Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to participate in ICO's? - page 80. (Read 15577 times)

Activity: 356
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 07:01:20 PM
Yes maybe it safe but you can read first the ICO because many ICO i have meet already ICO  trouble but the others maybe they van success so I think read first before there go the ICO
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
December 19, 2017, 06:54:40 AM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
It should be hard to be the next bitcoin, but it should be easy to earn more than you can invest in bitcoins, and invest in some of the spectrum of ICO projects that will pay huge dividends.
Activity: 266
December 19, 2017, 06:25:26 AM
In the world of investment, there is nothing 100% safe.
There is always a risk. If you want safety - give your money to the bank for a deposit under a pathetic 5% per year.
ICO is a very good tool that can leave you without a penny or make it fantastically rich - both options can take place in a very short time.
The most important investment in ICO is the in-depth analysis of the project and its team, as well as the niches that they are going to occupy in the market.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
December 19, 2017, 06:09:36 AM
Honestly speaking, it's not even safe to participate in IPOs (stocks) which are regulated by the govt. How much more for unregulated ones? Nevertheless, there are many coins out there worthy of your investment. Just do some due diligence and you should find a handful of them.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
December 19, 2017, 06:08:12 AM
i have been participating ICO but i never meet any trouble about it ,ICO maybe successful or not I'm still glad that I've been part of it. and before i joined ICO i see to it that it is not a scam so the effort won't be useless..
Activity: 406
Merit: 20
December 19, 2017, 01:06:01 AM
Participating in any ICO always comes with a risk. There is no safe one,everythings come with a risk. We are actually gambling whenever we participate in an ICO. We are betting if that ICO will be a success or not ( with money, with our investment).

What we can only do is to improve our betting chance through various research. Background checking and project analyzing are the things we commonly do. And this is almost right all the time, there are just some cases where in scammers also got good project and good team so please be careful. Trust your instinct sometimes because not everything we see is real 😊
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
December 19, 2017, 12:12:12 AM
For participate on a ICO firstly you have to look on there team and there background and There road map. A project become success with his concept if the concept uniq and very useful then you can join the ICO but look on those matter.
Agreed with you
For participate on any ico at first we have to look on their team and their background amd also their Road map. Because Different ico has different background. Project must not successful all time. It's accident. You can participate any ico but you must know that about ico.
Activity: 233
December 18, 2017, 11:54:09 PM
You should do a quite detailed ICO to protect yourself from scams and frauds.
Team must have profiles that you can verify e.g. on linkedin and looks like they have the required experience to deliver on what they said
Then the idea itself must make sense to you
And then finally look at the amount they are trying to raise, too much is usually a red flag. Evaluating the hard cap is more of an art than science. For example if a project is building a blockchain but is asking for 200m, but company has no revenue yet and little staff, then it's probably way too much
E.g tezos ended up investing in gold because they raised too much money and now internally their company is fighting each other to get a piece of the funds raised.
Activity: 854
December 18, 2017, 11:28:24 PM
Depends on what ICO. You have to look at it carefully before jumping in. Even if it's legit then it can also turn out as a failure.
Activity: 273
BD People Are Legend
December 18, 2017, 11:09:39 PM
For participate on a ICO firstly you have to look on there team and there background and There road map. A project become success with his concept if the concept uniq and very useful then you can join the ICO but look on those matter.
Activity: 448
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
December 18, 2017, 11:01:08 PM
It's safe if you do your research and know what (and who) you're buying.

Yes, as long as you do investigation first regarding the ICO you planned to join, then it will be safe for you to join them. It's a best thing to know first the team if  they have already previous project that went to a success, that's a plus factor. Visit their website and read their white paper properly and understand it and consider their roadmap too.
Activity: 420
December 18, 2017, 10:42:12 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much? In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.

It is safe if you have come to participate into some successful and legit icos because there are some icos out there that are just a scam and some others are fail that is why the image of an icos now are not that good because those past incidents that a lot of people losing money because of investing in some icos that are just a fail. It is hard for them because they have earn it foe a long period of time then they just want to increase their money so that they invested it in some icos but the result  they just get scammed.
Activity: 68
December 18, 2017, 10:27:28 PM

We cannot really tell if an ICO is legit and successful. Although it is very tempting to participate in ICO especially when they forecast the how much is the value of their coins in the market after the ICO, but the truth is the market and community decide the value of the coins. So as long they cant implement their project fully, most coins will just be dumped just after it is listed in the market.
Finally, I found the person has same idea with me Grin.
Yes, we can not blame all the problems in the price of ICOs token by the status working of devs.
The controller of the price is the user - investor, if they want to have high price, they need to spend more money to buy.

Correct it depends to the users. The more money invested in bitcoin the higher the price it will get. The more people drawn in using bitcoin, the more it increases its market value.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
December 18, 2017, 06:52:47 PM

We cannot really tell if an ICO is legit and successful. Although it is very tempting to participate in ICO especially when they forecast the how much is the value of their coins in the market after the ICO, but the truth is the market and community decide the value of the coins. So as long they cant implement their project fully, most coins will just be dumped just after it is listed in the market.
Finally, I found the person has same idea with me Grin.
Yes, we can not blame all the problems in the price of ICOs token by the status working of devs.
The controller of the price is the user - investor, if they want to have high price, they need to spend more money to buy.
Activity: 31
December 18, 2017, 12:04:19 AM
The advantages of Bitcoin is its individuality it's not managed by any governmentd then any antcoin creator or monitory board that the bight factor I like which is the bigger most advantage of Bitcoin.Yet another thing is its price within 8 year of period the development of bitcoin is incredible it's also the additional advantage of Bitcoin. Bi
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
December 17, 2017, 09:57:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
December 17, 2017, 06:08:32 PM
What do you consider "safe"? If you participate in a bounty company, all that you can risk is your time spent doing the tasks. If you invest in a project - you lose money, if ICO - scam.

But notice that your time is also very valuable.
A person who participates in a bounty which is scam wastes the time and is also cause some other people to get scammed.
I meant it! Nobody forces us. We choose the project ourselves and no one gives us 100% guarantees for the successful conduct of the ICO and the payment of a fee that will have some value.
Investment always has risk. You can't blame anyone when you lose in ICO. It's your decision and you own your money, you have all permission to decide invest or not. Some people blame others lie them the ICO projects can help them become the rich in short time. In my opinion, they just lost money by their greed.
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
December 17, 2017, 06:07:40 PM
Right now there are many ICOs coming out, is it really safe to participate in any of it and spend that much?
All potential and current investors by now know that they need to do some research of their own before they invest money in an ICO and the worst part of it is these projects are unregulated and anybody can create an ico which shouldnt be the case.

In participating ICOs I have high hopes that these coins could be the next Bitcoin or other currencies that are really going up in the market.
Of course this possibility is there thats why we need to keep supporting those projects that have the potential to fill bitcoins shoes.
Activity: 139
December 17, 2017, 05:58:11 PM
Definitely not safe if you are considering putting huge sums of money into ICO's. What you got to do is research about the team and the project that they are building. The kind of contacts the team has got and the community around it. Most imp is the hardcap. But still after all this you may burn your money.

In terms of security, it's safe, there is no doubts for this. But in terms of other concerns about returns and profits, it's in the gray zone. Sometimes they stay in low prices and get dumped by the participants. That's a huge problem.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!
December 17, 2017, 05:55:08 PM
I took part only in a few ICO. I'm afraid. Since it is not clear whether they will give me tokens or not, and how much the price will be after ICO. Since I can buy for 1 dollar, and after the sale it's about 0.4 or even less.
Pages:
Jump to: