Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9 - page 8. (Read 4902 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Hello,

I'm interested, at least a few.
Activity: 1
Put me down for 2 in the southeast US.  Props for doing this!
Activity: 8
I am signing up for 4 units, perhaps 5 including the APW3++.  Thanks for doing this, as I just tried to buy those units direct and the batch sold out in less than 5 minutes.
Activity: 112
Merit: 6
A newbie account contacted me about getting 1,000 miners plus from someone BESIDES Bitmain...which I thought MAYBE proved

they were NOT precisely a scam, or at least approaching me from a different direction.....for phishing..

unclear on the flavor of ASIC they were pursuing....sha-256/scrypt-pow or x11 (which I told them to stay away from IMHO)

Anyway, essentially, I know of NONE in the way of ASIC miners, that I could get 1,000 units from with any hope ...Baikal is too high priced

and would blow up on the attempt of 1,000 orders....pandaminer same, pinidea nope....prices would kill even if they could do the volume IMHO

Unless I'm mistaken, assuming legitness of them from brief pm ..they are SOL..there is NO one anymore with the capacity I know of

to get them 1,000 units of anything (which again I think is likely fishing me...but what the heck) ..even if it is by around April 2018.

anyway, what struck me was the number 1,000 and how completely Bitmain owns ASIC mining now .......if they are legit again they are SOL

and I kinda (nicely) informed them of such Sad Anyway, an interesting thought on HOW such a thing could even be done, w/o Bitmain units now...

my conclusion was NOPE! Sad

I don't understand what you are saying at all.
Activity: 10
A newbie account contacted me about getting 1,000 miners plus from someone BESIDES Bitmain...which I thought MAYBE proved

they were NOT precisely a scam, or at least approaching me from a different direction.....for phishing..

unclear on the flavor of ASIC they were pursuing....sha-256/scrypt-pow or x11 (which I told them to stay away from IMHO)

Anyway, essentially, I know of NONE in the way of ASIC miners, that I could get 1,000 units from with any hope ...Baikal is too high priced

and would blow up on the attempt of 1,000 orders....pandaminer same, pinidea nope....prices would kill even if they could do the volume IMHO

Unless I'm mistaken, assuming legitness of them from brief pm ..they are SOL..there is NO one anymore with the capacity I know of

to get them 1,000 units of anything (which again I think is likely fishing me...but what the heck) ..even if it is by around April 2018.

anyway, what struck me was the number 1,000 and how completely Bitmain owns ASIC mining now .......if they are legit again they are SOL

and I kinda (nicely) informed them of such Sad Anyway, an interesting thought on HOW such a thing could even be done, w/o Bitmain units now...

I'm not sure if you are serious but there are few more options that you did not mention: Canaan, Ebang and Bitfury.

Bitfury in particular is ideal  for large investors because they gather an industrial mining audience. Their minimum order is 2mil USD and their machines are top quality.
Activity: 85
For me it's important to have the transport covered as much as possible.

First search result on Google:

https://www.tiptrans.com/package-forwarding

This is actually very useful.

First shipping comparison made out DHL as the cheapest solution by far (compared to FedEx and UPS). I think Nimo mentioned UPS in his posts.

@Nimo
I know it's still a bit early, but would your ground personnel in HK (or wherever you will be shipping from in the end) mind to get estimates from the major logistics companies? Including shipping, tracking and insurance.

As each S9 unit weights 5,5 Kg and the PSU is 3 Kg, we can round it up to 9 Kg incl. packaging. So with all the above mentioned companies, it will be handled as a heavy parcel.

An estimate per each 10 Kg would be useful, so everyone can calculate their expences upfront.
Activity: 4
For me it's important to have the transport covered as much as possible.

First search result on Google:

https://www.tiptrans.com/package-forwarding
Activity: 182
While I want to believe Nimo's offer is legit and I try not to imagine the worse whenever I see an opportunity, I've been wondering about what sort of guarantee we could set up. While the escrow is one side of the story (i.e. make sure the supplier gets his million), how can we make sure the goods would actually be shipped to us in the end?

Nimo, would you find it acceptable if the miners were delivered directly to a parcel forwarding company in China or HK? Or possibly DHL/Fedex/Whatever, I assume they'd be happy to do some custom service to make four hundred times 50 bucks.

People, what do you think of this?

Hi my name is Ken,

located  in Toronto,

Sounds like something I could be interested in.

Please email

[email protected]
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

Activity: 2
Is this still a go? I’m interested as well!
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
A thief trying to scam be careful

my name is

philipma1957   = real
philippma1957 = fake

please tag the fake
and I am NOT doing escrow

So

How many units for east coast?

If I get a direct shipment from  Hong Kong it will be say 20  or more pieces that is way over 2500usd.

Which means 3% Import

And if  I re-ship each piece would be 30-40 with proper insurance.

So 2445 a unit add 75 for import tax  is 2520 and 30 - 40 re ship makes it too costly.

I think I will pass
I would like to purchase one, USA.
Activity: 6
I emailed everyone on the email list about this. Hope nobody sent any money to this guy.
Thanks for the heads up.

I added my name to the list interested in 10 units.
Activity: 2
hi nimo

i am from toronto and i would like to partake in this group buy

i am interested in 5 units
Just added 5 to the signup (first post here), also in NJ. Would be happy to have the units sent to a single east coast location and then farmed out appropriately via Philipma.

Can you address how warranty issues would be handled?
Activity: 9
I’m n for 50
Activity: 39
I emailed everyone on the email list about this. Hope nobody sent any money to this guy.
Thanks for the heads up.
Activity: 39
Hi Nimo, Just to let you know i received a PM from a suspicious account that has 0 posts and "suspicious" username similar to yours. Can you please check and report if spam.

https://imgur.com/a/9NhyS

wow, this is hardcore - makes me want to puke, the web admins SHOULD do something about this

Yeah, its really really annoying.. Can't imagine how many people have been burned in these situations by these scammers.

That account is NOT MINE.
Do not send any money to this guy. We don't yet have an escrow in place and and the list is still not completed (still missing ~50 to make it to the 500 mark).

When we do finish setting up the list we will inform you via Email and send the full documents and escrow terms.

Admins should check who opened this account and delete it / ban the IP.
My phone number is (415) 347-5970 and I'm currently in PST time zone. If you're unsure about something, CALL ME before transferring any money related to this group buy.

Hi Nimo, Just to let you know i received a PM from a suspicious account that has 0 posts and "suspicious" username similar to yours. Can you please check and report if spam.

https://imgur.com/a/9NhyS

wow, this is hardcore - makes me want to puke, the web admins SHOULD do something about this

Yeah, its really really annoying.. Can't imagine how many people have been burned in these situations by these scammers.
Pages:
Jump to: