Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Master Degree Important? - page 2. (Read 4410 times)

Activity: 283
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 10:18:10 PM
It is not important to have a masters degree. If you are talented you will sail. 

there were many successful people who dont have a masters degree , the founder of microsoft , facebook , alibaba , and more it is not about what education background do you have it is the perserverance of you to achieve your goal.
copper member
Activity: 41
Merit: 7
March 18, 2018, 09:39:49 PM
Hm.  It depends upon whom you ask.

I'll say this: I have an undergrad from an Ivy league institution; and I have a friend from grade 11-12 who has an undergrad from a different Ivy league institution; though, his institution is rated less than mine.  He makes seven figures per year, every year and he has yet to turn 40.

I have made a good amount of money too; but less consistently if you review numbers on an annualized basis.

I've heard it said this way, that a good degree will open doors for you that would have remained shut otherwise.  Whether or not you walk through the door and impress those on the other side is entirely up to you.

It's worth noting that neither of us have a Masters Degree; but many of the people who have worked for us have them.   Wink

So, it is less about the possessing degree than what you do with the grey matter that earned your degree.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 09:06:03 PM
It is not important to have a masters degree. If you are talented you will sail. 
copper member
Activity: 57
March 17, 2018, 09:56:19 AM
Masters degree is needed for those who want to become engineers and doctors as their career depends on it.
Activity: 47
March 17, 2018, 09:31:11 AM
In the end it is not your degree that counts but your knowledge that is important.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
March 17, 2018, 05:31:09 AM
After graduating from any field you join an elite portion of the population. You can apply for job in your field and gain experience but after certain period of time ones need a higher degree to apply for a post or hold a post. This is how professional life work. In our graduation level most of time, we learn about all the things in that particular subject but not going to have a deep knowledge on any topic of that subject.
Activity: 44
March 16, 2018, 10:03:24 PM
Experience also has value, think yourself whom, would you prefer first? A bachelor or a Masters candidate for a vacancy?
Activity: 35
March 16, 2018, 05:23:28 PM
It is good if you have it but it is okay if you don’t have it especially in the creative field.
Activity: 56
Merit: 4
March 16, 2018, 08:22:32 AM
Sometimes Masters and PhD can lead to intimidation - for instance I have a Masters in Information Technology - but my boss only has a diploma (don't ask how he became a boss - such things are rife in this country). Also it can be a disadvantage in some cases (probably depends on where in the world you are) as you could be over-qualified for vacancies.

Having said that - in this day and age, a Masters degree is not important. I know of many people personally that do not have "higher" academic qualifications yet are very prosperous and happy. You would be surprised what plumbers and electricians earn these days for an hour of work. Too many people are wanting to become professionals: lawyers, doctors, engineers etc.. that is why plumbing (for example) is being considered a scarce skill and they are remunerated quite handsomely.

It all depends on your target in life and what your future aspirations are: if you envisage to see yourself as a practising engineer someday then a Masters degree is important. Otherwise (like in my case), its just a piece of paper to remind me of a wasted 2 years and few thousand $$$ (that I could have invested in BTC  Grin)
Activity: 128
March 16, 2018, 08:13:58 AM
I think it's important to have a master degree especially to people who have a good level in studies. Because Yes, it is still necessary for a company to have educated people, to have more knowledge that will help them better. but, yes, it is true that there are people who work even though tbey have not a master degrees, there are people who is resourceful and hardworking, diligently to their work .
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
March 16, 2018, 08:05:58 AM
If you have a chance and capacity to take it, why not. But not necessary in my opinion. With the advent of modern technology especially cryptocurrency, if you have a skill in programming you can be financially successful without even a degree. I know someone who did not finish college but is successful in the field he loves most.
Activity: 115
March 16, 2018, 07:58:53 AM
Do you think that master degree is important? I see that many companies nowadays ask for a master degree but still I know many people who had a job without it. Do you think it is essential?

Yes. It is very important. Considering the fact that the job market or employees in the status quo are constantly increasing and that educational attainment is a big factor in being hired or getting that promotion. We should strive not only to get a Masters Degree but also a Doctoral Degree that is relevant in our work of passion.
Activity: 224
March 16, 2018, 07:35:47 AM
Do you think that master degree is important? I see that many companies nowadays ask for a master degree but still I know many people who had a job without it. Do you think it is essential?

Yes It is really essential. Those who are well verse with their field and already have their masters degree are a reliable worker who can work with speciallty.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
March 16, 2018, 05:41:03 AM
A master's degree is very important. A master's degree can help you get a good job, with a high salary. But you must have experience
Activity: 126
March 16, 2018, 05:33:24 AM
masters degree is another achievement and chapter of a person. it is good in the sense of educational attainment. right now, having masters degree is a must because you cannot teach or master your profession if you dont have it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
March 16, 2018, 05:33:01 AM
Snip
I dont think so but the most important you have skills,and you have enough knowledge for the Job that they will offer to you.It doesnt mean you dont have master degree then you are not qualified for the Job offer.

Wrong. Higher positions in the company or even in the government offices requires a higher degree and illegibility exams. Now, if you are aiming for a high position in the government office or in a private company you'll be required to submit another portfolio of yours and if your education is a two year, then definitely you are not qualified since before they will make an interview they will ask first for papers so you will fail with that.

Skill would only be useful if you are on field if you didn't get a Masters degree.
Activity: 98
March 16, 2018, 04:25:02 AM
Thats important for apply some job.
Activity: 56
March 16, 2018, 03:44:10 AM
MASTER DEGREE IS NOT AT ALL IMPORTANT MARK HAS NOT DONE MASTER DEGREE HE IS THE CEO OF THE FACEBOOK NOR  BILL GATES HAD COMPLETED HIS MASTER DEGREE TO PURSUE HIS DREAM OF CREATING SOMETHING NEW AND INNOVATIVE. IF U FEEL TO DO THEN YOU CAN OTHERWISE THERE IS NO COMPULSION.
Activity: 3
March 16, 2018, 03:43:47 AM
Masters degree is not necessary for job requirements but it is important tool for additional achievements once in a life time of being students in the particular field of education.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
March 16, 2018, 03:02:57 AM
Most of the starting job doesn't require you a masters degree but is required for higher level so it would be better to first settle on a job and join a relating masters degree.
I dont think so but the most important you have skills,and you have enough knowledge for the Job that they will offer to you.It doesnt mean you dont have master degree then you are not qualified for the Job offer.
Pages:
Jump to: