Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9 - page 12. (Read 4902 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
I gather if everyone is piling in on units...

Is this guy going thru someone on bitcointalk with legit escrow?

just asking.....not a slam..just a precaution...I'd assume is being taken on this thread

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I need 50 units
Activity: 13
Hey, I am interested in about 50 units
Activity: 3
I'm interested in 4 units.

Thanks
Activity: 262
Merit: 11
<<<-----( )----->>>
Would be interested in 10-20 pcs.  Keep us updated.  At point of purchase, you should be able to use Escrow.  Of course you deserve some payment for floating that much fiat.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
We are interested in 150-200 units. Ready to pay and see the goods as soon as possible.

cReepas
Activity: 684
Merit: 19
Hi Mr. Nimo Rotem,

Thank you for your time and effort to organize this group-buy, I am grateful for it because it is very hard to get S9 miners unless paying extortionate price.

Looking forward to your good news!

Thanks and regards,
Steve

Activity: 39
This is my previous correspondence with the rep. I'll call again to pressure for the written quote ASAP. Thanks for your patience, hope I can pull this off soon.

https://i.imgur.com/nDaI25m.png
Activity: 39
Sent a pm on reddit where he also posted, saying i'm interested in 50-100 units, maybe more. That was 2 days ago. Haven't heard back yet...

-_-'

They are everywhere, like a plague  Angry

I think this nemo guy is legit, he already started out by saying that his intention is not to scam and he didn't ask for any payment in advance.

If this group buy succeeds, I think you and I we all owe him a favor.

Seriously hope this can materialize.

ps. I will probably fly to SZ in first week of Jan 2018. I have an vague idea where to get miners OTC in SZ, at retail price of course.

Hey sorry for the late replies here and on Reddit.. I'm a bit busy with non crypto related business, but I'll put the list together and get the details ASAP. I did get many messages here and on Reddit and I'll try to answer all of the messages soon.
I'll be in San Francisco during January but if anybody's interested to visit my power tools factory in Shenzhen, you're welcome to send a message and my staff will meet you and show you around. Take into account you won't see many machines there at this point, just a couple of S9 and some GPUs.

Thanks for the response, I'm doing my best to put this thing together.

Activity: 1
Also stopped lurking to create a post for this.  Seems like interest is really taking off, hopefully there is good forward progress.
Sent a pm on reddit where he also posted, saying i'm interested in 50-100 units, maybe more. That was 2 days ago. Haven't heard back yet...

-_-'

They are everywhere, like a plague  Angry

I think this nemo guy is legit, he already started out by saying that his intention is not to scam and he didn't ask for any payment in advance.

If this group buy succeeds, I think you and I we all owe him a favor.

Seriously hope this can materialize.

ps. I will probably fly to SZ in first week of Jan 2018. I have an vague idea where to get miners OTC in SZ, at retail price of course.

Activity: 2
I'm in. Interested in 20 - S9s.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175

-_-'

They are everywhere, like a plague  Angry
Activity: 8
Had to create an account after an eternity of lurking just for this message.

I might be interested in purchasing 240 units if I can get a confirmation by email or otherwise from bitmain and have my share be shipped to a warehouse of my choice in China.

You can contact me at admin[at]city[dot]life  (yup it's a .life)

Now we're talking  Grin
To OP, this request is worth pursuing, I guess.
Activity: 2
Had to create an account after an eternity of lurking just for this message.

I might be interested in purchasing 240 units if I can get a confirmation by email or otherwise from bitmain and have my share be shipped to a warehouse of my choice in China.

You can contact me at admin[at]city[dot]life  (yup it's a .life)
are you already mining at your factory ? a few pics of some machines that are already running would be nice

There you go.
BTW I'm not going to ask anybody to send me any money/BTC .. I'm talking to them about paying directly to Bitmain.
Gosh some people around here are cynical assholes.

I don't have 500 yet, but it's a start (:
In any case it doesn't seem like there is enough interest at this point to get this done.

Hi Nemo,

I'm interested in getting about 5-8 units.

If the price of S9 is hodling at usd2500.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
With a 100 units, you can expect some DOAs.  You'll gain experience dealing with Bitmain 'warranty' process.

I'd be willing to pay extra to have your IT staff unpack 'my' S9's, fire them up, configure them to run on your pool for a week or so and ship me only working units.  Your staff could chase Bitmain to get the DOAs replaced/repaired much more efficiently than I could from a different continent.

+1 here. I am puzzled about some people selling "new unpacked" hardware from Bitmain, are actually arguing when asked to open them and test them for me (a buyer). I actually value more an opened, slightly "used" miner than a grey box with big question mark inside it.
When I used to do early bird mining back in 2013-2014, I would open every single box, mine it for couple of minutes at least, or overnight if they would stay that long (when I was importing staff to sell to friends). And people were really thankful for that, not other way around like these days.
Activity: 86
Sounds like you'll need to build/allocate some sort of area to house the miner racks, provision AC power, exhaust hot air, etc..
any idea how much that will cost and what the hosting overhead might be?
Already have that covered for myself (100 units)
I have lots of space in my factory in China.
I'm no longer planning on hosting anybody else's machines though, it seems like alot of headache.
Still waiting on the official written quotes.. Will update as soon as I get it.

With a 100 units, you can expect some DOAs.  You'll gain experience dealing with Bitmain 'warranty' process.

I'd be willing to pay extra to have your IT staff unpack 'my' S9's, fire them up, configure them to run on your pool for a week or so and ship me only working units.  Your staff could chase Bitmain to get the DOAs replaced/repaired much more efficiently than I could from a different continent.
Activity: 112
Merit: 6
Mostly noobs willing to bend over and buy used miners ,wait months and pay top dollar for it.  Just be patience fellas bye the time these s9's ship there will be something better out.  Bitmain know this thats why there screwing people over so bad right now because they know its probably the last time they'll be able to do it before competition hits. 

i hope you are right, and i think you are.. im glad i didnt buy at that price.. i see ebang has posted that they have 10nm devices ready to ship jan 20th (not on sale yet, and also their description page shows 14nm, so im confused). we will see what happened. i ended up ordering one 741 but i may re-sell it depending on what comes out in Jan/Feb.
Pages:
Jump to: