Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there any place to gamble IF the Mayweather vs McGregor fight will happen? - page 3. (Read 6760 times)

Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
This huge thread on if that fight will actually happen just seems funny to me.

What seems to be funny about it? We are discussing here the chance of the fight to be happened. This will set precedence in the history of boxing and MMA sports. If you are fans of both, then you are going to be thrilled to see the fight push  through. I just think you don't know about boxing and MMA in general.  That's why you don't have interest in it and find it to be funny. But not to hard core fans.
Activity: 436
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
This huge thread on if that fight will actually happen just seems funny to me.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Big news!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvvY8tFx18U

According to this latest interview with Dana White, it's clear that the fight is happening with 99% chances. Conor McGregor will get $75,000,000, Mayweather will get $100,000,000+.

The negotiation of how the fight will be are still up, but im sure it will be a full federated boxing match. I dont believe some weird changes like size of ring and type of gloves customization will not be tolerated by the Mayweather side, but Conor wants the money and will take anything.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Wr-1cBgT4

It's clear that we are making progress but still not close at all, according to this latest interview of Dana White (UFC CEO). So I would say don't expect anything for 2017, but 2018 would be the year, because if it gets delayed beyond there, it will be too late.

Haven't seen the videos yet. But I know Dana White is opposing the fight initially. Just change his mind maybe for the good of sports or because of the huge amount of money they will profit or gain if the fight is push through?
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
It's clear that we are making progress but still not close at all, according to this latest interview of Dana White (UFC CEO). So I would say don't expect anything for 2017, but 2018 would be the year, because if it gets delayed beyond there, it will be too late.
If it gets delayed more than a year and half, that is after 2018 then it would be too late for both of the fighters. They have the heat right now it would be great to gamble for a fight like that.
It is not that easy to set a match of this magnitude pretty soon as it will be the biggest pay per view event in sports history and there are more egos in both teams as they will be fighting to keep everyone happy as i am expecting this fight to make around a billion dollars,so everyone is looking forward for this match but their egos have to be in the right place to make this fight happen and if at all if it happens it will be by 2018.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

If it gets delayed more than a year and half, that is after 2018 then it would be too late for both of the fighters. They have the heat right now it would be great to gamble for a fight like that.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Some new videos with Dana White:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxV0vjixDe4

I think happening. He says Mayweather-McGregor will be only crossover fight so this means it's happening. Anyone that took a bet for the fight happening would have won me included.

Then this will be one of the biggest fight if not the biggest fight since Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Let's hope it push through to see which mouth is louder during the press conference.  Grin

I think this will be one of the biggest fight in the history, I will go for Floyd Mayweather over McGregor. It's obviously Mayweather will use the ring and will not engage too much against to Mcgregor. You know Floyd will not stake his 49-0 for nothing, when this fight happens, obviously he will use and control the ring just what he did when he fought Manny Pacquiao.

Yes, I agree, Mayweather will defeat Connor. Easy fight for Floyd. We all know how Floyd's fight so its up, but I'm sure this will be sold out and PPV record numbers in the making. And for all we know, they are all in the business of making money. 50-0 for Mayweather here.
This is a PPV record breaker for sure, it will never be surpassed, no other fight can ever come any close, you would need something ridiculous like Barack Obama vs Donald Trump to surpass Mayweather vs McGregor in terms of sales.

I LOL'ed at the Barack Obama vs Donald Trump thing. Hmm. I may have wondered if this can broke Mayweather-Pacquiao PPV record? If my memory serves me right. Connor vs Diaz 2 and Lesner vs Mir holds the record with 1.6M buys. while May vs Pac does 4M. The most I estimate if ever they fight is to double the current record of UFC which I put around 3.2M only. Still far the record. IMHO.

This will crush the May vs Pac record for sure, 5 million tickets minimum, possibly something huge like 10 million. May vs Conor will be the highest selling fight ever, I doubt it will ever be topped.

This is two martial arts discipline. Boxing and MMA. Both have a solid following. The fight will promoted globally and we know how Ireland loves Connor. Similar to what England has done to Ricky Hatton in boxing. And a lot of casual boxing fans love to watch Mayweather lost, so they will be buying as well together with the hard core fans. With that said, it can break May vs Pac PPV records.
legendary

I think happening. He says Mayweather-McGregor will be only crossover fight so this means it's happening. Anyone that took a bet for the fight happening would have won me included.

Then this will be one of the biggest fight if not the biggest fight since Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Let's hope it push through to see which mouth is louder during the press conference.  Grin

I think this will be one of the biggest fight in the history, I will go for Floyd Mayweather over McGregor. It's obviously Mayweather will use the ring and will not engage too much against to Mcgregor. You know Floyd will not stake his 49-0 for nothing, when this fight happens, obviously he will use and control the ring just what he did when he fought Manny Pacquiao.

Yes, I agree, Mayweather will defeat Connor. Easy fight for Floyd. We all know how Floyd's fight so its up, but I'm sure this will be sold out and PPV record numbers in the making. And for all we know, they are all in the business of making money. 50-0 for Mayweather here.
This is a PPV record breaker for sure, it will never be surpassed, no other fight can ever come any close, you would need something ridiculous like Barack Obama vs Donald Trump to surpass Mayweather vs McGregor in terms of sales.

I LOL'ed at the Barack Obama vs Donald Trump thing. Hmm. I may have wondered if this can broke Mayweather-Pacquiao PPV record? If my memory serves me right. Connor vs Diaz 2 and Lesner vs Mir holds the record with 1.6M buys. while May vs Pac does 4M. The most I estimate if ever they fight is to double the current record of UFC which I put around 3.2M only. Still far the record. IMHO.

This will crush the May vs Pac record for sure, 5 million tickets minimum, possibly something huge like 10 million. May vs Conor will be the highest selling fight ever, I doubt it will ever be topped.

legendary
So if the Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather fight ends up the same where Conor cannot break the barrier of Floyd and then have 12 rounds of nothing then this will be another overhyped and boring fight, right. The people will say it is Conor's fault because he cannot hit Floyd.

That was the whole point. I do not care who's fault it is.

Haha me as well. The point is it would be a very boring fight indeed. Yet i also still dont care i still want to get the chance if conors fight outside the octagon.

You are absolutely right, but let's not deprive ourselves of some profits (Bitcoins or fiat) even if they sell a poor fight just like the way most boxers make the money and still sell the boring fights.

I would of course still somehow consider the high possibility that mayweather would really brought a boring fight(duh we all know how he does his money making/boring fight most of the time) still i am hoping for a good shot from the crazy muffin mcooner

It's great news that this fight will happen, we are all indeed hoping that McGregor has a lucky strike and manages to KO him, and if he KO's him, it will be a historic moment.

If not, well, Mayweather can retire with a perfect 50-0 record and continue living a dream life.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
So if the Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather fight ends up the same where Conor cannot break the barrier of Floyd and then have 12 rounds of nothing then this will be another overhyped and boring fight, right. The people will say it is Conor's fault because he cannot hit Floyd.

That was the whole point. I do not care who's fault it is.

Haha me as well. The point is it would be a very boring fight indeed. Yet i also still dont care i still want to get the chance if conors fight outside the octagon.

You are absolutely right, but let's not deprive ourselves of some profits (Bitcoins or fiat) even if they sell a poor fight just like the way most boxers make the money and still sell the boring fights.

I would of course still somehow consider the high possibility that mayweather would really brought a boring fight(duh we all know how he does his money making/boring fight most of the time) still i am hoping for a good shot from the crazy muffin mcooner
legendary

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think like you, I think they will come out for show purposes. But since everything is for the money, I think Mayweather will win in this game if I am not mistaken. But for the time being I can hardly say anything clearly, even when they explain, they have both declared war on each other. I do not think it's going to be that easy for money.

Well it's going to be quite a boring fight not very much suited to the style of mcgregor and if it happens i think mayweather would easily frustrate connor with his superb technical skills. And i agree that this would all be for promotional purposes as they promoters would cash in a huge amoubnt in their paychecks if ever this pushes through
Activity: 1666
Merit: 529
I think like you, I think they will come out for show purposes. But since everything is for the money, I think Mayweather will win in this game if I am not mistaken. But for the time being I can hardly say anything clearly, even when they explain, they have both declared war on each other. I do not think it's going to be that easy for money.

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

Then this will be one of the biggest fight if not the biggest fight since Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Let's hope it push through to see which mouth is louder during the press conference.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Do you guys really think that this fight will happen?
The whole thing looks a little off to me, why would that old Boxer try to go inside a ring with a UFC fighter? The whole thing just seems like a WWE episode.
If Mayweather goes into the Octagon with the other guy then Mayweather will lose. As for Boxing, I am pretty sure that Mcgregor will lose the match.
People watch pretty much anything on T.V nowadays.

Fight will happen 100% guaranteed at this point. Mayweather wants it because he needs some extra money. Conor wants it because he can make more money than he will in any other fight. Dana has now switched position and he thinks it will happen. It's on!!
Pages:
Jump to: