Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market? - page 45. (Read 84894 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Buy during both.  Don't put all your money in during the ICO because it will be painful to not be able to buy more "if" the price drops lower than the ICO price.  If you're planning to invest $1000 into a project, put in about $500 during the ICO and save the rest to buy on an exchange.  
Activity: 1736
Merit: 306
yes, you are right and I stopped ico's investment because I have invested several times in ico but suffered a lot of losses and for that I decided to buy coins on the market because the price was very cheap
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

Its because many investors are afraid that they might be scam by ICO. Most ICO nowadays are scams , and as an investor also i prefered to invest my money in an ICO that have the big potential nor an ICO that can be successfull once it will launch , to be able to gain profits from it. And it is also good to buy in the markets just know the altcoins you want to buy to gain and earn more profits from it.
Activity: 224
Usually when investing in ICO, you get more coins.  And if this is a good company, then the price is much lower than later on the exchange.
Activity: 223
Merit: 10
Individual investor know how to make their decisions when it comes to investment, for me, I will prefer to buy on the market reason being that stage the true nature of the coin would have been revealed and I will be able to make a well informed decision. Although buying during ICO attract bonuses and other incentives but still, I prefer the market.
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
Now I prefer to buy on the market ,as there are few successful and worthy ICO .
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
I prefer to buy on the market as many bountyhunters are willing to sell their coins for a penny and much lower than the price on the pre-sale of coins. It is also possible to evaluate how much the project is interesting for investors

You are right, buying in the market is a lot better option right now. But when the market was strong for the very good projects investing in ICO was a lot better option.
Activity: 81
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

It depends on the potential of a project. If it has a successful ICO, has the good review by the community I think you can not buy their tokens with a cheaper price on exchange site. Bounty hunters are smart guys, they can realize this.
For now only very small ICO can do like investor expected.
Let's me give you some potential and HYPE project that they all SOLD OUT in minutes and the long long waiting lines outside can't take place in their token sale.
Let's see DADI they sold out in minutes many people sent ETH with pending transaction and didn't win in gas war competition and now what's Dadi price? It's much lower in ICO
Thekey also good and HYPE ico now also under ICO price but little.
Experty they request investors do manything like created a meetup, post in twitter, fb .etc to get chance to practice with their token sale. The Tier 1 got 40% bonus (the highest bonus). EXP rate about 1$ in their ICO and now only 0.3$ 70% off for people stand out side of the game.
So for now better don't jump in ICO unless you have good know about it projects and partnership... Waiting to buy in exchange should be nice!
Wow! I love the way you did justice to the bone of contention. I remember most of the ICOs you mentioned. I have made up my mind to always wait for any tokens I am interested in on the exchange. I am done with investing in ICOs for real. Kudos
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
I think there are advantages and disadvantages to each. If you buy a token during an ICO, you will usually get a lot of price discounts, but the risk is whether the project can exist or not, because if it fails, the price will fall when listing, while if it is successful and can exceed the ICO target when listing, of course, you will get lots of advantages. If you buy it when listing on the market, you have the opportunity to get it at a cheap or expensive price, depending on the success of the project. Understand the risks.
copper member
Activity: 63
Merit: 4
A Great Firm You Can Trust For Managing Campaigns
This is true. I would suggest buying in a market where the volume is very high. It is very risky in ICO because as what you have mentioned above, many hunters are selling there earned token/coin after they get it. It is the main and the most reason why a project fluctuates. Whereas if you will buy in an exchange, you can have the choice to hodl, just look at the daily volume. Aso if the coin/token you think is a prospect, then you can gain profits when it booms.
Activity: 224
Buying during ICO is always a bargain regardless of what market conditions are.  The early investors usually get better deal in the amount of token per dollar. ICO buying is definitely good, much better if you buy early!
Activity: 153
it is better to buy in the market. because buying in ICO will not give you any guarantee that this coin will appear on the market.
Activity: 69
It depends on your strategy i think. If you actually understand a good ICO through their developer, partnership and technology. It is better to buy during ICO because the price is cheaper and it would increase after listed on exchange. However, ICO is like infancy who know where destination it could get to. To reducing the risk, you should buy in the market.
Activity: 137
Depends on what project tokens you want to buy. Many investors buy tokens at a very low price and then sell them immediately after entering the exchange.
Activity: 434
https://eloncity.io/
I prefer to buy on the market as many bountyhunters are willing to sell their coins for a penny and much lower than the price on the pre-sale of coins. It is also possible to evaluate how much the project is interesting for investors

This is a good strategy, but only in a falling market. Indeed, now many good coins are entering the market at a price lower than at ICO. But as soon as the trend changes, all good projects will go higher than the price of ICO. If the project in the bull market goes below the price of ICO, then you have chosen a bad project. Roll Eyes
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 53
Well now when the market is bearish trend I think it is better to buy coins when they are listed
Activity: 154
X-Block.io
Right now is better to buy on morket or not to buy at all, market is so depressed  and almost all ICOs are below ico price, hope this will change in some weeks,but i personally skipppig all ICOs right now
Activity: 196

#Datarius

You better buy it during both time, when the ico, and when listed on the market. If you just buy in the ico, you may buy it with high price.
And if you buy it on the market, your ico may wont success collecting minimum cap. So, buy during both time.
Activity: 81
I that think the Ico is very legit with a strong potential to be successful in the market, then buying during ICO is good because you can buy these tokens at a very low price.
Pages:
Jump to: