Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin? - page 25. (Read 5185 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0
Oh sure. Since bitcoin is the most popular coin. And a lot of exchanges change coins mainly for bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?
Not only ethereum but also all alt coins prices are dependent on bitcoin price. All alt coins are traded by following btc trend. And we know that alt price increase only when the btc price is remain stable.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
In my opinion, the price of other coins depends on bitcoin, since bitcoin is coin number 1. And indeed the price of any coin depends on it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

I think that is true because bitcoin is the only pioneer for ethereum and other altcoins. But as time goes on, developments in the field have shown which significant changes, that the price of the altcoin is now more heavily focused on the size of the community behind each altcoin.
Activity: 215
Merit: 10
Bitcoin and Ethereum have different uses and purposes. Ethereum provides a platform for developers to build a wide variety of applications that already have a trusted blockchain platform as its base. Of course, it price depends on cryptogiant but it preserves certain autonomity.
Activity: 490
Merit: 14
I stick that right now all market is dependent on bitcoin price. As for ethereum, it should be like 5-10% of BTC price.
Now it is close to low point of this corellation, so it is time to buy ETH!
Activity: 294
Of course the volatility of Bitcoin will affect Ethereum. It will affect all cryptocurrencies. When the granpa of cryptocurrencies, i.e. Bitcoin gets a hiccup, all cryptocurrencies get shaken up. However, that doesn’t mean that these cryptocurrencies will be under the shadow of Bitcoin for long.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
The whole market is dependant on Bitcoin. We are still in the speculation period. Crypto is just not used for much else.
I really though that when more exchanges open up the fiat gateways and you can buy other coins with fiat, Bitcoin dominance and dependancy will go down, but it didn't.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
It’s because most exchanges don’t offer a FIAT-ETH exchange. This means, you cannot buy ETH with your local FIAT currency like USD or Yuan. Instead, you have to first buy Bitcoin with USD or Yuan and then exchange Bitcoin for ETH, which is why ETH price is still somewhat tied to BTC.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
It seems all the cryptos depends on bitcoin, not just ethereum. Bitcoin is the core of the crypto market. When the bitcoin price rise, all other cryptos will rise after bitcoin. If the bitcoin price drops, all the crypto market will go down.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
Of course so, when bitcoin goes up and down like now it's a very unstable situation so alt decreases because bitcoin hasn't stabilized. if bitcoin is stable alt there is a high increase or decrease.
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
I believe that the price does not depend directly on bitcoin. The price depends more on the people who sells Ethereum bitcoin. In General, it turns out.
Activity: 152
Merit: 0
That's what I also do not understand because when bitcoin rises, etereum also tends to rise, and when it falls Ethereum also will fall. Maybe because bitcoin leads other coins. I noticed all other blockchain based platform tends to fall and rise simultaneously.
Activity: 345
of course however bitcoin has the power to drive the price of altcoin in the market. We can see how altcoin is moving when the value of bitcoin also moves in the market. These are all affected by the strength of the bitcoin.
Activity: 349
Everything in the crypto world depends on Bitcoin (of course, he is pioneer). And ETH also depends on bitcoins, but this dependency is less than other coins. Therefore, it's possible that in the future ETH will become completely independent.
Activity: 60
Merit: 21
The price of every crypto out there is based off of Bitcoin, when the price of BTC falls, so does the price of ETH, LTC, NANO, NEO, IOTA. WHICHEVER, WHATEVER!

When BTC starts rising again so will Ethereum!!
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
Yes, of course, bitcoin is an independent coin on which altcoins depend.if the price of bitcoin increases it will affect the prices of altcoins positively. Therefore, change in bitcoin price will affect ethereum in the same manner.
Activity: 585
Merit: 250
I will also say yes to this because not only ethereum but all altcoin price is dependent on then price of bitcoin though sometime it might be different but if there is high demand for bitcoin and the price is high, it boost the confidence of investors to invest in altcoin and when there is high demand for a coin, the price will be high and again, bitcoin is the oldest crypto.
i think ETH is not dependent like you say.
BTC is main coin and BTC will influence all coin in cryptocurrency.
i think all coin in crypto is centered on BTC like a price and a grow it.
it same like ETH to centered on BTC.
Merit: 100
At present ethereum prices do follow the price of bitcoin. Bitcoin is the first currency to come out in crypto currency, so bitcoin can influence the altcoin. But if we predict for the next 10 years, nobody knows whether bitcoin will still be the leader or Eth who will rule in crypto currency.
bitcoin will always lead all existing coin coins, because bitcoin is the first crypto currency that appears and has a fantastic price. bitcoin is also the first choice for someone to invest. so if ethereum replaces bitcoin in the next 10 years I think it's difficult and takes a very long time.
Pages:
Jump to: