Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9 - page 10. (Read 4902 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0
Hello again,

I am not sure if you covered this issue before, but only to be sure, this whole venture is about which batch? In the screenshot a few posts back the person from Bitmain mentions the March batch, I am secretly hoping for a January batch, so as to have the units in hand asap.

Thank you very much for clearing that up

Jan
Activity: 12
Hi, just signed up for 50 units if the price and details hold up.
I require shipment to the UK as well.

Good luck
Activity: 24
I would be interested in purchasing one please. UK based. thankyou.
Activity: 39
I would be interested in 20 units incl. PSU.
You wrote the shipping to the US would take 30 days, please specify your process - from Bitmain to your location in China and then to you? Because for me it would be useless have it shipped to US when I need it in Europe.

As for the payment, if you provide an invoice and can accept payment via T/T in USD, it's OK for me. Also the invoice would have to state your final price including your margin + the shipping/handling costs. I would prefer T/T than in BTC or BCC.

Let me know through PM or publicly here in this thread about the development with the payment.

Please specify the expected date of delivery from Bitmain to your location in China.

Looking forward to your reply

Jan

Hi, I'll answer publicly since I'm flooded with private messages.

Currently there are ~200 units accounted for on the list.
I will choose an escrow service on Monday and let you know the payment details.
Yes we send an invoice and the payment will be in USD to the escrow company, who will than transfer the money directly to Bitmain.
The shipment will be from Bitmain to my warehouse in HK (it's cheaper to send to HK than Shenzhen since we avoid local VAT this way).
Delivery should take no more than 2 days to HK.
Then we will split the order and send the required amount to the San Francisco in one air shipment. This will take about 10 days, not 30.
From SF some people already indicated that they will pick up their units personally, others asked for USPS or UPS.
For individuals out side of the USA we can simply ship directly from HK to your location. We can estimate the shipping cost once you provide the number of units you require and your shipping address in the google forms sheet I added a couple posts back.

I would like to have units shipped from your warehouse in HK directly to me. I am from UK. There is no point to take them to US and back again to UK.
We can do that. Just write it in the comment when/if you sign up.
I assumed most people are from the US, but we will split the shipment in HK so we can send it where ever is needed.
Activity: 85
I would be interested in 20 units incl. PSU.
You wrote the shipping to the US would take 30 days, please specify your process - from Bitmain to your location in China and then to you? Because for me it would be useless have it shipped to US when I need it in Europe.

As for the payment, if you provide an invoice and can accept payment via T/T in USD, it's OK for me. Also the invoice would have to state your final price including your margin + the shipping/handling costs. I would prefer T/T than in BTC or BCC.

Let me know through PM or publicly here in this thread about the development with the payment.

Please specify the expected date of delivery from Bitmain to your location in China.

Looking forward to your reply

Jan
Activity: 30
I pmed you, but never heard back. I would be interested in 2.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I would like to have units shipped from your warehouse in HK directly to me. I am from UK. There is no point to take them to US and back again to UK.
Same for me.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I signed up, keep us updated (escrow is a must).
Activity: 2
Hi I'm in for sure, loom forward to updates, 1-4 if you can accommodate
Hi all.
I finally got the official quote and contracts from bitmain.

Screenshots of the last email excahnges are here:
https://ibb.co/eJ2mwb
https://ibb.co/d06qNG

The price I'm getting is USD 2295/unit and PSU APW3++ is USD100/unit
I will add $50/unit for my time. So total price per machine + power supply is 2445 before shipping.

Those of you who want to buy 200 or more - you do not need to do it through me. DM me and I will introduce you to the contact person in Bitmain. 200 is the minimum dealer order so you can do it directly through them.
They did promise me an earlier delivery due to the high quantity (500 units).
Shipping from SZ to my warehouse in HK is expected March 15-30. Shipping to the US will take 10 more days after that.

Payment terms:
I tried to pressure them to receive payments directly from multiple accounts, but they don't agree.
I will keep trying in my next call with them tomorrow.
If they don't agree to take payments directly, I will have to manage it all via my LLC in San Francisco. I completely understand if you don't feel comfortable with buying via a 3rd party you don't know. If that's the case, please don't sign up yet and drop me a line saying you are in IF we manage to convince them to take payments directly.
If you happen to live in the bay area, you are welcome to come meet me in person in the next couple of weeks, I'm in SF until Jan 30.

Contract
We will have a signed contract with my US based company stating pretty much what I wrote in this post. I will guarantee that the payment is transferred in full to bitmain and the shipping is handled with care, but I will not be liable for any delays from bitmain's side.   

Shipping
To save on shipping time / cost, we will ship all the units to San Francisco in bulk first by air. (sea shipment will take 30 days).
Once the units arrive in my office in SF, you can either show up in person and pick them up, or have me ship it to you via USPS.
If you pick the units up in person, you only need to pay the shipping from HK to US (We're working on getting the exact quote now).
If you need us to ship the units to anywhere else in the world, you can simply pick whatever works for you and pay the exact shipping cost depending on your location and shipping preference.

Hosting
If you would like me to host your machines in my facility in China, we still have ~50 spots avilable. The factory is located in:
Address:深圳龙华新区三联村墩背工业区2号星宝MotiB 2楼 尼摩电动工具有限公司               No.2 DunBei Industrial District SanLian, LongHua new district,               Shenzhen,Guangdong,China,Zip code: 518109
(2 hours by train from Hong Kong)

I will charge a flat fee of $120 per month per machine. You will not pay for electricity rent or any commissions. We will simply point the machines to whatever pool you choose. There will be 1 full time IT guy who can setup your machines in whatever way you instruct him. You can also ask for the machines to be sent to you at any point (in which case you'll need to pay for shipping).
Visiting the facility is fine as long as you let us know a few days in advance.

Signup:
Signing up using this google spreadsheet is not a commitment to purchase, but please only signup if you are absolutely serious about buying. If we can't get the 500 units commitment due to last minute cancellations, this group buy may not happen.

Signup form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScwNl4lqTq7m-LkcC2xJ4PUqS70IcuzOEehgQ1AZv1K40mBzQ/viewform
brand new
Activity: 0
I'm interested in 20 units.
Activity: 10
I would like to purchase 100-200
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
I've been searching everywhere for 15 s9's.
So if you can come up with them I'm in and can fly to china to complete the transaction. 

Same here. I need 40 Antminer S9 and willing to fly to China next day. Anyone having stock let me know.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Although this guy is in China and has resources, he has zero experience dealing with bitmain or even with mining in general. No offense here, but I'm not sure he'll be able to pull this out.
Bitmain is not some kind of alienesque entity, it's a business and they want to sell a product. If the man is who he claim he is (which is easily verifiable once the deal is confirmed) he has experience in dealing with suppliers and do business in China.

Nimo already managed to get in contact with Bitmain's rep which is not something retail would be able to do, so I'd give him credit before shitting on the group buy.

My only concern is that he kinda disappeared, an update of sort would be appreciated.

Proof because he claims he got off the phone with them? Sounds convincing
Activity: 1
In for atleast 2 in USA assuming payment is via escrow
Activity: 10
Although this guy is in China and has resources, he has zero experience dealing with bitmain or even with mining in general. No offense here, but I'm not sure he'll be able to pull this out.
Bitmain is not some kind of alienesque entity, it's a business and they want to sell a product. If the man is who he claim he is (which is easily verifiable once the deal is confirmed) he has experience in dealing with suppliers and do business in China.

Nimo already managed to get in contact with Bitmain's rep which is not something retail would be able to do, so I'd give him credit before shitting on the group buy.

My only concern is that he kinda disappeared, an update of sort would be appreciated.

Activity: 1
I've been searching everywhere for 15 s9's.
So if you can come up with them I'm in and can fly to china to complete the transaction. 
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Let me repeat this:

Exactly. Only deal with reputable forum members in these type of transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: