Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 678. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Look My eyes
well sure altcoins is short medium investment not for a long road to play with them...

Agreed it high risk on altcoin investment, some coin made just for dump and pump after it dead  Cheesy

Thats why you buy them first when they are cheap , o you lose the least amount if they fail.

Nobody will buy dogecoin now, because its too expensive,and its failing.

Better buy Dubstepcoin or Genius-coin, they are only 10 satoshi, and have a great future ahead of them probably.

yes i buy in cheap after hard dump Grin like archcoin at 6000sat or doge at 34sat , im not interesting to invest or buy at coin with passive dev or low comunity Smiley
NLG is 1 of my favorit coin, i can get 10% -20% per month buy cheap sell after get a litle profit Wink
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
well sure altcoins is short medium investment not for a long road to play with them...

Agreed it high risk on altcoin investment, some coin made just for dump and pump after it dead  Cheesy

Thats why you buy them first when they are cheap , o you lose the least amount if they fail.

Nobody will buy dogecoin now, because its too expensive,and its failing.

Better buy Dubstepcoin or Genius-coin, they are only 10 satoshi, and have a great future ahead of them probably.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Look My eyes

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
Holding them as a long term and expecting them to raise isnt a good thing to start with considering it is pretty much unpredictable and things could go south with it, however there is a huge chance that the value might increase overtime but it is still best not to keep stash of them in term of investment . Basically I am advising to take profit each time the value raise by either 1-2 satoshis ( this is quite a huge gain if you got some stash of doge) instead of keeping them as investment for the unforeseen future

This doesn't in the least mean that you shouldn't take advantage of the price swings whenever possible

Indeed, I am more to keep on going for a quickswing instead of holding stash of coins. However that the term "investment" is much into holding it for some specific amount of time and hoping that the value rise after the specific time, which ofcourse if we are talking about the future it is pretty much unclear.

Anything could happen and that is why I keep on urging people to go for a quickswing rather than holding a stash of coins that could be worthless by few years ahead or could be 10x fold the current value ( much more like gambling ) .
Thats would of course be a perspective that is different from each another because people that likes to hold some stash for investment basically will not care about a quickswing because they do "believe" that it could worth more by some years later on

well even bitcoin price is very trusted lol it can easy go down as up without notice

You said it yourself. This is another reason why altcoin as investment is risky things to do, basically if BTC could be worthless over night then what would you think will prevent altcoin from becoming dust overnight as well? I wont deny that there are some promising altcoin such as XMR and DASH but still altcoin is much better to be use as a quickswing rather than investment
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
well even bitcoin price is very trusted lol it can easy go down as up without notice
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Holding them as a long term and expecting them to raise isnt a good thing to start with considering it is pretty much unpredictable and things could go south with it, however there is a huge chance that the value might increase overtime but it is still best not to keep stash of them in term of investment . Basically I am advising to take profit each time the value raise by either 1-2 satoshis ( this is quite a huge gain if you got some stash of doge) instead of keeping them as investment for the unforeseen future

It is basically a psychological issue. If you believe in some asset (doges, bitcoins, gold or whatever), that is, you expect the price of it to rise significantly in the future (with respect to other assets), it doesn't make sense to exchange all your hoards of this asset for the asset which you have less faith in. In other words, in a pair of exchanged assets one asset will most likely be your base asset (in which you count your gains) while the other will be just a vehicle for speculation...

This doesn't in the least mean that you shouldn't take advantage of the price swings whenever possible
legendary
it is a game of patience, because they all rise at the end(or almost)

From my previous experience as an altcoin enthusiast , I would say that only 10 % rise after being HYPED when they are on the verge of dead. Altcoin's dev dont even care with their project, mainly because it is much more easier to create a new one and start all over (rinse and repeat for profit )

you just need to way and buy all those died coins

Once it is dead than it is dead.

I could list few more example that most altcoin is nothing but HYPE fueled coin anyway. It is a HYPE that drive the price higher. Without it, people will seek another coins with HYPE and try to get some short term profit from it.

tl;dr : altcoin for short term profit, YES. altcoin for investment, big NO

I would most certainly agree with you, but for one altcoin. As you may have already guessed, I mean doges. For most time, it was also a pump&dump coin, but look what is happening right now. Its supply rate exceeds that of Bitcoin (in both absolute and relative terms), but starting from this month (I can be mistaken a month or two), the annual relative supply of doges (which constitutes yearly inflation rate) will be ever decreasing (in 2015 there will be around 5.2 billion new coins, i.e. about 5% of monetary base) while remaining the same in absolute terms, i.e. in number of coins mined...

Should we thereby expect the rise of the base value of Dogecoin (that stripped off of pump&dump effects)?

Doge has been doing great despite that it has a crazy amount of supply and demands for the coins are huge as well which you can see at how many business that do accept them along with BTC and also how many gambling sites that accept them as well.

I would say that doge are pretty much unpredictable, which we can see from the previous year, the price has been increasing alot ( It was like less than 30 satoshi / doge in August-September 2014 ) then it rise up to over 100 satoshis and declined to merely 40-50 satoshi and now we have the price stabilizing on ~75 satoshi / doge.

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
I could list few more example that most altcoin is nothing but HYPE fueled coin anyway. It is a HYPE that drive the price higher. Without it, people will seek another coins with HYPE and try to get some short term profit from it.

I would most certainly agree with you, but for one altcoin. As you may have already guessed, I mean doges. For most time, it was also a pump&dump coin, but look what is happening right now. Its supply rate exceeds that of Bitcoin (in both absolute and relative terms), but starting from this month (I can be mistaken a month or two), the annual relative supply of doges (which constitutes yearly inflation rate) will be ever decreasing (in 2015 there will be around 5.2 billion new coins, i.e. about 5% of monetary base) while remaining the same in absolute terms, i.e. in number of coins mined...

Should we thereby expect the rise of the base value of Dogecoin (that stripped off of pump&dump effects)?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
it is a game of patience, because they all rise at the end(or almost), you just need to wait and buy all those died coins, you will not lose too much if the thing go wrong, but you will gain a tons if one will face a pump

also you need to point at almost died coin, because they have a low price and you can buy more of them, and usually their pump is very high, it easy to pump a dead coin instead of pumping a non-dead ones
legendary
How about trading it on altcoins? I`m sure there are many many good altcoin investment, now only a few cent cost, later it can be worth thousands of dollars!

altcoin is better. Most of them are now using mining altcoin and after a whale is pump that time you will sell it and you sure will get profit and you need

Seriously, altcoin is much like gambling. It is not an investment it is a gamble, a blindfold gamble. Stop getting such delusion that one day your stash of altcoins could be worth thousand of dollars. You forgot to taken into your risk management that those stash of coins could be worthless to dust the next day because of its volatility.

Most altcoin is nothing more than a Pump and Dump scheme, you are lucky to get yourself some short term profit but if you are considering an unknown ninja launch coin for investment then it is not an investment but it is a gamble

only those that are nerly dead and are worhtless hold the less risk

Why would you even look at something that is almost dead for an investment? It is not a risk anymore but it is more to giving away your money or rather it is a blindfold gambling I'd say

because with just a mere 10k-100k satoshi you can buy a tons and if they rise you earn a lot, otherwise you will lose basically nothing

You lose all of it the moment you step onto an almost dead altcoin. Most altcoin are nothing but hype fueled coin . Nothing but hype will ever drive the price higher and thats it.

Here let me state some example

In 2014 OPAL declared that they joined SUPERNET and this almost dead coin gain such burst of hype that driven the price onto 5k-7k satoshi range from a merely less than 300 satoshi / coin. The price now is 2k satoshi

In 2014, CANN with its slogan Yes We CANN , the first altcoin that sells cannabis attract alot of altcoin enthusiast with its cannabis sale. The price was below 300 satoshi when it was first launched and went up to the peak of 20k satoshi /coin. The price now is 1.7k satoshi

P.S : you can verify my claim with few altcoin enthusiast if you dont believe this ( I was one of them )

but it is a game of patience, because many of those will not raise for months...

It will raise with a proper HYPE, nothing more nothing less. Its not a game of patience but it is a game of manipulation with either HYPE or FUD
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
How about trading it on altcoins? I`m sure there are many many good altcoin investment, now only a few cent cost, later it can be worth thousands of dollars!

only those that are nerly dead and are worhtless hold the less risk, because with just a mere 10k-100k satoshi you can buy a tons and if they rise you earn a lot, otherwise you will lose basically nothing

but it is a game of patience, because many of those will not raise for months...
Activity: 462
Merit: 251

It will worth thousand of dollar if you know how to trade altcoin, because it is hard to do altcoin trading, you need a lot of time to focus on which one

altcoin is better. Most of them are now using mining altcoin and after a whale is pump that time you will sell it and you sure will get profit and you need

some luck when choosing thousands of altcoin to be mined
may not be lucky, we just have to make predictions from existing data in this forum, so we can estimate when the coin will experience price increases and price reductions. but luck was very influential
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

It will worth thousand of dollar if you know how to trade altcoin, because it is hard to do altcoin trading, you need a lot of time to focus on which one

some luck when choosing thousands of altcoin to be mined
well sure but altcoins is much more risk then be only on bitcoin but use both is the best way for sure
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
well sure everybody has the power in hands... all most choose which direction to go soo buying exchanging or other way will make bitcoin get more worth Grin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
Also, in a wider social context, the effect of your action can be viewed both ways.

If you save, you defer consumption of useful stuff to the benefit of others, because your nonexisting demand for stuff depresses the prices slightly. This also occurs when you save in bitcoin.

When you invest, you offer a better deal to others with your production, an offer that they otherwise would not have. By investing in bitcoin by buying and holding, you help create and spread a superior money system that in the future will benefit all trade. That is not a little thing. If successful, you get a proper reward in the appreciation.

It is you, only, who decide what to do with your rightfully aquired money; save, invest or just spend.

legendary
If i am buying  bitcoins, am i saving my money or investing it?

Both.
1) You are saving your money because (presumably) you aren't moving them from your wallet.
2) You are holding something that is expected to increase in purchasing value in the future (therefore it qualifies as investment).

Yep, it could also be regarded as an investment, the distinction is not completely clear, it depends on your point of view. The point of saving is that you don't take risk, and you preserve your value. This is what I think I do by holding coins.

If you think it is risky, and focus on expected value appreciation, it is a lot more like an investment for you.
legendary
If i am buying  bitcoins, am i saving my money or investing it?

You are saving in the best money available.
Jump to: