Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 680. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Hands down it is better to invest money safely for an increase than saving it.
Saved money will only remain as it is and if affected by inflation the purchasing power will reduce.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
-snip-

Good thinking of breaking through all of this discussion with this solid understanding for both option. So allow me to make a tl;dr version of your post because I doubt most people will be reading through your wall of text. Let me know if I am missing some vital point for it  Smiley

tl;dr version :

#1 Saving main point is time aspect where you are saving it for future usage.

#2 Investing is about putting in some capital. Depending on what you are using what your investment for, if you are using it get more then 
     it is called as capital but if you using it for yourself than it is more of a consumer good

#3 Key for investing is financialization which means that it is best not to go all in and diversify your portfolio into several things

#4 Difference between saving and investing is that saving is for future usage while investing is to generate more revenue for you

In short: OK

I will only clarify the number 3 and 4 , first the number 3. I think you should say you have enough money or capital so that you can support you different investment. and the number 4 is saving is for your future expenses or in case of emergencies and the investment is for your income every month.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
-snip-

Good thinking of breaking through all of this discussion with this solid understanding for both option. So allow me to make a tl;dr version of your post because I doubt most people will be reading through your wall of text. Let me know if I am missing some vital point for it  Smiley

tl;dr version :

#2 Investing is about putting in some capital. Depending on what you are using what your investment for, if you are using it get more then 
     it is called as capital but if you using it for yourself than it is more of a consumer good

#3 Key for investing is financialization which means that it is best not to go all in and diversify your portfolio into several things

#4 Difference between saving and investing is that saving is for future usage while investing is to generate more revenue for you

In short: OK
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
In my opinion it is very hard to understand invest or save money. All depends on situation. If you have enough money to invest and after live, you can do it. If you have not enough money after investing , in this case you would better to save. Also its depends on economic situation in the country. You must consider all the factors before you will take a decision.Really in my case I save my money because I have not enough money to invest. And https://www.jazmine.com/ helps to count them. It is really good online organizer. When I want to know situation about my money, it is not a problem with it.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
for me better im invest my money because that other way i earn bitcoin. sometimes when you invest bitcoin you got scam that's a risk

in fact it is better to invest in bitcoin, and not use bitcoin for investing, you can avoid plenty of troubles in this way,

usually when you invest with your money you're ass is more covered in comparison with bitcoin where security is only in the trust between the two part

maybe bitcoin bank could change that in the future, if they will able to cover your risky investments
Activity: 252
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

My choice is invest the money in any property or business, it will double your income source. However you have to be more like a calculator, If you instant money and need instant investment, then invest and buy properties, since it will be your concrete savings, if any worst happens, your properties are still lying their as immovable savings, so there is no loss for you.
Activity: 266
for me better im invest my money because that other way i earn bitcoin. sometimes when you invest bitcoin you got scam that's a risk
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
By investing we both save Money and increase it if we do it in a safe way.

You should probably read above of your post. Erdogan's post pointed out a good difference for both those option. Saving is much more to future usage while Investing is much more to keep on generating more revenue. Besides you should note that by investing , you bear a higher risk than saving.
Best solution that if you into investing and saving at both the same time then your option would be a safe deposits. Most safe deposits offer up to 7.5 % per annum which is quite high considering that it is quite safe and the interest rate is somewhat higher than the inflation rate
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
i think is better to save your money in real estate because the price of property would never down and still getting higher from time to time

What? I don't disagree buying property is a bad idea and to me it is real wealth, but the housing market isn't a sure thing at all and prices don't continually rise and can often lose money. Oftentimes currencies devalue quicker over time as well so a house you bought 50 years ago might be worth more in fiat terms but fiat in the future is worth less and has much less purchasing power so you could find yourself tens of thousands out of pocket in that respect. Don't forget you have maintenance fees to keep your property intact over the years and other such taxes too.
Activity: 294
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

By investing we both save Money and increase it if we do it in a safe way.
This is no Brainer actually.
Investing is better.
legendary
-snip-

tl;dr version :

i think is better to save your money in real estate because the price of property would never down and still getting higher from time to time and dont forget to looking for best area and predict that area will be grow for many years latter,and how about bitcoin,gold,and bank ? "dont put all of your eggs on one basket but spread it" that mean you should invest your money on bitcoin to ,and what about gold i recomended to buy it as real so you can avoid from abuse and ponzi system,so bank? i dont recomended it its like losing your money coz inflation Cheesy
Or diversify your investment and saving in different company or banks, this will help you to earn more and avoid losing all of your money,
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
i think is better to save your money in real estate because the price of property would never down and still getting higher from time to time and dont forget to looking for best area and predict that area will be grow for many years latter,and how about bitcoin,gold,and bank ? "dont put all of your eggs on one basket but spread it" that mean you should invest your money on bitcoin to ,and what about gold i recomended to buy it as real so you can avoid from abuse and ponzi system,so bank? i dont recomended it its like losing your money coz inflation Cheesy
legendary
Getting warm here, so now I want to describe the different roles that people have in capitalism.

Consumer. Everyone is a consumer. Consumption supports life. If you don't consume, you die.

Worker. One who sells his time.

Saver. Someone who does not consume all his resources, but save money for later. Some have big plans, some just want the security. Even a spendthrift likes to have a cash balance. People are very different in their saving habits.

Capitalist. Someone who has money, and want to set some of that to risk by investing. The capitalist has either saved on his own, or he has got his money as a gift. Like inheritance, from someone who has saved. There is no other source of money.

Entrepreneur. The guy with the idea and vision and knowledge. Tourists are pouring in here to see the statue of X, maybe they need umbrellas. Or a better idea.

A person can have more than one role, for example a capitalist-entrepreneur, he has the vision and his own money to invest. And he works. A capitalist can work in the business he owns or another.

If you take someone that is not a capitalist or entreprenur, which are most people, the lifecycle is something like this:

0 - 20 years: You consume the stuff that you are given by your parents.
20 - 60 years: You produce, you consume some, give some to your kids, and save some.
60 years - end of life: You consume your savings.

At all stages, the government comes in and fucks things up for you, but if you keep these basic truths in mind, you will make it.
legendary
Breaking in here just to clarify the difference between saving and investment.

When you save, you aquire something of value that you do not use now, but want to use later. That is the whole point of saving - the time aspect. If you can not use it later, it is not saving, it is just waste. You can save anything, like food, but under normal circumstances, you save money.

Investing is buying capital you use to create something of value to sell to others. You can just sell your work, but sometimes you can use your capacity to create more value. Capital is machinery, tools, raw materials, buildings and so on, things you don't need yourself, but smart as you are, you use that capital to create value for others. The "for others" aspect is not strictly necessary, but in our world, the division of labour is very effective, so it is normally better to do things for others. So investing is the same as using your money to buy capital, with the intent of making something useful for others.

Note that you first have to save, before you can invest. If you have no money, you can not invest. See caveat below.

The difference between what is consumer goods and capital is not totally well defined. It depends on the people involved, which is you. For instance, you can buy a flat, which is consumer good, but you might also like the prospect of renting it out sometimes, in which case it is capital. You can buy a frozen hamburger, which is a consumer good, but you can also think of it as raw material capital, where you add labour to convert it to a meal, which then becomes the consumer good. A car is a consumer good, but you can easily view it as a tool enabeling you to go to work, then it is a capital good. It serves the purpose of making you money.

Even money can be capital. If you think of yourself as a forex trader, the money you play with is capital, it serves to make you more money of your preferred type.

Finally, financialization makes it possible to invest without taking on the difficult task of running a firm. You can lend the money to someone who does, and get a part of the value creation in the form of interest. It also enables an entrepreneur to start moneyless, he can loan the money needed to buy capital. But someone has to save first.

The basic idea is that you save money for the purpose of buying stuff later, and you invest by buying capital goods with the intent of making something of value for others.

By investing or lending, you can get profit or interest, and therefore earn something from your savings. If you can take the risk. Due to the risk, you normally do not want to invest all your savings.

legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
better to invest in bitcoin, gold maybe more secure, but bitcoin has more potential to grow

saving money in the bank, will only mean losing them in the long-term with the current high inflation
bitcoin is great when playing a long game which is the case when you are trying to save or invest but if you want to play a shorter game gold is great way to go and land as well i bought a plot a 3 year ago and it already increased twice its cost

Where did you buy your land? I think the land price is so hard to increase in short time, and you said it increase twice in just 3 years. And for the gold, it has same thing with land. Both of them are long-term investment, so the price will be much higher atleast in 10 years.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
better to invest in bitcoin, gold maybe more secure, but bitcoin has more potential to grow

saving money in the bank, will only mean losing them in the long-term with the current high inflation
bitcoin is great when playing a long game which is the case when you are trying to save or invest but if you want to play a shorter game gold is great way to go and land as well i bought a plot a 3 year ago and it already increased twice its cost
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
well investments has a high risk the same way that banks can become dangerouns in the short time.

Investments and banking system is diffrent thing although both of them are sure got risk but the payout of investment is higher than saving your money in the bank

All of methods that you can grow your money has a risk, you must focus on what is the best way to earn in a short of time.

You can't focus on earning in short time if that is not ponzi. Ponzi is the one investment that can earn you good bucks in a short time but their risk is the highest one. Dont try to do it if you are not ready to lose your money

It is better not to get into ponzi for making good money in a short time. It could be the worst decision of your lifetime. It is better to make a safe investment even if the returns are not that high but it guarantees you some returns on your investment and that is the great thing.
Yes you should used your common sense and know the ponzi and scammed and not, most of this ponzi and scammed site are in signature campaign so avoid this things.

You can't use your common sense to judge that ponzi is not scammed, most of it is a scammer. Btw what do you mean by the bold part? Are you

telling people to avoid signature campaign?
well investments has a high risk the same way that banks can become dangerouns in the short time.

Investments and banking system is diffrent thing although both of them are sure got risk but the payout of investment is higher than saving your money in the bank

All of methods that you can grow your money has a risk, you must focus on what is the best way to earn in a short of time.

You can't focus on earning in short time if that is not ponzi. Ponzi is the one investment that can earn you good bucks in a short time but their risk is the highest one. Dont try to do it if you are not ready to lose your money

It is better not to get into ponzi for making good money in a short time. It could be the worst decision of your lifetime. It is better to make a safe investment even if the returns are not that high but it guarantees you some returns on your investment and that is the great thing.
Yes you should used your common sense and know the ponzi and scammed and not, most of this ponzi and scammed site are in signature campaign so avoid this things.
legendary
buy and sell it can be the most easy to earn a good interest 

You should probably use google and find the different between profit and interest. To be honest you seem to not understand that both of the terms are different

the thing is dedication soo in a month can get 40% or more if do wise investments and dont invest all at once..

Basically if we are talking about investment, it is more to holding it for a long term and what you are stating is nothing more than what we call as trading. Also that you should be aware that 40 % that you state are pretty much delusion even if you are proposing trading rather than both option of save or invest it

You can check on this, basically it is always less than 10 % average movement for the price every 30 days https://bitcoinwisdom.com/. The rally price from last few days shouldnt be an indicator or reasoning for you to state this option because thats kinda bogus to be honest
Jump to: