Pages:
Author

Topic: >>JOIN<< The BITCOIN FORUM METAVERSE Art Project with BTC Artist 1Dq - page 8. (Read 3941 times)

Activity: 2013
Merit: 392
Cryptoshi Blockomoto
Let me kick-off this topic by sharing my thoughts. Since this is an evolving artwork, and the scope is to update it to depict the "Bitcoin forum’s 15th Anniversary", my opinion is not to permanently remove things, but rather to evolve them to represent the current status. (ok sometimes you/we might need to remove items to add new ones since the artwork space/area is limited)

Let me provide an example of the coldkeys/Yogg situation. In the other topic, we slightly discussed this, and I clearly understand the Krog's point of view, to remove all references to Yogg from the artwork. My opinion is that Yogg was (and still is) part of the forum history and -somehow- should still be included in the artwork. Hence instead of totally removing it, we should adapt it to the current situation.

Suggestion: At the part where it is written "Coldkeys", we should cross with an "X" (graffiti style) the word "Coldkeys" (the word should be still readable afterward), and replace it with "Icarus" (also graffiti style). Like someone went there with a graffiti can, crossed the "coldkeys" sign & wrote "Icarus" on the side (probably on top, inside the square to the left of the "collectibles" sign?).

Also, concerning the robot with the "Y" on the head (next to Krog robot), we could totally remove it from there and do the following: you can create a rubbish dump/rusty robot parts landfill and among some rusty robots spare parts laying around (hands, feet etc.) there would also be a robot head (with the "Y" mark)

Tl;dr:  We should evolve the artwork, by still preserving the past (since the past is still part of the history)
1Dq
copper member
Activity: 374
Merit: 1055
Bitcoin Artist

WELCOME TO THE BITCOIN FORUM “METAVERSE” ARTWORK THREAD!

Hello.

I'm 1Dq, this forum’s dedicated Bitcoin artist that made these:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-original-artworks-by-1dq-5216743

Besides creating quality Bitcoin-related art I also like working with different kinds of people.
In 2019 I started the first BTCtalk’s collective project in which we put our minds and efforts together and
(continuing in 2024) created Bitcollector.
It was all about gathering Bitcoin physical artifacts and artworks and about the person collecting them.

The project culminated in a canvas painting and 21 prints.
They were all well accepted and successfully auctioned.
Our first project Bitcollector showed us that we can cooperate and have fun discussions that produce a quality product.
Today, we begin our second and bigger project to go a step or two further.

I INVITE YOU TO JOIN

Bitcoin forum’s 2nd collective artwork (work)titled

BITCOIN FORUM METAVERSE

22nd November 2024 is Bitcoin forum’s 15th Anniversary.

This board has not gotten enough credit for all it has contributed, developed, researched, educated and otherwise done for everybody it connects.
I propose to make a visual representation of everything it means to us in the form of a big, detailed painting.
It will serve as a monument in this time and can help people identify, glorify, connect and celebrate this place we are all co-creating every day.
This artwork can be used for any of BTCtalk’s 15th anniversary events!

For basis, we can use my digital artwork, I created for BTCtalk’s 10th anniversary artwork competition:

10 Years of Constructing the Future, 2019, Photoshop, max res 3000x4000pix

I painted the Bitcoin forum as a futuristic world that is under permanent construction.
In the background is the huge tower that stretches towards the skies and has a big BTC on its side.
Below it are the (robot) inhabitants, doing their forumy things, from trading, discussing, educating, collecting… In the bottom right is Theymos, overlooking things.

It was a fun and successful image (second in the contest if I remember correctly), but would need to be redone and updated.
As far as materials go, I’d paint our motif with acrylics on a comfortable-sized canvas (maybe around 60x80cm, 22,6″x31,4″).

Besides the canvas and ideally more important would be the prints, that would be affordable to everyone.
Bitcollector gave a good example of how to do them, so I’d go with that only on a larger scale!

Conceptually, above artwork is just a starting point.
With everybody’s ideas and knowledge it can be completely redone and that’s where the fun begins!

WHAT IS OUR TASK?

We need to rebuild my 5 year old artwork from ground up into an updated, more relevant, bigger and better painting.

Ideas should be freely discussed, combined and incorporated into our soon to be living concept.

My job will be to first curate the discussion and then visualize what we have brainstormed.
Can’t wait to do it too.  Grin

To begin, I suggest everybody ask themselves questions such as:

What got me on this board and why I stayed here?
What do I love most about it?
What have I learned here?
How do I visualize my existence here?
What does this forum remind me of?
What are the most meaningful facts about BTCtalk?
Is there anything I don’t like here and what is it?
What question do I want to ask everybody here?

Most importantly, fire away and comment, share and ask whatever you want!

HOW AND WHEN ARE WE DOING THIS?

I propose to track the project (again) in 5 phases:

PHASE 1 (July, August): Brainstorming all kinds of different ideas, from conceptual, to details, promotion, title, style...

NOW>> PHASE 2 (late July, August): I start visualizing our rough concept through one or more digital sketches.
We evaluate these together until we come to a consensus for how we'd like the finished artwork to appear.
We also determine in what way my work and the effort of all included will be rewarded and how the artwork and prints will be sold.

PHASE 3 (September, October): I work on the actual artwork, updating you regularly. We promote the project to all interested, especially on Btctalk.
Changes might still be made to final artwork.

PHASE 4 (October, November): The finished artwork and prints are put on sale/auctions/raffles and/or other means of distribution for compensation.

PHASE 5 (November, December): Final act of the project when we evaluate it and debate developing future projects.

The moment this thread was posted, we have started PHASE 1!

HOW DOES ONE JOIN THE PROJECT AND WHAT DOES JOINING MEAN?

You join simply by contributing something useful in this thread (or if you wish privately via DM).
It can be through ideas, technical tips or some other help about the concept, the execution, this thread or anything you feel like commenting.

Anyone that will contribute a useful post will be granted some merit (usually 1-3)
and might get some sort of a bonus in the end like free shipping for a print they buy.

Top contributors will get their nicknames incorporated into the artwork’s unique visual code,
that you can check on Bitcollectors bottom left corner (more about the code later).

PROMOTION

To make this project big and artwork truly epic, I think we should invite everybody from all parts of this forum to come join,
or at least take a peek at what we are developing.
I wouldn’t limit this to members of this forum, this can be a good opportunity to draft new people here,
especially since this artwork will embody this forum’s greatness!

And I’d also ask our admins for help.
It would be awesome if we could get a shoutout on the news bracket!
If anyone can help with that, please let us know.

TLDR;

I'm painting a new artwork and you are invited to join in its brainstorming.
We will redo my 5 year old digital artwork (scroll above) into a new acrylics on canvas.
We are visualizing this forum as a futuristic world with a lot of flavorful detail.
You participate by sharing ideas on what exactly to visualize from the overall atmosphere to details.
By 22th November, the canvas and prints will be sold and we will celebrate BTCtalk's 15th anniversary.

Cheers!

Pages:
Jump to: