Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Mind Reading Possible? - page 2. (Read 5939 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 102
February 10, 2018, 04:00:23 AM
Yes actually all the people can read minds, to some extent. We can deduct from the behavior and from answers to questions, what the person we speak with is thinking.

No one can read minds directly, but doing so indirectly is easy. There are many people who claim that they can read minds directly but they can't.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
February 09, 2018, 11:25:09 PM
As of now, not exactly mindreading, but physical reaction reading.... an example would be the lie detector or so they say, they can only record changes in the body such as the increase in pulse rate, bidy temp, sweating etc.... and such changes can be manifestations of anxiety
Activity: 46
Merit: 1
February 09, 2018, 11:23:49 PM
Not in any great resolution, but it's technology that is being developed.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
February 08, 2018, 08:30:10 AM
I have never met or seen anyone with the inborn ability to read through the minds, otherwise scientist wouldn't invent microscope or other medical equipment that is able to scan through the body like the X=ray, the service of such person will be in high demand. Some people with some evil power can attempt to tell someone about them based on information gathered.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 261
February 08, 2018, 08:17:04 AM
I have seen this video, where it claims that Mind Reading technology is possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGZemt2P9M

Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University recently made a scientific breakthrough using machine algorithms to accurately guess what people are thinking. In other words, as the university referred to it, they have “harness[ed] ‘mind reading’ technology to decode complex thoughts.”

“Predicting the Brain Activation Pattern Associated With the Propositional Content of a Sentence: Modeling Neural Representations of Events and States”

What is your opinion about these news? Is Mind Reading Possible? And how it will affect Bitcoin private keys? How will this affect the passwords that you hold in your brain?

I've seen a lot of this but you can't say it's fake or not , but to see is to believe , and if there is a man reading our mind I think that is God though , but on the other hand it still surprising me though this kind of video amaze me to be honest , really cool stuffs  , but yes I don't believe that it is possible.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
February 04, 2018, 02:24:30 PM
There are also things that defy logic,I think that there is,beyond people who know a lot more than ordinary people,but they are not to reveal yourself to the public,they are not stupid,and love is such,even in the Soviet Union read the article,the experimentation was conducted-people were reading the minds of others,and guessed what they think and so on,it's all there!
Activity: 396
Merit: 104
February 04, 2018, 01:43:49 PM
I have seen this video, where it claims that Mind Reading technology is possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGZemt2P9M

Researchers at Carnegie Mellon University recently made a scientific breakthrough using machine algorithms to accurately guess what people are thinking. In other words, as the university referred to it, they have “harness[ed] ‘mind reading’ technology to decode complex thoughts.”

“Predicting the Brain Activation Pattern Associated With the Propositional Content of a Sentence: Modeling Neural Representations of Events and States”

What is your opinion about these news? Is Mind Reading Possible? And how it will affect Bitcoin private keys? How will this affect the passwords that you hold in your brain?

Uhm for my opinion I would not say that I've never believe or amaze to some kinds of tricks but yep It would be possible to mind read but it takes years to learn this kind of technique.
Activity: 630
January 17, 2018, 09:07:27 AM
I do not believe that.If i have a possible evidence then i will trust that mind reading is possible.Since then my attitude is it is not possible to read a another mind.
Activity: 90
January 17, 2018, 07:56:41 AM
Reading is the journey of the mind, let us travel like a book, not let go of the grass and trees, a mountain of water, feel the warmth and passion of nature; Let us go to study like a journey, step down a word, experience the wonderful and wise in the book, dress up their rich life.
Activity: 64
January 17, 2018, 07:53:32 AM
I only know if somebody is lying when it is obvious and I cannot read the mind of a psychopath. I guess you need to go to psychology school and interview quite a few to get better at that. With what we call “instinct” we can detect half of the dangerous people we meet, but not all of them
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 17, 2018, 06:04:52 AM
You know, sometimes you get into such situations when you feel that someone reads your mind, but as for me you help this person to do this through your eyes and your mood. So, in other words words I want to say that you materialize your thiughts through your opponent
Activity: 42
January 17, 2018, 05:35:02 AM
Come on, what's the esoteric stuff you're talking about? Go visit Coursera or Teachmeplease - it will help you sort out the trash and the jewels of knowledge!

though I'll have to admit, that with some cyberpunk stuff it can be possible. And we're almost living in the cyberpink future Smiley
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
January 17, 2018, 04:28:56 AM
Yes its possible to some extent. No one can read minds directly, but doing so indirectly is easy i think. There are many people in world who claim that they can read minds indirectly. They have the ability to read the mind of other people.

It may requires a lot of practice. It requires you to read the other person’s non-verbal emotions. Deduct from the behavior and from answers to questions, what the person we speak with is thinking. The tone of the voice, quality of touch, facial expressions, handwriting style are the key clues to understanding someone’s feelings.

Yes and you missed a point there, because that is mentalism and not mind reading, but maybe just unconsiously happening.
So to answer your reply, mind reading is a completely different aspect and has completely different meaning.
Activity: 1366
Merit: 107
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 11, 2018, 09:43:23 AM
no one can read the mind of one person literaly and even machine cant do that to read thoughts of one person. its just a fool, nonsense matter. Only God can read the minds of people and no one else.
Merit: 102
January 11, 2018, 09:29:53 AM
Yes its possible to some extent. No one can read minds directly, but doing so indirectly is easy i think. There are many people in world who claim that they can read minds indirectly. They have the ability to read the mind of other people.

It may requires a lot of practice. It requires you to read the other person’s non-verbal emotions. Deduct from the behavior and from answers to questions, what the person we speak with is thinking. The tone of the voice, quality of touch, facial expressions, handwriting style are the key clues to understanding someone’s feelings.

Activity: 93
January 11, 2018, 09:08:06 AM
I think mind reading cannot be done without opening the brain and stuck some metal sticks connected to big machine but predicting some actions and words can be done buy reading the human buy staying with him for like a week or so. So you can learn how he moves how he thinks his habits but to ream mind just like that i dont think so
Activity: 41
January 11, 2018, 08:54:35 AM
It depends on what you think your mind is. In my opinion, if we're talking about people's intentions and "inner world", then it's not possible to read such stuff at all. You may read just a part of it if you're psychoanalyst.
January 11, 2018, 08:20:51 AM
yes its possible  but you dont "read" it you feel it, you feel what the other one is thinking

Yes usually it not about literally read one's mind, its about feeling and rationally thinking what would your subject be thinking if you we're on the guessing side. We can observe and understand the way other people express themselves by Their gestures.
Activity: 98
January 11, 2018, 08:10:47 AM
It is possible for me to say that ;A reader is a leader always because you have experience more everyday ,every time and everywhere.
Activity: 96
January 11, 2018, 05:16:14 AM
We currently have some cool tech which allows us to measure brain activity, in different ways. It's only logical that this will eventually get good enough and sensitive enough that we can accurately read every single thing occurring in a mind. Then the tricky part is turning that data into something legible or watchable. That will be the tricky part! totally doable. Just will need some crazy computing power.

I think this sums up my views. 

Basically in any area of science it can seem hard to imagine, until someone does, especially if its an area you havent studied.  There is probably top secret research in this area going on that the general public don't know about, if you want to slip that cool tin hat on.
Pages:
Jump to: