Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Mind Reading Possible? - page 3. (Read 5939 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 10, 2018, 11:20:50 PM
I've had a few moments where the person I'm with and I suddenly look at each other and know exactly what we're thinking.

That's rare.

So while I think it's possible to say in a million years evolved to such a level, humans don't really have the capability, genetically.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 10:43:21 PM
I don't  think so.  I haven't  try it and I can't do it as well.  I already believe it when someone  do it and can read my mind.
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
January 10, 2018, 05:59:57 PM
Mind reading is impossible. What we can read are the non verbal cues such as facial expressions, subtle shifting of the eyes, etc. However, I believe some people are more sensitive to the emotions of others. They have the natural instinct for that. With these abilities combined, you can intelligently guess what the others are thinking.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
January 10, 2018, 05:43:15 PM
I believe that this is impossible. Science has not progressed so much to read people's thoughts. Although this is not for long, in the near future this breakthrough will happen
Activity: 198
January 10, 2018, 05:10:38 PM
No i dont believe in mind reading. It could either be the person is reading my moves or actions or he may have an idea about me and my fast or my life.
Activity: 152
January 10, 2018, 04:46:15 PM
When I'm not an alien. Well, it may be possible for some. But, it's naturally not possible.
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
January 10, 2018, 04:13:59 PM
I think no, but I think mentalism is a thing. It is reading someones body language, behaviour, and just using your brain to analyze certain things to make conclusions  Smiley
Activity: 70
January 10, 2018, 02:56:36 PM
We currently have some cool tech which allows us to measure brain activity, in different ways. It's only logical that this will eventually get good enough and sensitive enough that we can accurately read every single thing occurring in a mind. Then the tricky part is turning that data into something legible or watchable. That will be the tricky part! totally doable. Just will need some crazy computing power.
Activity: 331
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 01:46:13 PM
Humans will not be able to read the human mind. If you can then this world will be chaotic.
Activity: 111
Merit: 1
January 10, 2018, 01:07:34 PM

No , I don't think so and there won't be !!!
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
January 10, 2018, 11:48:57 AM
The human brain was studied only by 7%. Therefore, mind reading will be possible in the future.
Activity: 91
January 10, 2018, 11:41:02 AM
OMG,this is not gonna happing, it is just a trick, trustme.
Activity: 86
Merit: 36
January 10, 2018, 05:57:19 AM
It depends by what you mean about mind reading. At a very basic level we can 'read' other peoples' minds when we recognize that they are angry, happy, etc. But you probably mean more like literally reading somebody's thoughts or experience off, say, a brain scan - which is more difficult. Neuroscientific advances have allowed for locked-in patients (people who are totally paralyzed but maintain their mind) to communicative by brain-wave signals (EEG/fMRI), but that's only after long-term training and for very gross-level purposes, e.g. 'yes' or 'no' - not more complicated things like 'I am saying x but I am lying' - this kind of use doesn't yet exist and would be relatively easy to mess with by training yourself to associate random things with your thought patterns, which would totally throw off any kind of brain-compter-interface currently available.
Activity: 196
January 10, 2018, 02:14:12 AM
The fact that mind reading is far from the abilities of the person. It's much easier than some people think. The most important thing is to get a hearing otherwise. People living a long time near the waterfall ceases to hear his sounds. Thoughts fared nearly as well. Develop sensitivity in the social sphere. Listen to the desires of other people, more pay attention to the other person... Try to understand what a person experiences, feels, thinks... Why he chooses such words to Express their thoughts. And then it will start to manifest and you will just flow to perceive the thoughts of loved ones and buddies. It's not magic, and regular communication. To improve the skill probably need to spend years and maybe life. But the first results appear very quickly. Just flexibility is not enough at first. You know, as a baby cannot focus his eyes on objects, and at first you'll get only glimpses of reading emotions, feelings, and then thoughts pure.
Activity: 3
December 31, 2017, 06:43:31 AM
If we analyze one's behavior, attitude, character, and actions I think that is really possible or if you ask a question that is very limited to answer that's another possibility but reading a mind of stranger out of nowhere I think it is impossible.
Activity: 52
December 31, 2017, 03:24:05 AM
i still dont believe in mind reading i think they just do the trick. I coudn't image the world that people can read other prople's mind. It's really a chaos.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
December 30, 2017, 04:29:34 PM
Actually all the people can read minds, to some extent. We can deduct from the behavior and from answers to questions, what the person we speak with is thinking. No one can read minds directly, but doing so indirectly is easy. There are many people who claim that they can read minds directly - they can't.
Activity: 12
December 30, 2017, 04:29:28 PM
It's not sure, but it seems that it's possible to "read" emotional states.
Talking about digital data, there is no proof that it's possible.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
December 30, 2017, 04:17:27 PM
I don't believe that people will be able to read thoughts over time. And I would not want to do this, even if it were possible. Other people's thoughts will not do you any good.
Activity: 30
December 28, 2017, 07:29:17 AM
i think, mind-reading is a possible thing. But it's a genetic mutation, it's not even normal. If nowdays somebody can do this trick, he has irresistible barrier between peoples, who loves him and himself.
Pages:
Jump to: