Pages:
Author

Topic: Is marriage a kind of punishment? - page 11. (Read 2023 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 1
ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE
September 18, 2018, 01:53:36 PM
Although, there are ups and downs in marriage, it does not mean marriage is a punishment. Currently, more and more people (men and women) all over the world are going into marriage. As a matter of fact there are thousands of marriage ceremonies taking place every weekend. Does it mean that people enjoy been punished? No! Marriage was designed to better the life of those going into it. Going by the adage “two heads are better than one” and if all things been equal while in marriage obviously the couple do better than when they were singles. As couple they will jointly plan their lives (career, family, etc) hence, they have a common goal.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 578
September 18, 2018, 01:26:26 PM
I guess you don't have to generalized it but focus only on the society you live in. No countries has the same traits at all especially on a man behaves to her wife and wife carries the way her family. I guess it's better to provide more data first then begun writing an article when you feel it like it was the time. Do some quantitative research first since you feel like it is growing. I advise you start on your society first.
Activity: 700
Merit: 14
September 18, 2018, 12:40:40 PM
the word "punish" is  a bit too far. I agree though that women nowadays are treated like slaves as it is happening here in the Philippines. For me, its unfair if we let our wives do all the household chores. Everyone who lives in that house should help each other and split the chores. Marriage for me is a gift, is a way of accepting a person wholeheartedly and love him/her until your last breath. If you love a person, you would not allow that person to do all the tasks while you sit and relax. If you love your wife/husband, you should spend time working together on chores and discuss the chores thoroughly so everything will be organize.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
September 18, 2018, 12:36:56 PM
Man, i'm shocked to see many of my fellow dudes getting divorced! And i couldn't have said that there is something wrong in the relationships they were having (husband and wife that is). The more you live...
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
September 18, 2018, 12:07:44 PM
they say marriage is a life sentence but i dont think it comes with hard labour...treating your wife badly all in the name of the man bringing money home is not acceptable. Marriage is a partnership not a prison where there has to be master and slave. All am saying is marriage is not a punishment but it becomes a prison when the couples do not understand the term partnership.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
September 18, 2018, 08:46:01 AM
I am working on an article on relationships and marriages. In my part of the world marriage feels like punishment on the female gender. In the days of old as I learnt, it was the responsibility of the man to provide and protect the family but in today’s society, men relax and have the women do almost everything. I observed this most in Nigeria or African. women grow old faster once married. I take instances from my neighbours, family and the society. The man on any day wakes up, take his bath, dress up, eat and off to work if he has one. The woman is the cook, launder, housekeeper, nanny, hand lady, errand girl, cleaner, and she must be working etc. just name it and she must not complain, she must not be tired. For real this is happening don’t think am just assuming. I see it live. Why is it so? I once asked a man in this case, why he maltreats his wife like a slave and he said no reasonable man is allowed to do house chores or assist in anything. The work of the man is to bring money that’s all. Can this be true?  Will you like your sisters, daughters, neighbours, friend  be treated badly in the name of marriage? Let’s talk. No abuses or insult please. I need soul lifting contribution.
Pages:
Jump to: