Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the price of ethereum dependent on bitcoin? - page 5. (Read 5185 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 10
Yes of course as I noticed it really change his value when Bitcoin's value rise up and falls down. Just like the some other currency they are all connected to bitcoin and no matter what happened bitcoin still ahead from them. And I think this is why they can't surpassed bitcoin by any chance in any year.
Activity: 415
There are no coins that can escape the shackles of Bitcoin. It is exciting and great to know that Bitcoin has created cryptocurrencies. So it is still the strongest coin.
Activity: 421
That's right, although Ethereum has opened up its own way, it still follows Bitcoin. To know that it means revenge, this is to tell you the power of Bitcoin.
Activity: 729
Merit: 250
I think not only ethereum, but also all the coins that are moving following the movement of bitcoin prices, Bitcoin controls the crypto currency market, and until now every crypto is always moving to the price of bitcoin. That is the picture that I understand, when at the end of 2017 where bitcoin prices rose quite high by around $ 20,000, ethereum prices also rose. At this time when the price of bitcoin dropped, ethereum prices and other coins also fell.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
All the coins are dependent on BTC and highly correlates to it`s price movements as BTC is the market leader.
ETH is also following this pattern.
Activity: 196
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?

It seems to me that this is so. In General, all cryptocurrencies grow up a little when bitcoin grows. And Ethereum grows up in 90% of cases of bitcoin growth. The growth may be quite small, but it is still there
Activity: 294
BTC today really makes a huge difference for the entire crypto market. The price depends not only on Ethereum, but also on the majority of reliable cryptocurrencies. Therefore, I am sure that today the bulk of the money must be invested in the purchase of BTC, although you can choose some promising altcoins.
Activity: 252
This dependence ine miningful for ETH but BTC is not so bad influencor as you could think. It also brings new chances for the improving for the ETH.
Activity: 296
It could not be discussed at all because this dependence in too big and strong and this problem is very serious on the market and its cryptocurrencies as well.
Activity: 319
Today, there is no doubt about the enormous impact of BTC on the overall state of the crypto market. Therefore, I am sure that now Ethereum prices directly depend on the dynamics of BTC. BTC also affects the prices of other altcoins.
Activity: 126
I believe that all coins depend on Bitcoin. And especially ethereum because it is the second after Bitcoin. As Bitcoin will set the pace of growth it will.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
for 9 months of market decline, ETH showed full dependence on the price of bitcoin
Activity: 429
Merit: 100
Yes ,any way that's what i feel.I believe is not only ethereum that's is dependent on bitcoin.Bitcoin is the first crypto currency.
Activity: 268
Merit: 1
I don't know the truth, my assumption is that altcoin always follows the increase in Bitcoin, it can be compared to the parent Bitcoin. Ethereum and Bitcoin are different so don't ever think Altcoin will compete with Bitcoin prices that are very different. Ethereum is one of the coins that becomes faforit and many ICO platforms use Ethereum to be very often compared to its quality with Bitcoin.
Activity: 444
Merit: 101
Very much so actually.  The price of ethereum and most (if not all) alts are massively impacted by the performance of bitcoin due to the the fact bitcoin is more or less the standard bearer in cryto currency.   Unfortunately, this is the fact of the matter for now but i think it is necessary that this doesn't always continue to be case.   Right now, if bitcoin dips, everything else bleeds ridiculous, therefore it is necessary to address this over dependence on bitcoin to determine how crypto market behaves.
Activity: 324
I think that maybe there is no the direct connection but in fact there is some influence. I think that they are both the leaders of the market and their prices affect each other somehow
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
This is not the opinion of people, but a real fact. To check this, just look at the charts of price changes of these cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin throughout the time is the main cryptocurrency and its success or failure depends on the change in the price of all altcoins.
Activity: 784
Merit: 135
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
Most people have the mindset that the price of ethereum rises with bitcoin and vice versa. How true is this?
Yes this is true and it isnt only ethereum who is dependent  to btc but almost all of altcoins. This is because btc dominated most of the market. You can also notice it in the graph of the market when bitcoin's price drops other coins follows.
Activity: 210
Yes, I think that there really is a point, bitcoint is the parent of all coints, if the bitcoint price goes up the other coint will certainly follow, and vice versa
I think it is fair to say that when bitcoin grows in price, all the other coins will not grow so strongly. Yet, when bitcoin falls, some altcoins may grow in price since bitcoin is exchanged to them(in rare cases).
Activity: 694
Merit: 108
santacoin.io
No I don't think so. The ethereum and bitcoin are two different cryptocurrencies with different atmospheres, and how can the value of bitcoin determines the the ethereum price? The way I see it each of them has it own market share, therefore,  none of them will determine the price of the other.
Pages:
Jump to: