Pages:
Author

Topic: Is taxation theft? - page 36. (Read 75960 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Be True and u will be Happy
June 07, 2017, 11:51:14 AM
yes it is. when u take some money from some one without their will it is called theft.

i live in singapore and we really have one of the biggest taxes in the world
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
June 07, 2017, 11:42:41 AM
Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs

Taxation is not a theft. We are living in our country and we need to help build and improve our country. This is just a give and take relationship. It is also a matter of nationalism as a citizen of our country. The problem are just the rulers in each country that are abusive when it comes to taxes, also the proper usage of the taxes to avoid mishandling.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
June 07, 2017, 11:32:13 AM
Yes, in many countries taxes are used by rulers only in their own interests. Until people can defeat their greed they will not be able to see a prosperous country with honest rulers.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There will never be honest rulers.

People who need rulers need dishonest ones.
Tax is really a big help for all of us, especially the standing of our country, but because of corrupt officials tax turns to negative as people would think that they are just wasting their money in paying taxes and they don't feel the benefit of it and other people use it for their own self, but for me I'll still pay taxes since it is somewhat the basic needs of a country for it to grow and to be sustainable.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
June 07, 2017, 11:02:11 AM
Yes, in many countries taxes are used by rulers only in their own interests. Until people can defeat their greed they will not be able to see a prosperous country with honest rulers.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There will never be honest rulers.

People who need rulers need dishonest ones.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
June 07, 2017, 08:09:48 AM

Activity: 172
Merit: 100
June 07, 2017, 07:10:44 AM
June 06, 2017, 11:19:54 PM
Many here would likely justify murder if it was spun as good for the community (oh wait, they already do that...war, death penalty, etc).

Another good point. Now wait for Osama to disagree.
June 06, 2017, 11:18:23 PM

Don't blame theft. Theft was started for a good purpose. It is just being abused.

That's a good point.

The original motive of "theft" is getting food, and that motive is more basic than the convoluted motives of acquiring excess consumer goods.

When you see a dog steal it is usually for food, or to harmlessly play.

No. Dogs do not steal, because dogs do not have concept of either morality or private property. Human beings are not dogs. And neither is state.

Elwar, gave you this example precisely because he thought, that you will be capable of understanding, that you cannot justify bad acts by noble means.

Moral relativism is road back to cave where we came from.

Dogs certainly do steal, same as people. You may never have seen hungry dogs in an urban area. They are clever and will arrange complicated schemes involving multiple dogs to take food that they know is forbidden them. Bears do the same.

There is a difference between moral relativism and shallow morality. Hunger trumps wealth. You can philosophize as much as you want but at the end of the day a hungry person has a stronger moral foundation than a student of philosophy.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
June 06, 2017, 08:05:58 PM
Many here would likely justify murder if it was spun as good for the community (oh wait, they already do that...war, death penalty, etc).

Can we all agree that the initiation of force or fraud is bad? No matter how many rainbows it results in.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
June 06, 2017, 11:20:42 AM

Don't blame theft. Theft was started for a good purpose. It is just being abused.

That's a good point.

The original motive of "theft" is getting food, and that motive is more basic than the convoluted motives of acquiring excess consumer goods.

No. Dogs do not steal, because dogs do not have concept of either morality or private property. Human beings are not dogs. And neither is state.

Elwar, gave you this example precisely because he thought, that you will be capable of understanding, that you cannot justify bad acts by noble means.

Moral relativism is road back to cave where we came from.
June 06, 2017, 11:15:43 AM

That's a good point.

legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
June 06, 2017, 08:43:37 AM
Don't blame taxation, taxation was formed for a good purpose it is just being abused by the officials it is fine to pay taxes, we are also responsible for taking care of our own country we should do our responsibility as part of this community i think some of the official is a thief they use taxation for their own good so taxation is not a theft it's our responsibility.

Activity: 574
Merit: 506
June 06, 2017, 05:28:49 AM
Don't blame taxation, taxation was formed for a good purpose it is just being abused by the officials it is fine to pay taxes, we are also responsible for taking care of our own country we should do our responsibility as part of this community i think some of the official is a thief they use taxation for their own good so taxation is not a theft it's our responsibility.

You should put in some research, sir.

Taxation was - independently around the world in various cultures set up for raising of armies. That doesnt make it inherently bad or good, it is tool. Public education has exact same origins - more literate population - more taxes - larger and more efficient military.

Misuse of taxes then makes perfect sense, since why you should share a tool, that gives you advantage over the others? Thats why big states with high taxations present a problem. Eventually they all end up as feudals, "farming" their own population. As we could see in Soviet Union or present day Scandinavia.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
June 06, 2017, 05:22:48 AM

I'n my country 90% of the tax doesn't go to community so that is BS. War, medical mafia, farma mafia all other loby insiders that is where that tax goes. A tiny bit on roads, schools etc... We are better off paying for roads and schools on local level then get "raped" by the federal mafia then get 10% back. So keep you BS statements to your self it's not true. The power to tax is the power to destroy me freedom at least in my country.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
★Adconity.com★
June 06, 2017, 05:18:54 AM
June 06, 2017, 12:46:01 AM
... Governments use taxation to encourage or discourage certain economic issues and decision...

That's not really accurate. It is a person or small group that hijacks that authority to push an agenda with tax money.

Everybody has some idea of what might be a good thing to do with a trillion dollars.

If your thing is helping impoverished people, you might start an ngo and get donations.

If your thing is science, you might try to get funding for a lab.

If your thing is some weird political notion requiring lots of noisy armaments and things that explode, or if you are trying to compensate for too many beatings from your dad, you join the government and try to enforce your opinion by forcing similar people to join your battle.
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
June 06, 2017, 12:19:38 AM
Personally, I do feel it is theft, I never consented to any taxation. I feel that this video helps explain the video quite well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMQZEIXBMs

Tax is good,The Governments use taxation to encourage or discourage certain economic issues and decision. The more people pay taxes the results are greater construction activities of infrastructure such as schools, roads, hospitals and other public facilities and also generates more jobs.

A charity uses their money to do good things. Governments sometimes use their money to do good things.

The question is not about what is done with the money but how it is obtained.

The question posed is not "can money be used in a useful way?". Start another thread if that is what you want to discuss.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
June 05, 2017, 10:07:02 PM
Tax is not bad. We need to pay tax because it needs for our country to survive. However its application is the one that make it hard to understans because as person and individual citizen we are already paying our taxes plus the item that we purchased has tax as well. And that makes me feel that this is too much and looks like a theft already. If someone can stand and do something about this. Because its very hard to live by always paying taxes its like we are only workig for the sake of the government which they dont care about us.
That's true, it's the governments' payroll that we're paying for (if you are paying taxes). The people in the government are the ones to be blamed or can be investigated when they have an unaccountable wealth. If they can't explain their wealth, then probably they got it illegally or something like that. That's the real theft in my opinion.
Activity: 108
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 05, 2017, 09:56:41 PM
Tax is not bad. We need to pay tax because it needs for our country to survive. However its application is the one that make it hard to understans because as person and individual citizen we are already paying our taxes plus the item that we purchased has tax as well. And that makes me feel that this is too much and looks like a theft already. If someone can stand and do something about this. Because its very hard to live by always paying taxes its like we are only workig for the sake of the government which they dont care about us.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
June 05, 2017, 09:44:42 PM

Tax is good,The Governments use taxation to encourage or discourage certain economic issues and decision. The more people pay taxes the results are greater construction activities of infrastructure such as schools, roads, hospitals and other public facilities and also generates more jobs.
Pages:
Jump to: