Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin? - page 34. (Read 5185 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 10
If I think all these altcoin prices depend on the price of bitcoin because all altcoin is a fraction of bitcoin as well as the ethereum that follows these bitcoin changes but this is just my opinion and maybe the opinions of the others are different
Activity: 105
Merit: 0
The prices of all coins on the market are dependent on Bitcoin. That's why i think it's very important to keep Bitcoin in your portfolio.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Yes the price of Ethereum is still a bit connected to that of bitcoin cause the whole market is still connected to the price of Bitcoin but it won't stay this way for long. As Ethereum has grown enough that it can become independent of Bitcoin and is in the race to replace Bitcoin as the number one coin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
Certainly. ETH is dependent on BtC on a large scale. If you follow up the price curve of both you will surely get it.
Activity: 196
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?
why not? the prices of a crude oil, euro and dollars and silver and gold are connected. the same goes for cryptocurrunc i guess. maybe we will find out soon
Activity: 1092
Merit: 269
Any coin depends on bitcoin and always will be ! Bitcoin was created the first it is the main !

I think it's not, every altcoin can change, up and down and it does not depend on the state of bitcoin. because everything is also proven with bitcoin prices are sometimes high and while altcoin is also not high even otherwise.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1
Base.protocol
Not only ethereum all other altcoins are controlled by the price of btc. Bitcoin is well know and seen as the gateway of all cryptocurrency to Fiat. So ups and down of price in crypto market is affected by btc
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Any coin depends on bitcoin and always will be ! Bitcoin was created the first it is the main !
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions
Bitcoin is the king of crypto, where it is the first coin to appear in crypto. In crypto, bitcoin has great authority in developing the journey of another altcoin. So bitcoin affects if there is a decrease or increase of bitcoin it will also affect all altcoin that will follow the current or instruction of bitcoin.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

As for me, it's not dependent on bitcoin because there are times where it rises but bitcoin remains stable on it's price. If it  is dependent on bitcoin then it should have also the same value when the bull markey came last year. I think it is a potential coin of it's own.
Activity: 60
The majority of the cryptomarkets follow bitcoin. Bitcoin is the front runner and market king. Where it goes, the rest of the market tends to follow.

So my answer is, Yes.  Ethereum is dependent on bitcoin for the same reasons every other coin does.
Activity: 182
Yes ofcourse, being the Bitcoin is the father of Altcoin, so Altcoins ups and down depends on the Bitcoin. I have seen many ups and down in the cryptomarket because of Bitcoin.
Activity: 210

Ether is an smart contract ecosystem. Bitcoin is a store of value and framework for transferring funds. They frequently move relative to each other as per the chart below. The longer answer is that the entire cyrpto space, as a young asset class, is highly correlated. When China clamp down on Bitcoin exchanges, the entire sector tends to move lower. This wlll change over time as the asset class gets more widely adopted.
Activity: 322
In my views price of every coin will be depends on bitcoin price because every altcoins price is move up and down as per price of bitcoin. because bitcoin is base currency of this market.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

In general, all coins are related to the movement of the BTC price. You can always see this dependence. I think Ethereum is not an exception to this case.
The very true reason behind why if the bitcoin price go down let's expect the same thing happen with some altcoins since the market value of altcoins is some sort related to the price movement of Bitcoin. And I bet that everyone observed it also. So let's just hope for the best for bitcoin and so for the altcoins too.
copper member
Activity: 156
Let's get lots of useful information!.
My personal opinion is that the price of etherium corresponds to the bit coin price.
This is because, as you can see from the numerical graphs of the market exchanges over the years, if the bit coin declines, there will be a movement to defend the etherium at the same price as it initially maintains, but ultimately the ether will inevitably lose its price I saw many times.
For this reason, I think that Bitcoin is still the most important coin in coin, but still plays an important role in the role of market leader.
So if Etherium is the second coin that is in line with the big role, then this is another market confusion and the price comparison will be different. (Or, in the future, Etherium might be the coin for the colon.)
Activity: 182
Despite the fact that in the eyes of an ordinary user, inexperienced in the field of technology, both crypto-currencies are similar to each other as two drops of water, they differ significantly not only in terms of technology, but also in the capabilities that are provided to users and developers. In fact, the Etherium is not just a Bitcoin upgrade, it also has a wider functionality, it allows you to create more advanced services on the same block-platform. In the Ethereum system, there is an opportunity to create "smart contracts" that allow for the exchange of assets between participants when they reach certain conditions, own Freenet network for creating decentralized sites. Thus, the Etherium is not only a money transfer system (although in this respect it functions perfectly). First and foremost, this is a full-fledged infrastructure in which cryptonyms are also a kind of payment method for the time of using the service.
Activity: 266
The price of all altcoins depends on the price of Bitcoin. When Bitcoin goes down in price, altcoins go down as well. That's why during the slowdown people are concerned about the price of Bitcoin
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
The Ethereum like all other cryptocurrencies depend on the bitcoin. If Ethereum can overtake bitcoin by capitalization, the situation may change and it will be interesting.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
At firat, I thought of the same thing because whenever the market value of Bitcoin is increasing same thing happens with the price  of ethereum and also, likeliwise when falling. But as we can see, there's a difference on the percentage of every increase and decrease as well as on the volume so i think it is jist a coincidence or something which do happen normally but i doubt that it is because ome depends on the other one.
Pages:
Jump to: