Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it better to have many altcoins or it is enough to have few? - page 20. (Read 4949 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 220
I do personally do not like to invset more coins because it will confused me on my time getting to get into that coin and then go back to this coin it will consume that much time which is not idea. ANyway having few coins does not mean that you will have low possible to get profit. It will all depend to that token market price movement.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Not all of them have a future and prospects, but this does not mean that they do not need to be kept. A large number of altcoins gives a great chance to earn. Precise forecast altcoins make up heavily. But if the current dynamics continue, they will continue to increase their share and attract more and more investors.
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
Many altcoins give many chances for earning and this fact its too significant here, so I like having a lot of alternative cryptocurerncies which will encourage me.
Activity: 840
Merit: 509
You should bear in mind that the more coins you have, the more chances of you making bad investments.

But on the flipside of that you can just as easily say that if you only have a few coins you run the risk of investing in a bad one also. If you put most of your money in one coin or all your eggs in one basket as they say and it's the wrong coin or "basket" then you're screwed. That's why its sometimes better to diversify your assets or at least put the majority of your money in a stronger investment but take a gamble on a few more risky ones and hope the gamble pays off.
Activity: 146
It is better to have some valuable counterfeit money than many worthless ones.

But a lot of counterfeit money is worthless, you just waste your time trying to sell it and realize it's worthless.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
I see only one advantage of a large number of coins. If  project on own ICO gives an opportunity to pay for the purchase of a token in fiat money, it attracts new money to the market.
I think its better if you have few Altcoin but all of them have potential, than have many Altcoin but most of them are not worth it or no longer around. Also its depends to you, if you have lot of money to buy then buy as more as you want but make sure they are all worth it. And if you dont have enough money then buy only few of it, but you should buy those crypto that possible to increase even more like Ethereum.
Activity: 812
Merit: 106
I see only one advantage of a large number of coins. If  project on own ICO gives an opportunity to pay for the purchase of a token in fiat money, it attracts new money to the market.
Activity: 835
Merit: 502
It depends on what altcoins do you have and how much do you have, to my mind if you have many different  alt coins  you have more chances  to  have profits, it is the same  as you want to win 1 mln dollars from lottery and you buy  a lot of tickets. If you have several  -  that is opposite situation.

I think the most optimistic  strategy it is deversification
Activity: 244
Merit: 10
I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?
If the coin have portential it's better to have atlist 10 to 15 coins in the portfolio it's like diversification in the investment. Atlist you will not regret if some coins which have potential and not in portfolio shows peak. But this coins you should hold for long-term as there is a huge chances of getting losses in short-term investments. Also don't forget to maintain mainstream crypto into the the portfolio like BTC and ETH.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
I believe your portfolio should contain no more than 10 altcoins. It is hard to follow price changes of each altcoin, that's why I don't like big portfolios.
Also if you keep your alts on MEW, there are additional fees to transfer each altcoin. Some of them can be stored on different exchanges and it is not convenient.
Activity: 159
It depends on the initial investment and the goals you want to achieve. If a person has a small budget, I don't think it's a good idea to have too many different crypto.
Similarly, if you want to increase your chances of making big profits quickly, it's better not to diversify too much.

On the other hand, putting everything on one project is dangerous too (if it crashes we lose everything)
As for many things, the risks are related to rewards (personally I try to find a balance, I only bet on 4/5 projects that I think promising)

Activity: 840
I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

It's always good to diversify your assets and never put all you eggs in one basket as they say, but holding lots of worthless shitcoins probably isn't going to get you much gains as holding a few strong/popular coins like bitcoin and ethereum and so on. With that being said, you could always get lucky and see some huge gains in one coin that nobody expected and this does happen from time to time. Ripple is a coin that doesn't seem to have had much going for it but those who invested early got very rich from it and the founders are even now billionaires. That's right, billionaires:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2018/01/02/meet-the-crypto-billionaires-getting-rich-from-ripples-xrp/#30ed5d303289

Everybody is always looking for that next big thing but it's potluck whether you actually find it and people usually don't, but that's the crypto world for you.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
I hold just 4-5 projects and this is better than have many altcoins, you cant follow if you hold 15-20 project and this is important you must look to roadmap and are they working good you must follow everytime according to me.
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
I think you can try having a lot of altcoins. You will likely benefit from it. You also don't need to worry about what will happen to one of the altcoins that you have. Because you still have a few altcoins again. But choose potential altcoins, and don't waste your money just on unclear altcoins. Having a lot of altcoins I think will have a positive impact on you. Especially if you invest long term in altcoins.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
Actually, its not in having many altcoins in your portfolio. You need to choose your altcoins carefully in my opinion. You need to diversify as well as this lowers your risk exposure and makes gives profits in the long run
Activity: 336
Merit: 2
For each investor, a lot and a little different concepts. That there is little? That much? you need to have optimally))) Be sure to keep in the portfolio already known coins with high capitalization. It is unlikely that they will disappear from the market
Activity: 336
Merit: 12

The choice of a strategy depends on your needs and knowledge. If you have little money, purchase some coins but don't spread yourself in the market. If you have more than some thousand dollars, think about a wider portfolio!
Activity: 352
It is difficult to manage a lot of coins. There are many special projects aimed at helping in this matter. I think that it is better to have no more than 3-5 coins.
Activity: 980
I would rather have a little altcoin as long as it's still kicking and at the peak of its existence among all altcoins. If you have a little altcoin then it will be good for you because you can earn a decent profit after the pump is small to large.
Activity: 420
I think che more altcoins than better for the market, it's diversification ! and I think it's best to have a choice altcoins , and the same product!
Pages:
Jump to: