Pages:
Author

Topic: Is taxation theft? - page 37. (Read 75960 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 05, 2017, 02:41:04 PM
Not paying anything towards the society/country you live in would be theft, taxation is a basic requirement for society to function.

Misusing taxes on the other hand is definitely theft.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
June 05, 2017, 02:39:06 PM
If the government has actual intentions of helping the country then taxes are a vital part of the income and can contribute to many public works along with building and personnel maintenance. The key word here is IF.

Yes it is if.  And that if was used by modern/rich countries like Jaoan, Canada, Qatar, and Denmark.  Tax was there even before Jesus was born.  They uses it to build the cities and other monuments.  Some of them belongs to the ancient wonders of the world.  If taxes would be eliminated, I do not think that our government could do its functions.  Tax is vital thing.  And whether we like it or not, even if we see or did not see the effect of it, it somehow still helps us.
I think that no one is ready to part with their money and therefore, No one wants to pay taxes. The fact is that taxes are a state policy and from it you can not escape anywhere. Therefore, there is only one way out for Bitcoin users, and it's in the shadows, without legalizing crypto currency.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
June 05, 2017, 10:20:19 AM
If the government has actual intentions of helping the country then taxes are a vital part of the income and can contribute to many public works along with building and personnel maintenance. The key word here is IF.

Yes it is if.  And that if was used by modern/rich countries like Jaoan, Canada, Qatar, and Denmark.  Tax was there even before Jesus was born.  They uses it to build the cities and other monuments.  Some of them belongs to the ancient wonders of the world.  If taxes would be eliminated, I do not think that our government could do its functions.  Tax is vital thing.  And whether we like it or not, even if we see or did not see the effect of it, it somehow still helps us.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
June 05, 2017, 08:56:14 AM
Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs

A long time ago there use to be a country that liked freedom and no one could tax them against their will. And one day some freedom hater came along and asked let me just tax the 1% rich people and give it to the poor. Well the wise judge of this land said no, the power to tax is the power to destroy. If we ever allow taxation of our free people, they will no longer be free and so this land didn't alow any taxation!

How did it survive and function. If function through ad valorem tax and it was one of the strongest countries.

Of course there is no such country this is ajust a fairy tale. We all know no one like freedom and all love high taxes. Long live taxes and may they be at least 75% they are good for our leaders!
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
June 01, 2017, 02:10:08 AM
Let many people say that now the life time of people rises a little and the poor becomes less, But I want to say that the presence of such huge taxes simply do not allow a person to live, and practical to survive. My country already has such ugly taxes that I do not even understand how easy it will not be to raise children and build their own house.

Simple. You live in a house owned by the bank and you pay them an insane amount of interest.
Activity: 476
June 01, 2017, 02:05:58 AM
Let many people say that now the life time of people rises a little and the poor becomes less, But I want to say that the presence of such huge taxes simply do not allow a person to live, and practical to survive. My country already has such ugly taxes that I do not even understand how easy it will not be to raise children and build their own house.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
May 31, 2017, 08:49:42 AM
It is still theft.

And yes, you are also somewhat responsible if you know that he will use the money to kill and yet you still allow him to have your money.

That is why I left the US. The first tax day that came along where I paid no income taxes I felt relieved that none of my money went to fund ISIS. And by not holding dollars I was not contributing to the monetary system that allows them to print their war money. It is a very satisfying feeling.
You can't feel free from the financing of wars. Even if you don't pay tax on your income, you may still acquire food and other goods with which the seller has to pay tax. The money you give him in person. The government will always find a way to get into your pocket.
[/quote]

Yep. But if more people stop paying taxes and using the USD it will eventually shut down the machine.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
May 31, 2017, 08:23:00 AM
If the tax is not being used to improve a certain country, then it is somehow a theft.

If a thief steals your wallet then gives the money to his sick mother...is it still theft?

If a thief steals your wallet then uses the money to buy guns to kill people are you party to murder because you allowed the theft?

It is still theft.

And yes, you are also somewhat responsible if you know that he will use the money to kill and yet you still allow him to have your money.

That is why I left the US. The first tax day that came along where I paid no income taxes I felt relieved that none of my money went to fund ISIS. And by not holding dollars I was not contributing to the monetary system that allows them to print their war money. It is a very satisfying feeling.
You can't feel free from the financing of wars. Even if you don't pay tax on your income, you may still acquire food and other goods with which the seller has to pay tax. The money you give him in person. The government will always find a way to get into your pocket.
Activity: 106
Merit: 100
May 31, 2017, 04:14:18 AM
If the tax is not being used to improve a certain country, then it is somehow a theft.

Of course in most cases, it turns out only theft, because for all the money that was paid in taxes it would be possible for many countries to make successful and prosperous. And for this money they only create a war and destroy the state even more.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
May 31, 2017, 03:55:08 AM

If a thief steals your wallet then gives the money to his sick mother...is it still theft?

If a thief steals your wallet then uses the money to buy guns to kill people are you party to murder because you allowed the theft?

It is still theft.

Activity: 462
May 31, 2017, 02:10:12 AM

This is great come back, sir. I salute you.

Elwar, with all due respect. Private property is private property. It can become public property, when YOU and YOU alone gave your God given rights away for the benefit of all. Not because some unelected commie fuck decides, that his friends needs your property more than you do.

Sometimes, I just know, that you westerners lead incredibly sheltered lifes, otherwise you would be far more prudent about the way you handle gifts.

If you read back a few posts you'll see Elwar is actually on your side.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
May 31, 2017, 01:27:34 AM

This is great come back, sir. I salute you.

Elwar, with all due respect. Private property is private property. It can become public property, when YOU and YOU alone gave your God given rights away for the benefit of all. Not because some unelected commie fuck decides, that his friends needs your property more than you do.

Sometimes, I just know, that you westerners lead incredibly sheltered lifes, otherwise you would be far more prudent about the way you handle gifts.
May 31, 2017, 01:01:40 AM

legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
May 31, 2017, 12:54:25 AM

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
May 31, 2017, 12:45:28 AM
It depends on the country, in corrupt countries taxation is most definitely theft but in most westernized developped countries its the cost of keeping the country alive and the alternative is chaos. Taxation is a necessity to have a stable country and anyone that suggests otherwise is living in a dream reality.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
★Adconity.com★
May 31, 2017, 12:39:03 AM
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 30, 2017, 11:23:37 PM
The answer from the theft sympathisers is always "look at all the wonderful things you get from those tax dollars".

They will always spin the conversation away from the fact that the money was taken without consent.

I will flatly say, I want free education for all. I want everyone to have food. I want everyone to have free clothing and housing. That would be wonderful. But that's not what we were talking about was it? We were talking about our current ancient system of getting funds which involves one party forcefully taking from another party without their consent. Until that is fixed then there is no reason to talk about the free ponies and rainbows.

That's all nice, but do you not want schools and roads? Most people agree the system is administered poorly, and that a person has no choice but to pay taxes according to their geographic location, but what are you talking about with ponies and rainbows? You sound like you're running for office, a lot of empty rhetoric with no sense. Most people, the vast majority, acquiesce because the government uses terror tactics to enforce compliance. But terror tactics or not, some services are necessary in crowded places.

Home schooling and 100% toll roads.

Without tax, people could afford to let the wife/husband stay home and school the kids

Rights of way have been built into law for thousands of years, one way or another. Get your stupid highway off the rights of way so that people don't have to use them to get from point A to point B.

Let people buy what they want. Don't force them to pay for something they don't want.

Cool

1) Toll roads won't get built.

2) Bad as "fiat" might be, if it didn't exist you wouldn't have a computer. Fiat is from the same gangsters who bring you wars. So, some good, some bad, "baby with bathwater" situation.

3) If you enjoy pesticide laced apples, and you visit a natural orchard and eat some apples mixed with worms, what is the lesson? Don't eat apples? No. Pesticide apples are good? No. You have to have some discrimination and separate the useful from the harmful.

1. Better toll roads will get built.

2. Gold and silver by weight as money would make computers far better than what exists.

3. Grow your own apples. Unite with others to put down harm done by industry and industrial waste... volutrily, and get the job done.

Cool
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
May 30, 2017, 10:38:12 PM
3) Funding could be done very well with crypto. A health and human services coin, use it if you want schools. A defense coin, use it if you want to spend all your nation's wealth flying 20 year olds around to kill people who have no idea why we want to kill them. A road coin that your smart car can use to pay tolls etc. 

And you are just one person thinking of better ways of funding things. Imagine if government stopped taking money without consent and many solutions could be put forth from thousands of great minds.
May 30, 2017, 10:01:15 PM

Perhaps you missed the part where I said I wanted free education for all. Yes. I would also love some high technology smart roads that charge our cars as we drive and navigate for us. Free cars for everyone would be great too.

But that does not negate the fact that the government is taking peoples' money without their consent. Let's address this morally outdated approach of funding things first. Then figure out all of the free stuff we both want people to have.

1) Some gangster cancer scum in government have toxified the whole situation, that is true.

2) Free education is nice, so is good education. You need some kind of structure or else less than 1% of people are going to educate their children. So are bands of guys with guns, like the taliban going to educate children, without government. Afghanistan tried that and they also eliminated drug use, prevented soldiers from having sex with little boys, made adultery a crime etc, so we went in, under govt guidance, and restored all those things. Not sure what the lesson is there.

3) Funding could be done very well with crypto. A health and human services coin, use it if you want schools. A defense coin, use it if you want to spend all your nation's wealth flying 20 year olds around to kill people who have no idea why we want to kill them. A road coin that your smart car can use to pay tolls etc. 
May 30, 2017, 09:54:26 PM
The answer from the theft sympathisers is always "look at all the wonderful things you get from those tax dollars".

They will always spin the conversation away from the fact that the money was taken without consent.

I will flatly say, I want free education for all. I want everyone to have food. I want everyone to have free clothing and housing. That would be wonderful. But that's not what we were talking about was it? We were talking about our current ancient system of getting funds which involves one party forcefully taking from another party without their consent. Until that is fixed then there is no reason to talk about the free ponies and rainbows.

That's all nice, but do you not want schools and roads? Most people agree the system is administered poorly, and that a person has no choice but to pay taxes according to their geographic location, but what are you talking about with ponies and rainbows? You sound like you're running for office, a lot of empty rhetoric with no sense. Most people, the vast majority, acquiesce because the government uses terror tactics to enforce compliance. But terror tactics or not, some services are necessary in crowded places.

Home schooling and 100% toll roads.

Without tax, people could afford to let the wife/husband stay home and school the kids

Rights of way have been built into law for thousands of years, one way or another. Get your stupid highway off the rights of way so that people don't have to use them to get from point A to point B.

Let people buy what they want. Don't force them to pay for something they don't want.

Cool

1) Toll roads won't get built.

2) Bad as "fiat" might be, if it didn't exist you wouldn't have a computer. Fiat is from the same gangsters who bring you wars. So, some good, some bad, "baby with bathwater" situation.

3) If you enjoy pesticide laced apples, and you visit a natural orchard and eat some apples mixed with worms, what is the lesson? Don't eat apples? No. Pesticide apples are good? No. You have to have some discrimination and separate the useful from the harmful.
Pages:
Jump to: