Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 53. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 03, 2018, 10:55:12 AM
yes it is safe to participate, just find and join but please be careful in investing when you participate to an ICO so they can't scam you, because it's too many scammer in every ICO's so be careful in every step's you will do and i hope you will find a nice and good ICO to participate
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
February 03, 2018, 10:42:39 AM
It is very save to participate in ICOs but the issue is that there is nothing on earth that is 100% save. The fact is that we just have to look out for some coins with bright future using some strategies because a lot of coins don't stay long in market and some do not even enter market at all. However, it will do us a lot of good if we invest in more than one coin. At least if one fails, we will still have rest of mind on others.
Activity: 168
February 03, 2018, 10:27:18 AM

Just make sure that ICO won't ask your private key or anything else.
You should be careful too before join the ICO,
There are so many ICOs that will become a huge project and very worth to join.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 03:40:47 PM
The way you're describing it, it's definitely not safe at all. It sounds like you just pick several ICO's and hope that they'll be worth as much as Bitcoin soon.

You're much more likely to end up with nothing than to earn a lot with those investments if you do not pick the correct ICO's.
How should you even pick them? Even ICO's that look like they've got a good business plan or idea behind it can still fail, it's overall very risky.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
February 02, 2018, 05:16:31 AM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
It is safe if you know what you are doing.  Doing your responsibility to research and checking the background of the team will minimize your risk. Being realistic will also keep on track on your investment. Don't invest on ICO that promise heaven and earth just for you to join the project.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 02, 2018, 04:42:11 AM
Do your own research or you will be putting money into a black hole.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 04:36:59 AM
Of course not, because there is no guarantee that your deposit will be consoled, because I believe that if investments were guaranteed, then probably every person could invest and make a profit.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 04:30:23 AM
I think some ICO's are safe to participate. Before you padticipate you read and research first there project and the team that who handle it. If you think that the team is you can trust then participate in the ICO's. You can gain more profit in ICO's.
Activity: 336
Merit: 15
February 02, 2018, 04:25:08 AM
It is not safe to participate in ICOs if you do not examine a project on all criteria - from whitepaper to the team.
Activity: 212
February 02, 2018, 04:24:52 AM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
If you want to invest in a certain ICO be sure to research first their project and the team behind it. Invest only the money which you can afford to lose because investing in ICO had a lot of risks involve. Lack of regulation and presence of fraud are some of the risk behind investment. That's why you should research before investing and be prepared for the worst. Don't set your expectation too high because you might lose that said investment.
Activity: 888
Merit: 571
Payer sa baguette en BTC, c'est possible
February 02, 2018, 04:10:59 AM
with new standard as KYC compliance participate in ICO is safer BUT and it's a big BUT. a lot of crap ico, scam are out and try to make quick profit by fooling other peaples.
so read what they proposes and go for ico backed by good management team (bancor, amazix) or with known escrow.
Activity: 294
February 02, 2018, 04:08:37 AM

I think you should involve knowledge and experience, so you believe in the ico you invest. this is a matter of speculation that someone is doing to make a profit. the most important factors always involve experience, knowledge and the last, luck.

Best thing to do before jumping in any ICO is to check the background of the people behind it. Read the whitepaper and make sure the project is legitimate. Make a research about the project,  their platforms. There are lots of scams and fraud now adays better be safe than sorry.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
February 02, 2018, 03:21:25 AM

I think you should involve knowledge and experience, so you believe in the ico you invest. this is a matter of speculation that someone is doing to make a profit. the most important factors always involve experience, knowledge and the last, luck.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
February 02, 2018, 03:17:47 AM
Investment in ICO is always too risky. First of all, you might to research and check a lot of info about ICO project. And only after make a right decision. But there is always a risk, that project will be a scam.

Agree on this. Not all ICO are 100% safe. Most of them are scam or not legit. We cannot guarantee on all ICO. We need to research first every ICO we are entering. You need first to study the project, review it, review the team, the technology and the total supply of the coin.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
February 02, 2018, 03:13:55 AM
ICOs got the good, the bad and the ugly. If you can carry out a thorough research on any ICO you would want to invest in, you may be able to discover the good one that can reward you handsomely. But always remember, every investment goes with commensurate risk and ICO investment is one of the riskiest investment you can make due to possibility of a very high return. Choose right before you invest.
selective, scrutinize and analysis to every ico that appears is a good action. where we should be able to determine which ico will be used as a place we invest capital. so I think even if investing in ico pose a high risk but we have to keep trust if ico is safe and give profit if we invest.
Activity: 64
February 02, 2018, 03:12:56 AM
Initial coin offerings have become the most used routes in fundraising campaigns towards building new technology based enterprises
Activity: 476
Merit: 104
Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur
February 02, 2018, 03:10:44 AM
ICOs got the good, the bad and the ugly. If you can carry out a thorough research on any ICO you would want to invest in, you may be able to discover the good one that can reward you handsomely. But always remember, every investment goes with commensurate risk and ICO investment is one of the riskiest investment you can make due to possibility of a very high return. Choose right before you invest.
Activity: 49
February 02, 2018, 03:03:30 AM
I would say it is safe and it is also unsafe. It is safe if your research is well articulated and participate in a good project with great and future potentials and it is unsafe if otherwise.
Activity: 82
Merit: 13
Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...
February 02, 2018, 02:44:34 AM
After doing about six months of serious analysis of ICO's (nothing like running a podcast to focus the mind!) I have come to a few conclusions:

There is a very wide spectrum of legitimacy. In terms of legitimacy ...

ICO's can be categorized broadly as

a) Complete and utter scams (like Prodeum and the infamous Penis website),

b) ICO's of Convenience (that is, an ICO for the sake of an ICO where you can substitute the word "database" for half the references to "blockchain" and arrive at the same conclusion) ,

c) Earnest but questionable business use cases (take maybe Golem for instance -- a high-hopes project that seems, to put it charitably, stalled ...) that just didn't quite work out and

d) Sincere, well-though out use cases with impressive technology that have had a great deal of success.

The spectrum, in my opinion, is the classic bell curve, with tails at either end.  So , not a great deal of complete and total scams, very few successful ICO's, and the vast majority falling in between. 

I am very much looking forward to seeing what happens with these ICO's that are being run (rather recently) by already-successful companies in their own vertical markets. I don't want to believe that EVERY one of them are writing these whitepapers and holding these sales as a way to quickly raise money - I want to believe that SOME of them are actually going to improve their service through the use of blockchain technology, although I have often been accused of being overly optimistic.

Activity: 43
February 02, 2018, 02:23:30 AM
No, and the two main reasons are:

1. the lack of transparency in the way the token is distributed (you don't know if developers themselves are buying the tokens, to control the supply, and hence the price);
2. the lack of guarantee that the product will be delivered (and remember that by giving the money before any product or prototype is delivered, you are decreasing the incentives for the developers to work hard and continuously on the product).
Pages:
Jump to: