Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market? - page 9. (Read 84894 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
In this market , if the coins come to the exchange, the coins fall very well in price, so I would recommend to buy tokens when they have already entered the exchange and be sure to look at the price
Activity: 638
Merit: 118
Buying from the exchanges is better than buying from the ICO. Because most of the ICO coins has decreased 30-80% after listing on exchanges. This year is a very bad year for the new coins. After bounty hunter getting payments, many hunters will sell at a cheap price, That price would be perfect to buy.
Activity: 124
The World’s First Blockchain Core
If we are asking for now yes it is better to buy a coin in  exchanges. do not invest altcoins in that bear market.
that is very risky. i still believe huge projects with huge team can do some profit in that bear market but that is really hard to find that.
and everybody wants to sell everything . because of that we are seeing huge dumps in market and  icos surely.
so you can buy good tokens with little bit waiting and buy from market not from ico.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
I think it will depend a lot on each ICO, there are ICOs that promote investment in the development stage and give offers or bonds that only do pre-launch, so try to always maximize your investment without having to spend more money, if they offer you good pre-exchange bonds, take advantage of them if the ICO is really good.
Activity: 308
If you follow many campaigns that you are interested in and will have the necessary information in time-then you can really buy the coin you are interested in on the exchanges from the bounty hunters and buy the order cheaper,but many campaigns at the time of their stages of the bounty offer very favorable conditions and you still will not stay in the red Another question is that some bounty hunters very much drop a coin in the price of selling it for a song, these are not patient people who affect the market, though not much but significantly in some period of time! I have noticed many times that many traders put a very low price for coins and I have no right to blame them for their business,but what can not be done in this case so it is greedy and in a hurry!
Activity: 406
There are some reasons against investing during the ICO:
- the ICO can be postponed and and it can take for months while the tokens enter the exchange
- some ICOs giving big discounts for early investors and they can dump their tokens with profit
- some bounty hunters can dump their tokens as well on exchanges
- In many situations it is cheaper to buy on decentralized exchanges than ICO price

Still if it is a good project with good team behind, these are short term dumps and not affecting the project long term.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
In my opinion it's better to buy in market than during ICO, starting listing market price is lower than ICO price and that is the right time to buy and hold.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
Last year during the ICO craze and especially during last December's bull run, it was incredibly profitable to buy an ICO during presale phase.
So many ICOs were hitting their hardcaps in just a matter of weeks then getting listed on high volume exchanges right after.
You could easily flip an investment for 4x to 5x profit in just a matter of a month or two.

This year, however, has shown to be totally different.
It is pretty safe to say that the entire ICO market is dead and done.
Investing during an ICO is even more risky and definitely not the cheapest way.

It is much better to wait until it is listed and the prices crash.
This way, you get a below ico price and also can see if the ICO can actually survive past it's initial hype or not.
Activity: 461
Merit: 100
It depends, during ICO the devs make some promotion and discount to the people who will first invest to their ICO and I guess it is good. But if you want to be sure to gain more profit by investing then you need to buy to the market and wait for it to increase.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
Yes, you are right, the best thing now is to buy tokens or coins not on ico, but afterwards on the market. Their price is often much lower than ico. But this is not always associated with the participants of the bounty. The fact is that a very small% of funds are allocated for bounty and it is not able to significantly affect the price. The whole problem is different. Many people forget about early investors, who often receive a discount of up to 50% on ico, there are also funds that invest on special conditions and with good bonuses. Exactly they are able to drop the price. But unfortunately no one talks about this, the participants are always blamed for the bounty, and those who were discussed above are simply covered up.
Activity: 672
A question that has recently become more and more relevant, I think that until new money that is needed so much now comes into the cryptocurrency, then in most cases it will be very profitable to take later, but for now I would still see what kind of project it is.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
It seems to me that buying coins and tokens on the exchange is less risky. At the moment, investing in ICO is very dangerous and can lead to large losses.
Activity: 364
Yes, the reason investors are afraid of losing money, because if we buy in the ICO they do not know whether the project will succeed, but if buying on the market investors can calculate profits.
Activity: 512
Merit: 33
The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution
better on the market, as you can have better confidence, if project is on market, less likely a scam then, as well, shows that some progress has been made in its acceptance.
Activity: 448
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

Yeah unfortunately this is true but some projects give some added value to early adopters than those that purchase in the market. However due to panic sell , it is cheaper to buy in the market
Activity: 476
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

One of my friends is a trader, before the ICO he always buys bitcoin and waits for the beginning. He find that after the start of the ICO, the price will not be the same in any case. And in the process of ICO, you can already decide what to do with the coin. His tactics are interesting to consider.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Definitely investments in the market are less risky than investments in ICO that is why most people invest in the market.
copper member
Activity: 253
Merit: 2
If a large percentage lets say 5% is allocated for bounty program then its better to buy when it will be listed in market as there will be definite dumping , but if the idea of project is good and the bounty supply is within 1% , then i think its good to buy from ico. But a bitter true is that bounty participants always not dump , most times it is the institutional investors who buy with huge bonus / discount from private sale.
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
I slant toward obtaining in the midst of ICO time is more affordable and there are similarly Bonuses in the midst of ICO that will give development token. Buying in the market don't bring reward anyway now and again is more affordable. Singular I lean toward in the midst of ICO. In any case, I assure I overview the endeavor astonishingly quite a while afore buying... Checking message get-together to optically discern individuals. Those are the things to consider afore acquiring any ICO token.
Activity: 224
I think if you trust the company and the company has a very promising project, it's better to invest in ICO to get more coins.
Pages:
Jump to: