Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9 - page 6. (Read 4902 times)

Activity: 262
Merit: 11
<<<-----( )----->>>
Nemo, Any update on your progress?
Activity: 112
Merit: 6
+1 it seems we are going to need to trust and not sure how I feel about that. I would come meet you Nimo but I'm in FL
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Several of you already met me in SF and I have a couple meetings tomorrow. Whoever still wants to drop by and look at the papers / list / logistic plan is welcome to ping me this week and come.

We have 962 miners accounted for. I'm waiting to get a confirmation about exactly how many we can get.

Can you share, who have visited you?
Whoever visited Nimo, can they confirm that they have seen you? Please just reply here that you've seen with OP in person.
Please do it, for sake of all of us, because without trust this group deal may fall through.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
@Dragospd

Hello, you can input CN as the origin and also the county where the units will be shipped from.

No difference in the percentage, still 0%
Activity: 4
If anyone is concerned about the EU import tax with customs authorities in (NOT VAT), I sent an email to the general customs department in Prague, requiring the correct import designation code (as what type of goods the miners are supposed to be presented to the customs authority) and the amount in % the EU authorities will ask.

I have an update about this topic.

I have an official statement in hand that states, that the Antminers should be designated under the code HS 8471490000.

Which basically means:
=================
Automatic data-processing machines and units thereof; magnetic or optical readers, machines for transcribing data onto data media in coded form and machines for processing such data, not elsewhere specified or included
- Other automatic data-processing machines
- - Other, presented in the form of systems

The tax duty in EU is 0%.

Can send the statement to anyone, is in Czech language, though. But I am sure you won't have any issues with the customs department, if you label the miners under the HS code stated above.

Don't forget, you need the certification and import declaration for the PSU as well, incl. their CE & FCC certificates.

Do you mean:

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/measures.jsp?Lang=en&Taric=8471490000&EndPub=&Domain=TARIC&MeasText=&Offset=0&Area=&ShowMatchingGoods=&callbackuri=CBU-2&Regulation=&LangDescr=en&MeasType=&textSearch=&StartPub=&SimDate=20180110&measStartDat=&OrderNum=&GoodsText=&search_text=goods&ExpandAll=&measEndDat=

Can't see China though...
@Nimo

Escrow process

There are several aspects of the Escrow process that are unclear to me, Nimo. I know you are currently searching for a suitable escrow provider, so you still have enough time to set everything up correctly.

I came into contact with escrow.com, about a different issue, but they seem to be very flexible and eager to get their hands on an accompanying fee, of course Wink

Please let me know how YOU imagine the escrow process stages will happen.

What I imagine:

1. You send out invoices under your LLC inviting everyone to sign in (to an escrow) as a buyer, with you as the sole seller.
2. The escrow will collect into their account according to your issued invoices, in a set timeframe.

(I got in touch with escrow.com about the issue - how long can an escrow operation stay open. Their answer was for 3 years, afterwards, they will charge some extra fees.)

3. You check if all the amounts were paid in full.

... but then what???

The options on a typical escrow are to hold the funds until the buyers receives the goods. Then there is a set of options that can follow, release the funds to you when:
a) shipping documents (of DHL, or which ever courier) are transfered to the escrow
b) the buyer receives the goods and has a certain amount of time to inturn inform the escrow that everything in order and they then release the funds to you.

I also imagine, that you won't fork out 2500x700 units out of your own pocket just waiting for the the payments to arrive (or not to arrive).

I also guess there will be some duds or bad units inside the batch, that will fail during testing, etc., and you could thereby get stuck dealing with a) some returns and b) declined (unreleased) funds by the escrow.

Am not sure if you thought this whole thing through. Or maybe you have and are simply waiting what the escrow says and how we, as a group will than react to the news.

take care

Jan
If anyone is concerned about the EU import tax with customs authorities in (NOT VAT), I sent an email to the general customs department in Prague, requiring the correct import designation code (as what type of goods the miners are supposed to be presented to the customs authority) and the amount in % the EU authorities will ask.

I have an update about this topic.

I have an official statement in hand that states, that the Antminers should be designated under the code HS 8471490000.

Which basically means:
=================
Automatic data-processing machines and units thereof; magnetic or optical readers, machines for transcribing data onto data media in coded form and machines for processing such data, not elsewhere specified or included
- Other automatic data-processing machines
- - Other, presented in the form of systems

The tax duty in EU is 0%.

Can send the statement to anyone, is in Czech language, though. But I am sure you won't have any issues with the customs department, if you label the miners under the HS code stated above.

Don't forget, you need the certification and import declaration for the PSU as well, incl. their CE & FCC certificates.
Activity: 182
can you please update us on escrow and shipping? at this point we will have to be highly trusting in you as they are going to from bitmain to your warehouse and then shipped to all of us or possible even stopping again before coming to us
This.

Again, why wouldn't you have the 700 pieces delivered to DHL HK directly?
I guess deal with Bitmain is that they ship to one address. This address has to be OP warehouse address.
Otherwise we would just buy it from Bitmain outselves.
Yes, they require a single payment and a single address to ship to. Shipping to HK is the easiest option.
...which is completely in line with my proposal of having all units shipped to a DHL HK warehouse or any parcel forwarding company!
Activity: 16
Thank you for the updates, Nemo.
Activity: 1
Latest update from bitmain

https://ibb.co/gaqPnR

Put me down for one single unit. I sent you a text message about it as well. Thanks for your help.
Activity: 5

I completely missed that one! Cheesy Doesn't help that Bitmain doesn't have any newsletter or anything. Now I subscribed to their Twitter via SMS notifications :>

Had about an hours notice from the sale which was a bummer, wasn't expecting them to have a batch right after the last weeks. Few friends were able to snatch a few before they sold out.
Activity: 6
can you please update us on escrow and shipping? at this point we will have to be highly trusting in you as they are going to from bitmain to your warehouse and then shipped to all of us or possible even stopping again before coming to us
This.

I guess deal with Bitmain is that they ship to one address. This address has to be OP warehouse address.

Yes, they require a single payment and a single address to ship to. Shipping to HK is the easiest option. Shipping to my factory address in china would actually be more expensive since we would have to pay VAT.
In the HK warehouse we will split it according to the list and ship right away directly to every person who ordered. We will not be doing multiple bulk shipments to the east coast / west coast and split again there since we found out it will not save any money on shipping and just add more complication.
So If you ordered 2 miners, your miners will arrive with the main bulk order to the HK warehouse and shipped from there directly to you (which will take around 4 days).
Payment for shipping will be directly to the shipping company in HK, but we will be there with them to split the order and make sure everything goes smoothly.
We can write any value you choose on the box to make sure it goes through customs smoothly. You can also buy insurance for your shipment.
Warranty is given by bitmain directly. There is a warranty card in each box (they confirmed this point in writing).

Still looking for an Escrow solution. If anybody wants to send me a lead to a company that can handle it, it would help a lot. Currently all the escrow companies we spoke / met with refused to do it. They usually handle real estate deals.

Several of you already met me in SF and I have a couple meetings tomorrow. Whoever still wants to drop by and look at the papers / list / logistic plan is welcome to ping me this week and come.

We have 962 miners accounted for. I'm waiting to get a confirmation about exactly how many we can get.

Thanks for the update!
Activity: 7
Could you please tell the quote in RMB for one miners shipping to your Shen Zhen factory ?

I just signed up for 5 with shipping to Shanghai China.

thanks a lot
Activity: 266
Merit: 13

Hopefully Bitmain can fulfill this order. I added my name to the list
Activity: 39

https://ibb.co/gaqPnR
Activity: 39
This.

Yes, they require a single payment and a single address to ship to. Shipping to HK is the easiest option. Shipping to my factory address in china would actually be more expensive since we would have to pay VAT.
In the HK warehouse we will split it according to the list and ship right away directly to every person who ordered. We will not be doing multiple bulk shipments to the east coast / west coast and split again there since we found out it will not save any money on shipping and just add more complication.
So If you ordered 2 miners, your miners will arrive with the main bulk order to the HK warehouse and shipped from there directly to you (which will take around 4 days).
Payment for shipping will be directly to the shipping company in HK, but we will be there with them to split the order and make sure everything goes smoothly.
We can write any value you choose on the box to make sure it goes through customs smoothly. You can also buy insurance for your shipment.
Warranty is given by bitmain directly. There is a warranty card in each box (they confirmed this point in writing).

Still looking for an Escrow solution. If anybody wants to send me a lead to a company that can handle it, it would help a lot. Currently all the escrow companies we spoke / met with refused to do it. They usually handle real estate deals.

This.

Activity: 182
This.

Activity: 112
Merit: 6
can you please update us on escrow and shipping? at this point we will have to be highly trusting in you as they are going to from bitmain to your warehouse and then shipped to all of us or possible even stopping again before coming to us. Did you speak to Philipma1957 about him assisting with east coast orders? I think it would just need to be under a certain value to prevent an additional tax.... please provide some more information on logistics Smiley
I'm in for a minimum of 5. Will range from 5-20 depending on when the purchase happens.

Will be sending you a PM of my email and interest.

I completely missed that one! Cheesy Doesn't help that Bitmain doesn't have any newsletter or anything. Now I subscribed to their Twitter via SMS notifications :>

Update
I have 946 orders on the list. We called the bitmain contact and asked to bump up the order from 500 to 700 (I'm assuming many orders will fall through when we start collecting payments). They told my staff they will update them on Monday.
I was also invited to visit them in Beijing. I will probably fly over there with one of my staff after the Chinese new years.

If you signed up early or asked for a large quantity, we will probably have you covered.
We may not be able to supply to everybody though.

Shipping: Yesterday my logistics team went over the list and calculated the shipping costs and delivery time for every single person who signed up. I'll email you next week individually.
Bitmain will ship the bulk order to the warehouse in hong kong in Kwai Shun Industrial Centre, No. 51-63 Container Port Road, Kwai Chung, N.T

Shipping will take about 4 days to all locations (air shipment).
If you want to pick it up from the hong kong warehouse or arrange your own shipping, just email me about it.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for update!
I'd love to receive my miners to my place, that makes sense now.
Pages:
Jump to: