Pages:
Author

Topic: Is taxation theft? - page 35. (Read 75960 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
June 11, 2017, 07:27:37 AM
Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs

Taxation is an ancient way of the government to collect funds that they might use in nation building.  Even in the bible, Jesus teaches us to give money that is intended for Cesar. Even until now, our government still collectinh taxes on us so they have budget for infrastructure, education, health, and the like.  I guess, it is the people who corrupted the budget intended for the nation building and use for their personal interest are the theft.  They ruined the trust of people and they abuse their authority and power.  

Look at the context of the Jesus/Caesar dialogue. He first says "who's image is on that coin?". On the response of "Caesar" he says to give Caesar what is Caesar's. He does not say give Caesar a percentage of your coins. He is basically saying...give Caesar all of his coins back. As in...stop using Caesar's money.

What he probably wanted to say was..."stop using fiat currency and build a cryptocurrency that is decentralized so you do not need to use government money ever again".
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
June 11, 2017, 06:22:11 AM
Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs

Taxation is an ancient way of the government to collect funds that they might use in nation building.  Even in the bible, Jesus teaches us to give money that is intended for Cesar. Even until now, our government still collectinh taxes on us so they have budget for infrastructure, education, health, and the like.  I guess, it is the people who corrupted the budget intended for the nation building and use for their personal interest are the theft.  They ruined the trust of people and they abuse their authority and power. 
You speak of the Bible as the absolute authority. I don't agree with it. I don't believe in God and I do not know who wrote the Bible. I am sure that it was written by people in order to justify the exploitation of other people. The clergy has always been cooperating with the government. Besides, they live on donations. Is this not a tax?

Of course, the Bible was written by people to control other people so that they obey a sacred letter and voluntarily give money. Only now many priests live too luxuriously because of these donations.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
June 11, 2017, 06:16:00 AM

Taxation is an ancient way of the government to collect funds that they might use in nation building.  Even in the bible, Jesus teaches us to give money that is intended for Cesar. Even until now, our government still collectinh taxes on us so they have budget for infrastructure, education, health, and the like.  I guess, it is the people who corrupted the budget intended for the nation building and use for their personal interest are the theft.  They ruined the trust of people and they abuse their authority and power. 
You speak of the Bible as the absolute authority. I don't agree with it. I don't believe in God and I do not know who wrote the Bible. I am sure that it was written by people in order to justify the exploitation of other people. The clergy has always been cooperating with the government. Besides, they live on donations. Is this not a tax?
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
June 11, 2017, 05:53:11 AM
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
June 11, 2017, 12:24:45 AM

legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
June 10, 2017, 09:07:17 PM
What makes sex NOT rape?

Consent.

What makes employment NOT slavery?

Consent.

What makes a transaction NOT a robbery?

Consent.

What makes a visit NOT an invasion?

Consent.

What makes a boxing match NOT assault?

Consent.

What makes taxation NOT theft?

Magical fairy dust.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 10, 2017, 07:04:45 PM
Yes, in many countries taxes are used by rulers only in their own interests. Until people can defeat their greed they will not be able to see a prosperous country with honest rulers.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There will never be honest rulers.

Monty Python - Repressed Citizen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYU87QNjPw

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 09, 2017, 08:56:48 PM
We have government without government. What I mean is, who tells you which shoes to wear today? How about if you wear a suit or leisure clothes? How about the color of socks, or if you wear any at all? You do. You are your own government. We don't need them as much as they would like us to think.

Cool
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
June 09, 2017, 08:20:55 PM
If our government were funded by mass murder and rape, would you then justify it saying "mass murder and rape are the price we pay to live in a civilized society"? We gotta have government right?

"There's nothing wrong with mass murder and rape, the only problem are those corrupt politicians that abuses the mass murder and rape for there personal interest. That's why we must put right persons over the government to avoid misuse of such government mass murder and rape."
Activity: 976
Merit: 1002
Bitcoinmeetups.org
June 09, 2017, 01:34:27 PM

Exactly Elwar. You got it right. It so annoys me when people think if they bend over backwards they are not being robbed. It's doublethink. But you seem to be able to handle the truth.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
June 09, 2017, 08:27:52 AM
it depends on how your government uses the taxes collected. Taxes are supposed to fund the development of a country, but it seems that most of the politicians are just stealing all the taxes the collect. That is why i never trust a politician. I think most of them are thieves - high class thieves. Sucks their banks are the ones who are getting develop and not our country,
That's true, they are supposed to use it for the advancement for the country, whether it's for the technological development, agricultural development, or in other parts that can be helped, that will depend on how they will use the money. It's the people in the government, just like you said, they are oligarchs who just feed themselves. It's time to stand up.

There are too many of them and they are rich, it is not so easy for them to stand up to several people. They are accustomed to have power over the whole country and dispose of all finances for their own pleasure.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
June 09, 2017, 01:26:12 AM

Activity: 976
Merit: 1002
Bitcoinmeetups.org
June 09, 2017, 12:30:17 AM
it depends on how your government uses the taxes collected. Taxes are supposed to fund the development of a country, but it seems that most of the politicians are just stealing all the taxes the collect. That is why i never trust a politician. I think most of them are thieves - high class thieves. Sucks their banks are the ones who are getting develop and not our country,

Incorrect. If someone robs you and then gives half of your money to charity, he is still a thief and a robber. It absolutely does not matter where the money goes, taxation is and has always been theft. Send the thieves to the gallows pole where they belong. That goes for the whole political and banking class.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
June 09, 2017, 12:17:57 AM
Of course, everyone wants to keep their money to themselves. I couldn't hope to produce everything by myself so I buy them instead and for that, there must be quality control and regulation has expenses.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
June 08, 2017, 11:50:38 PM
That's true, they are supposed to use it for the advancement for the country, whether it's for the technological development, agricultural development, or in other parts that can be helped, that will depend on how they will use the money. It's the people in the government, just like you said, they are oligarchs who just feed themselves. It's time to stand up.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 08, 2017, 11:39:13 PM
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
June 08, 2017, 03:35:50 AM
There's nothing wrong with taxation system, the only problem are those corrupt politicians that abuses the tax spending for there personal interest. That's why we must put right persons over the government to avoid misuse of such government funds.

Getting your money through theft is done by corrupt people.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
June 08, 2017, 03:24:08 AM
There's nothing wrong with taxation system, the only problem are those corrupt politicians that abuses the tax spending for there personal interest. That's why we must put right persons over the government to avoid misuse of such government funds.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
June 07, 2017, 08:21:28 PM
Yes, in many countries taxes are used by rulers only in their own interests. Until people can defeat their greed they will not be able to see a prosperous country with honest rulers.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There will never be honest rulers.

People who need rulers need dishonest ones.
Tax is really a big help for all of us, especially the standing of our country, but because of corrupt officials tax turns to negative as people would think that they are just wasting their money in paying taxes and they don't feel the benefit of it and other people use it for their own self, but for me I'll still pay taxes since it is somewhat the basic needs of a country for it to grow and to be sustainable.

You will pay your taxes either way. Otherwise men with guns will come and kidnap you.
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
June 07, 2017, 12:24:30 PM
yes it is. when u take some money from some one without their will it is called theft.

i live in singapore and we really have one of the biggest taxes in the world
Stealing is when you take the money quietly. When you take money openly and intimidate it's called robbery. For you the difference is not very big, you still remain without money, and from the point of view of the law robbery a more serious crime.
Pages:
Jump to: