Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9 - page 7. (Read 4902 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Update
I have 946 orders on the list. We called the bitmain contact and asked to bump up the order from 500 to 700 (I'm assuming many orders will fall through when we start collecting payments). They told my staff they will update them on Monday.
I was also invited to visit them in Beijing. I will probably fly over there with one of my staff after the Chinese new years.

If you signed up early or asked for a large quantity, we will probably have you covered.
We may not be able to supply to everybody though.

Shipping: Yesterday my logistics team went over the list and calculated the shipping costs and delivery time for every single person who signed up. I'll email you next week individually.
Bitmain will ship the bulk order to the warehouse in hong kong in Kwai Shun Industrial Centre, No. 51-63 Container Port Road, Kwai Chung, N.T

Shipping will take about 4 days to all locations (air shipment).
If you want to pick it up from the hong kong warehouse or arrange your own shipping, just email me about it.

Will keep you posted.

appreciate the transparency.  I am in for 6.
Update
I have 946 orders on the list. We called the bitmain contact and asked to bump up the order from 500 to 700 (I'm assuming many orders will fall through when we start collecting payments). They told my staff they will update them on Monday.
I was also invited to visit them in Beijing. I will probably fly over there with one of my staff after the Chinese new years.

If you signed up early or asked for a large quantity, we will probably have you covered.
We may not be able to supply to everybody though.

Shipping: Yesterday my logistics team went over the list and calculated the shipping costs and delivery time for every single person who signed up. I'll email you next week individually.
Bitmain will ship the bulk order to the warehouse in hong kong in Kwai Shun Industrial Centre, No. 51-63 Container Port Road, Kwai Chung, N.T

Shipping will take about 4 days to all locations (air shipment).
If you want to pick it up from the hong kong warehouse or arrange your own shipping, just email me about it.

Will keep you posted.

Activity: 5
I'm in for a minimum of 5. Will range from 5-20 depending on when the purchase happens.

Will be sending you a PM of my email and interest.
Activity: 85
Lol Bitmain

Today's flash sale took like 3-4 minutes. What's really mean, is they give like 1 hour notice +8 hours GMT difference  Grin

Edit: Even offered bank wire transfer in USD as a payment method  Shocked
Activity: 182
I'm sorry but the shipping situation still isn't clear/secure.
Activity: 30
Is situation with shipping has been clarified? I would like to have my units shipped from China to Europe. I don't want it to travel around the world for weeks, costing shipping fees.

Regarding shipping
I have a staff member in china currently going over the list and calculating the exact shipping cost.
It seems like it will cheaper to ship directly from HK to most places directly without going through SF.
Who ever selected the option of picking up the units from my office in SF - that's still an option of course.

We will email each person who signed up individually to let you know of the shipping cost we got for your specific order size and location.

I sent you a message about having mine hosted instead of you shipping it to me. Can you please check it? Thanks!
Regarding hosting I'll need to make sure I have space and will let you know.

Awesome. Thanks
Is situation with shipping has been clarified? I would like to have my units shipped from China to Europe. I don't want it to travel around the world for weeks, costing shipping fees.

Regarding shipping
I have a staff member in china currently going over the list and calculating the exact shipping cost.
It seems like it will cheaper to ship directly from HK to most places directly without going through SF.
Who ever selected the option of picking up the units from my office in SF - that's still an option of course.

We will email each person who signed up individually to let you know of the shipping cost we got for your specific order size and location.

I sent you a message about having mine hosted instead of you shipping it to me. Can you please check it? Thanks!
Regarding hosting I'll need to make sure I have space and will let you know.

Activity: 30

Regarding shipping

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
New thief  be careful

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/philippma1957-1606844

philippma1957

not me

~

please tag him

he sent pm's to at least one newbie thank god the newbie  sent me an email to check  the pm
he tried to scam about .145btc from him

Regarding shipping

Activity: 140
Merit: 17
I don't understand this thread. Bitmain doesn't have distributors because it doesn't want them. Yet what you are doing is mounting a distributor (of sorts). Hard to do business with a supplier that doesn't want you to exist.

Moreover, batches of S9s come online frequently, I bought one a few days ago. What's the point of all this?
Activity: 16
If anybody wants to send me a lead to an escrow that deals with international trade, your help will be highly appreciated.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcointalk-escrows-trade-safely-855778

It may be too large of an amount, but there are several highly trusted members on this forum who provide escrow. Typically on a miner or two between forum buyer and seller - so 800 may exceed their comfort range..... but may be worth an ask.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
@Nimo

It would be most practical to ask Bitmain, if the warranty is transferable. If you issue invoices through your LLC in the US to each and every member that signed up for this group buy, how will we get any warranty from Bitmain, if you are their customer? How will I prove to Bitmain, that I bought the units from you and that they should help me out if there are any issues with the Antminers?

As for the actuall warranty, remember, that they state 180 days (I believe) from the day the package has been transfered to the (*first) shipping company. So the point being, the actuall warranty period will have like 150 days.

Thanks

Warranty is given directly by bitmain. Not a problem. Each box has the warranty card in it.

The list is currently at 875 units, but I'm assuming many will fall through. I asked my contact in bitmain to bump up the order to 800. You should know though that if everybody who signed up on the google form actually orders, we wont be able to accommodate everyone. We'll simply go with whoever made a larger commitment and signed up early enough.

Currently calling / meeting with multiple escrow services. Unfortunately most Escrow services only do real estate. If anybody wants to send me a lead to an escrow that deals with international trade, your help will be highly appreciated.

Activity: 8
I just signed up for 4 with shipping to NC, USA.

Escrow payment via BTC or BCH, I assume?

Thank you for this!

Would be great, but highly unlikely. Most likely USD, but still depending on the escrow company according to an email from Nimo. 
Activity: 16
I just signed up for 4 with shipping to NC, USA.

Escrow payment via BTC or BCH, I assume?

Thank you for this!
Activity: 85
@Nimo

It would be most practical to ask Bitmain, if the warranty is transferable. If you issue invoices through your LLC in the US to each and every member that signed up for this group buy, how will we get any warranty from Bitmain, if you are their customer? How will I prove to Bitmain, that I bought the units from you and that they should help me out if there are any issues with the Antminers?

As for the actuall warranty, remember, that they state 180 days (I believe) from the day the package has been transfered to the (*first) shipping company. So the point being, the actuall warranty period will have like 150 days.

Thanks
Activity: 182
Let's have bitmain send 400 units (+100 to Nimo's place directly) to one DHL warehouse and arrange individual shipments. At $50 per unit, the cost is reasonable and the risk pretty small :-)
Activity: 2
Signed up for 1 but messaged you to change it to 2. I'm crossing my fingers that this group buy pulls through.
So

How many units for east coast?

If I get a direct shipment from  Hong Kong it will be say 20  or more pieces that is way over 2500usd.

Which means 3% Import

And if  I re-ship each piece would be 30-40 with proper insurance.

So 2445 a unit add 75 for import tax  is 2520 and 30 - 40 re ship makes it too costly.

I think I will pass
   Just for some clarification, you are not longer doing the eastcoast reshipping?
Pages:
Jump to: