Author

Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market? - page 122. (Read 84894 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 10
i think it's often better to during ICO. Price is usually cheaper
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
It's very difficult to talk as a whole, so you need to talk here after the fees have been collected, but based on statistics, I can only say that now people do not invest, and if they do, it's not very welcome, because many already lost a lot of their money on it, it all depends on the project.
Activity: 644
Everything depends on the specific project. As a variant, we can buy tokens during ICO but if we see that the price goes down, we sell tokens and re-buy them at a reduced price.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

If a project has great reviews, meaning, it has great potential for success, it would be better to buy during the ICO to get the discounts. And once the tokens hit the exchange, wait about a week or two before selling.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
I think that the potential of the project does not matter now, and it is better to buy it on the stock exchange, since the price falls several times from the ICO price, even if it is a very good project and already has its own product.
Activity: 313
This is where The Researching is highly important before making decisions on investing in an ICO Project. There can be very good ICOs where You should not buy from the ICO phase. Overpricing, lack of hype and too much bounty allocation can be main reasons even a good ICO can go below the ICO price at the markets.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
This decision depends on how well do you think that the Cryptocurrency you are planning on investing at will run on the long term or short term profits. Buying during ICO's means that you plan to hold it long or sell it when it is already listed on exchanges while buying on the Market means that you are using it as a way to spread your wealth into different crypto's that is done by multiple traders.
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
deciding which one will be better depends on the investor's strategy. If the project is nice a good coin ico time must be taken. otherwise it is the best to wait for the output of the market.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
That depends on the ICO campaign of the purchased tokens. Yes indeed many will sell tokens when it is released in the market. Because many bounty hunters sell tokens. And this will cause the price to fall
Activity: 434
Merit: 110
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

In January 2018 i would say, of course buy from ICO because some projects showed immediate x5 or x10 as they enter the market.
Nowadays situation looking completely otherwise, even good projects with not just an idea in whitepaper but already having a product enter the market with -x5 or -x10 from ICO price  Undecided So even if you missed pre-ico and ico, you can buy coins on exchange way cheaper than early investors did.
I doubt that bounty hunters can drop the price that much when coin comes out, small exchanges and trading volume is the problem in many cases.
Lately i bough some coins for 3 ETH and pumped the price on exchange, it's ridiculous when such small amount can easily move the price up or down.
To conclude, i would say that if you can still buy from ICO but only for 30-40% of your capital, the rest leave until coin enter exchanges, and more likely you can use the rest of your funds to buy cheaper.
Activity: 182

#Datarius

Recently, coins of almost all objects are sold below the price of ICO. Bounty hunters have nothing to do with this. Now a very weak market. Early investors take advantage of the bonuses they received on the presale.

I'm not prefer to buy during ICOs even the price are very cheap because we can't assure if it is a profitable investment and might be risking only our money.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100

#Datarius

Recently, coins of almost all objects are sold below the price of ICO. Bounty hunters have nothing to do with this. Now a very weak market. Early investors take advantage of the bonuses they received on the presale.
Activity: 924
Merit: 275

#Datarius

It is better to buy after the ICOs. Even the ICOs are giving bonuses in their pre sale and token sale, we can save more money if we will buy after the token get listed on exchanger because most of the investors are dumping the coin.
Activity: 210

#Datarius

I'm not confident in buying  coins during ICOs even the price are cheap we don't what happens next and how far they can go considering the invested coin is newly introduce in the market.
Activity: 179
Much depends on the project. If the project is very weak on all sides in development (do not fulfill the plan, make mistakes, etc.), but there is a good long-term potential, then the price after the ICO can most likely fall for a long time. then you can and buy. I personally do not invest in projects in the ICO stage.

yes, because during this stage  the prices are very cheap when we compare in the market, but need to choose the good ICO we invest because this might be risking our capital if our selected ICO is not playing well in the market.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
The trend of recent times is such that it is more profitable to buy on the exchange, and not on the ICO.  Very rarely it is the other way around.  Most likely this pattern should change, otherwise soon investors will simply not participate in the ICO.

If the investors don't participate in the ICO, then the ICO will never go to the market stage. That is why most pf projects are offering bonuses for investors during the ICO period.
Activity: 238
Much depends on the project. If the project is very weak on all sides in development (do not fulfill the plan, make mistakes, etc.), but there is a good long-term potential, then the price after the ICO can most likely fall for a long time. then you can and buy. I personally do not invest in projects in the ICO stage.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
I think it is necessary to differentiate the purchase of tokens and invest 50% during the ICO and 50% to buy on exchange. It is difficult to guess whether the price will fall or rise and in order not to regret better allocate investments into two equal parts.
Activity: 48

#Datarius

it is much more easier and profitable to buy from ico, if you cannot get tokens from bounties, i never buy from exchanges, i did last year but found it useless, now im only selling my tokens after ico
Activity: 224
We never know whether tomorrow the price will go up or not. But it is usually at the time in the market price is lower than when ICO. It would be better if we buy it on the market, then we hold for long-term investment assets, and wait for the price of coins to rise until we get a profit, then we can sell it. But, I also do not forbid you to buy at ICO, it is your right, please choose and do what you think is good for you.
Jump to: