Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 624. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
In XEM we trust
December 04, 2015, 12:24:14 PM
If you're going for bitcoin, that's an investment itself if you're just going to let it sit there.

It's best to do that with bitcoin if you only have a few

Waht do you mean with few bitcoin less than 10 bitcoins? Because I have that I just invest.

I can make mij 10 BTC to 15 bitcoin.
there are still risks when investing 10 BTC. I suggest holding it instead or using those 10 to trade around for profit Grin

holding all the bitcoins that you have is the best option. the value of these coins will only grow throughout the years. and you don't have to do anything beside having your coins in your pc wallet.
Having a cold wallet for this type of storage is way better in my opinion. If you want to be extra safe you could use trezor wallet.

OT: when you save fiat the inflation eats it up, so if you're mainly dealing with fiat your best option would be to try to invest it. Bitcoin is a high risk high return option currently, Gold should be far steadier. However most likely gold will not be valued as much as bitcoins because, you know. You can't really turn off the internet.
Activity: 481
December 04, 2015, 12:16:14 PM
Put your BTC in bitfinex and earn interest, bitfinex have most of their funds in cold wallet so it is pretty safe. (not 100% safe so don't come blame me if anything happen Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 04, 2015, 11:41:36 AM
If you're going for bitcoin, that's an investment itself if you're just going to let it sit there.

Waht do you mean with few bitcoin less than 10 bitcoins? Because I have that I just invest.

there are still risks when investing 10 BTC. I suggest holding it instead or using those 10 to trade around for profit Grin

holding all the bitcoins that you have is the best option. the value of these coins will only grow throughout the years. and you don't have to do anything beside having your coins in your pc wallet.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
December 04, 2015, 11:28:51 AM
I think investing all your money or even a major part of it online is a huge risk, you should know that and all the possible risks before making the decision, Investing offline in general depends on the amount of risk you are willing to accept and your targeted profit, the higher the possible profit the larger the risk as in stocks, investing in gold and real-estate specially offers a small profit but with less volatility.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
December 04, 2015, 11:17:16 AM

Activity: 644
December 04, 2015, 11:06:45 AM
Firstly i saved the money and now i am thinking to invest only if there is a profit unless saving is more secure.

I idea for you is You can save Bitcoins now because Bitcoin price is average price and I think today's price around 360$ So Save it some more bitcoin and go for investment once it reach for good price. Gold or real estate You can do that according to city and area's price value and gold value condition.
Activity: 476
December 04, 2015, 10:39:39 AM

Activity: 406
December 04, 2015, 06:39:36 AM

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
December 04, 2015, 12:19:29 AM
Investing your bitcoin is the best way to allow it to grow. Trading is also a great way, though requires a lot more profit though can bring a much higher ROI than investing into platforms or loans.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
December 03, 2015, 08:37:52 PM
It is better to save some and invest some.

Try and make sure that you learn as much as you coin. In terms of saving dont forget that inflation will eat away at any cash you have lying around so it is better you invest at least half the money on producing an actual return.
Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
December 03, 2015, 07:52:40 PM
depending on the state of the 'economy' you are trapped in sometimes it is best to 'spend' currency vs. save or invest it (in particular if there is high inflation/hyper inflation)

when you save currency in any economy unless you are being paid interest on your 'savings' by someone over time your savings tend to loose value since as economies expand so do prices.  if you live in the US look at how much a cadillac costs today vs. say 1975

still if you save / under normal circumstances your 'losses' will always be limited to the loss of spending power over time

if you invest you may keep pace or exceed the long term 'inflation' however since for each investment/trade ect.   there is a winner and loser you should not invest beyond your comfort zone of risk you are willing to take (assuming your information is accurate on risk / which in reality is seldom true)

in theory and in real life investing can liquade all your capital.
Activity: 159
December 03, 2015, 01:38:23 PM
For bitcoin, saving and investing is similar. Your bitcoin will increase in value long term if you just hold your coin. Investing may give you better return, but there is risk of not getting back your original coins.
Activity: 770
December 03, 2015, 11:47:02 AM
save it friend

Saving is 100% secure that these funds will not take anyone else,
But investing is better if we have time to research about the product or company that we want to invest in.
Investing is really high risky and not everyone get profits when investing.
if you know where to invest, study carefully about the business, decide to go long term or short term, it's worth risking a little bit Grin
Activity: 153
December 03, 2015, 09:59:27 AM
Except for the emergency fund that you need invest the others in some investment firm,
Dont invest all the money in same firm.
Have it split into different firms or medium, Have the emergency fund in a nationalised bank
Activity: 778
December 03, 2015, 09:28:06 AM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Do you mean BTC or normal money. If you mean normal money saving is no point if you don't have a goal to spend in to.
If it is bitcoin saving and wait for 2016 is I think is better to do.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
December 03, 2015, 07:14:56 AM
It depends on how much risk you want to take. Bitcoin is easier to make alot out of, though it is quite volatile. Gold is purely the opposite; low risk, low reward.
Activity: 714
December 03, 2015, 06:57:33 AM
Why would you save money in the first place, isn't it to invest it later? You should always have some money saved in case of a real life emergency, other than that there is not much point in saving money. You might think saving money until you have enough to buy a car, for example, would be a good idea but it's not. Cars, houses, those are not investments, you don't profit from them, you are saving 10k basically just to spend them for a car that would require to spend more money.

Saving money for just life emergency is the number one for me to save some money. That s true if you want to save money also cost money to do that. Saving money is just good to do if you have goal for something.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
December 03, 2015, 04:23:33 AM
Why would you save money in the first place, isn't it to invest it later? You should always have some money saved in case of a real life emergency, other than that there is not much point in saving money. You might think saving money until you have enough to buy a car, for example, would be a good idea but it's not. Cars, houses, those are not investments, you don't profit from them, you are saving 10k basically just to spend them for a car that would require to spend more money.
Activity: 616
1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr
December 03, 2015, 04:05:31 AM
If we are talking about Bitcoin, for me is best to have both savings and investment fund. I am buying as much as i can afford at every paycheck and with around 1/3 i buy stuff i need, 1/3 hold and 1/3 i invest in day trading and altcoin trading. Not to i have much, but it is growing.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 03, 2015, 03:58:03 AM
invest all your money at bitcoin Smiley
this is future of money and the Biggest technology

Im sure Bitcoin can change he world Smiley

same feeling, i have everything in bitcoin, well i didn't had a job in the first place, so i started with bitcoin and i earned a good amount, now i'm holding like no tomorrow

best saving for me, my money keep increase(average increase, i could not give a damn about unsubstantial increase like 1200 etc...) without doing nothing
Jump to: