Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 58. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
January 19, 2018, 01:43:04 PM
There are lot of scam but in reality most of ICO distribute the token at the end, you should participate only if you are sure that the price will be much higher than the ICO price otherwise stay away of the project because their keep your money for 1 month at least and you have no guaranty that you receive your token or you will make profit, many great project like BAT(Basic Attention Token) have made good marketing but after listing the price has dropped...
Activity: 378
UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
January 19, 2018, 11:14:32 AM
Before you invest in any ICO, do your own research, read their whitepaper and decide whether you like to invest or not.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
January 19, 2018, 11:06:06 AM
First do your research on the ICO, the team behind it and the core idea of the project. There are some scam ICOs but they will die out with the time.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
January 19, 2018, 11:02:33 AM
ICO - an excellent opportunity to buy tokens below the market price, for example, there were a lot of coins that, after entering the stock exchange, skyrocketed. Now there are fewer such projects, but there is always hope. I advise you to look at the project KYC.legal I think that this is the case when a coin can go to her
Activity: 278
Merit: 11
January 19, 2018, 10:39:43 AM
I think it is safe if you are smart and research.

I find too many people just read the marketing and think that they are going to make loads of money because they state it. Look into why their coin will be good, where they will go, who is behind it and just take your time.
Activity: 625
io.ezystayz.com
January 19, 2018, 09:41:21 AM
the question is whether the ICO is really good, if the ICO is good, you can make some money from that, but it is a scam, investing in that ICO is the way you lose all your money and is that safe???
Activity: 48
Merit: 2
January 19, 2018, 09:21:01 AM
ICO participation is risky! to avoid this you have to be very resourceful on gathering information regarding the ICO that you are participating with.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 09:17:54 AM
Well as of now there has been lots of successful initial coin offerings as well as failed ones as well.
 So to answer your question it will be fully depends on you Initial Coin Offerings has a High risk high reward ratio.
 It can give you lots of gains or lose as well. But you can lower the risk by doing your own research.
There are lots of investors especially the new ones that don't do their own fundamental analysis before investing.
And that's one of the reason why they are losing their investments in Initial Coin Offerings.
Remember they will make you see and hear any positive things in their coins or tokens so you should be aware of that as well.
So make sure you are checking the vital information for an ICO to be successful.
Activity: 784
January 19, 2018, 09:09:29 AM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

Of course it is still safe to participate in the ico. In fact majority of the community in this forum got their profit in the ICO project, either they are investors or participants in the bounty something like that.
Activity: 101
January 19, 2018, 09:07:36 AM
Every investment is a risk. Best you can do is your own research and place your bets in the product that you believe in the most.
Everything is risky if you want to earn a lot of money in one time. Just believe in yourself and invest in the one you choose.
Activity: 112
January 19, 2018, 08:48:21 AM
The best idea is you need to find the ICO that really work. Do not throw your money into many ICO's projects. Just think like a share of the company. There is much company in the stock market but there is just some company that really works well.
Activity: 392
January 19, 2018, 07:49:46 AM
Health - safe!  Grin In terms of Finance is the risk! Study thoroughly the projects team and look at the availability of the product is very important ! and I'd better go on Pre sale.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
January 19, 2018, 07:35:15 AM

of course, before investing it is necessary to check ICO, it will be convinced of its safety, reality!
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 06:10:29 AM
I think with any investment there is a risk involved whether that's an ICO or the stock market.

The most important thing is to research what you are investing into, you have more tools here than most investments. You can ask the team questions, get involved in their bounty campaign, read what they are going to do, why they are doing etc.

Just take your time, learn about what you are investing into and then if you feel comfortable and you have compared it to other successful ICOs go for it. The golden rule is only invest if you feel comfortable, don't just throw money into something without knowing anything about it.
Activity: 720
Merit: 500
January 19, 2018, 04:31:42 AM
You call it "Investment" Which clearly means that it will involve risk that you can also lose your money. Investment doesn't means that you will get profit from your money you can also lose.

However, I have seen a ICO who offers Refund if the target is not achieved I guess it is a safe investment then because if the target is not achieved you will get your money back. (one is in my sig).
Mostly ICO's gives profit but we have to be a little careful before investing our money in ICO.
Activity: 773
January 19, 2018, 04:29:08 AM
Everything depends on you. Before participating in the ICO it is necessary to study the project in detail, and not to invest in the first one. And then I think there will be no problems.
Activity: 336
January 19, 2018, 04:24:38 AM
The intelligent decision for participating in an ICO is hard work, if you dig the well in a decent way and deep enough, the water will be sweeter more, discussions and research gave confidence for participation in ICO ,it may be fruitful.
GFE
Activity: 336
January 19, 2018, 02:58:14 AM
I think that ICO is not always good tool for investments. It is necessary to be careful investing in ICO - check developers team, road map and etc
Activity: 533
Merit: 251
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
January 19, 2018, 02:56:49 AM
It was like mines in past but now its quite safe to join icos if you research enough. There are still hit & run schemes but if you stay as intelligent investor you wont see anymore problems.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
January 19, 2018, 02:51:34 AM
Does ICOs all bad? Of course not. Knowledger prefers to apply some patience, best-practices and investment experience to avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater..

I think you have a working solution to help make an informed assessment of a given product in this domain. Although the fact that most of the important parameters are not measurable, It is up to you to look for all the details and information you can find and analyze them deeply before taking the risk.
Pages:
Jump to: