Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it better to have many altcoins or it is enough to have few? - page 18. (Read 4949 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 507
I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

Holding multiple coins brings you the benefit of diversification but also increases the costs of transaction and control.
Activity: 196
Merit: 24
I think 2 or 3 is enough for me but the coins that are highest quality, i mean why have many coins when the others is shit coins. You earn in other coin but you lose to shitcoin that you bought so in the end you didn't earn.
Activity: 97
Merit: 1
If you want to aim for long term profits I would advice to concentrate your investments on a few promising coins, if you want to aim for short terms than go for daily trading.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
All you need to know the measure. If you know 10 cool projects, fully studied them, up and down and are confident in them by 99%, then they can be enough.
Activity: 434
Depending on the altcoin what is owned. When it's a little bit but it is a good altcoin all will certainly be a good thing. But if it's only worth a small altcoin or even contains coins then don't waste hope will be able to produce. Although basically can however certainly took a long time to grow.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?
It is better to have many different coins. You will have more chances that what the currency from 10 will make X10. I stick to the strategy that my portfolio has a lot of coins for a little bit. That is, I sell 70% of each coin, and 30% of each coin I leave in my portfolio in the hope that it will make x!
Activity: 770
Merit: 14
www.thegeomadao.com
It depends upon whether the coins you have held is good or not. If the coins you have held is good and potential to grow, it is enough to hold even one coin that can make you riches. For an instance, bitcoin is a king coin and its prices is approximately $ 7500. It market cap makes up half of the total market value. What if you have only 10 bitcoins?
Activity: 161
Merit: 2
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
You can use few ones but you have eto be sure in their profitability and future as well, many altcoins give more ways in making decision in hard situation.
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
It seems to me that the result is in quality, not in quantity. Therefore, you can have only a few coins, but very promising. Although I am a supporter of investment diversification.

But the question is how do you determine what coins are going to be quality or not? There's just no way to tell most of the time and that's why you're likely to lose more money than you make investing in new coins I find. There are plenty of coins I've seen that have just looked like every other shitcoin that fails before it even gets going and is dead on arrival that have gone on to be very successful, even though they haven't really got much behind them and are heavily pre-mined. There are then also the coins that have had potential in my opinion that have just fizzled out or stalled in adoption. If people could tell the difference between them easily we'd all be rich already.
Activity: 328
It seems to me that the result is in quality, not in quantity. Therefore, you can have only a few coins, but very promising. Although I am a supporter of investment diversification.
copper member
Activity: 411
Merit: 1
Having more altcoin is not the case here but having valuable coins or coins with value. To avoid falling into trap of shitcoins at the end, its just better to have a few that you know and sure of the future prospects.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
If you are a person who wants to speculate, investing and having a lot of Altcoin is a good choice.
In calculation, Altcoin is very difficult to predict, all because Altcoin has an unstable price movement.
I admit that when we decide to invest and buy some Altcoins, we must accept all the risks that might occur in the future.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
Diversify - is one of th emost often given advicei ni nvestment area.
if you have one or to assets you have bigger risk of losing it all, also the gains could not be so great.

But if you have some 5 alts, there are good chance that one of them coul dbe the big winer.
But just dont chose them on gambling basis, do you research.
Activity: 518
Having many altcoin ensure that every segment of the market is cater for! Altcoin are bit more flexible and they can also create their own ecosystem where a currency is built and integrate on their platform.
Activity: 210
I allocate my investments for various promising projects. But in any case, I carefully study each project, so as not to be mistaken.
Activity: 336
Many altcoins are meaningless and completely unnecessary.  I think more than 100 altcoins are superfluous.  I would like to have no more than 100 coins. And to enter the stock exchange, projects must be really competitive and surpass what is on the market.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
I think that is possible to trade on a daily basis with just a few, but you could get into an impasse if they all drop in a certain amount of time.
Activity: 406
Personally, I focus on a small number of coins. For me it is safer, because there is not enough free time to carefully study different coins.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 626
I think its better to have different alt coin than to have only one because we can never tell if that coin which you have bought will be dump at some point. Also, if in case there comes a point when you urgently need the money you have other option of which among will you sell based on the mark up that it already has.

Before purchasing a coin, we are suppose to research and understand their use in society and check if that use will actually profit the society at the future time, this is the reason that some coins starts rising after a long time of purchase. Coins like litecoin and etheruem rose from nowhere last year. Hence, is it not better to have such coins in your wallet than having bounch of shitcoins that won't worth $5 when sold?
Activity: 476
When you have a lot of altcoins it is too difficult to monitor each of them. Also when all of your deposit is in altcoins you can lose a lot in Bitcoin value and in Cash at the same time (if you are trading in pair ALT/BTC)
Pages:
Jump to: