 12:25:35 PM
Its true that there are lot of scam ICOs in the crypto world. Most of them finish ICO and abscond with all funds but despite the fact that there are lot of scam ICO, there are also good ones out there.
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
September 13, 2018, 12:24:13 PM
Not every ICO is a scam. Some have committed team who are doing everything possible to make their project successful. Its a matter of doing proper research to select good ones
copper member
Activity: 196
September 13, 2018, 12:23:28 PM
a small part of ico are no scam, but most of them do. there are still promising ico projects, but finding them is not easy. especially for me as a beginner it is not easy. but i learn every day here in the forum how to recognize them.
Activity: 16
September 13, 2018, 12:15:34 PM
Not always true, there are loads of great icos our there.
Activity: 83
September 13, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
yes, i agree with you, to avoid the scam ICO, we need to be critical of the information about the project, before we decide to invest in the ICO, we must investigate the project first, website, whitepaper and information about the team must be searched as clearly as possible
Activity: 200
September 13, 2018, 11:46:49 AM
Is every ico a scam? Not all ico is a scam but many people benefit from the ico amount of money investing here but we should also be careful not to scam us because we have to worry about our ico so we should keep an eye on what we do in ico.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
bvo.trybravo.com
September 13, 2018, 11:43:36 AM

Just my two satoshis...
I heard recently about an analysis saying that around 85% of all ICOs in 2018 were scams or didn't fulfill their promises to the full extent.
A bit lazy now to search the info about vector, just hope that this project met your expectations and you reached your goals.
Activity: 1036
September 13, 2018, 11:41:08 AM
About 5% - no. These are legally registered companies that take serious responsibility for the funds received at the ICO stage. As a rule, they already have a prototype of their own project, which certainly has a positive impact on the final cash collections of the campaign. But this, as you know, a rarity in this market.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
September 13, 2018, 11:34:12 AM
I believe not all Ico are scam there are still Ico's proven to be real and legit about their project. But true there are Ico's that scam the investors just to get money. We should being careful before investing in Ico's for the safety of our funds.
Pages:
Jump to: