Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 53. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 375
Merit: 250
April 30, 2018, 05:11:32 PM
Well, i was thinking that airdrops became a waste of time. Then they also started to want KYC, lol. Too much effort for nothing??? Anyways, i don’t have that much time..
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
April 30, 2018, 05:11:13 PM
Many of the responses in this thread say 'no KYC, want things to be anonymous, etc' but keep in mind that some of us live in countries where not requiring KYC and other things would leave them as huge targets for local securities laws.  You can't blame them for trying to do things by the book - they are doing it in your interest.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
April 30, 2018, 05:08:54 PM
I believe that the work of bounty hunters should be paid without passing KYC. This has nothing to do with investing, so the requirement for KYC is unreasonable.  Angry
I completely agree with you, because the provision of personal data is motivated by preventing the laundering of money obtained through criminal means. For members of the Bounty Companies This is not appropriate, so listen to the speakers expressed.
Activity: 78
Merit: 9
April 30, 2018, 05:08:15 PM
KYC for a Airdrop or in general is simply ridiculous..
The idea behind Cryptocurrencies are that they stand for Anonymity!
Activity: 336
April 30, 2018, 04:56:08 PM
I believe that the work of bounty hunters should be paid without passing KYC. This has nothing to do with investing, so the requirement for KYC is unreasonable.  Angry
April 24, 2018, 03:59:33 PM
Kyc for airdrops is ridiculous And i Will never give my darà to strangers for just few bucks of an AirDrop.. i hope others Will do the same...
Xmm
Activity: 440
April 24, 2018, 03:56:16 PM
KYC is rediculous. Bounties participants aren't investors. There is no need to determine investor eligibility when they don't "invest" any money. A bounty is a "gift" for "services"
Therefore, I think even to discuss this is not worth it and I'm surprised when companies ask to pass KYC bountyhunters
Merit: 250
—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
April 24, 2018, 12:29:03 PM
I think if crypto become more public to the world, then it will be accpected soon in all arough the world. I know KYC is hard for some cheaters, but the dev want to make there coins/tokens more clean and can be public to many exchange soon. So if you need cheater then don't afriad KYC.
Activity: 134
Merit: 0
April 24, 2018, 12:24:17 PM
I agree with you, I also do not agree with KYC. Instead of asking for KYC I think it's better that they reduce the number of token / coin distributions to their participants. I am also worried about my data security, if it should be reported to the organizer of ICO.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
April 24, 2018, 12:22:29 PM
That’s a bad practice, sometimes they say KYC is compulsory, but I don't even participate in ICO with KYC, imagine you joining an airdrop that requires personal documents.

Many airdrops (currently most of them) are really shit or even scam, I would not give them any personal information. You know nothing about the team behind and nothing on their intentions. There are the risk that they will sell your information to whomever that ask for it.

I will stay far away from projects that ask KYC verification process although I have nothing to hide.
Activity: 944
Merit: 14
April 24, 2018, 12:10:48 PM
For the airdrop to pass a KYC - this is nonsense. And I do not understand at all what is the tendency to go through the bunch of the banti to the hunters? If you invest in a coin, it's understandable, but those who participate in the bounty are not required to go through the KYC. This is my opinion.
Activity: 85
Merit: 1
April 24, 2018, 12:16:39 PM
It's a big No No to provide my personal details for the airdrop as there is even no assurance  if they will distribute the token. I only provide KYC to well known exchanges as it is required to for withdrawal.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
April 24, 2018, 12:12:30 PM
This is simply ridiculous. I thought that setting up KYC for the bounty participants was no longer acceptable. I did not expect to now set up KYC obstacles for airdrop participants. This is basically against the world of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 75
April 24, 2018, 12:03:54 PM
KYC for airdrops, for bounties it's bad precedence because most of them can be ponzi scam or something else. If you giving to any project your KYC information you must be sure in their reliability.
Activity: 574
April 22, 2018, 06:07:37 PM
I think kyc is not the policy only of bitcoin it applies to all now a days and I don't see any bad things submitting your id if your nothing to hide about you. And one thing they want to check if you are using multiple accounts to be fair to other participants.And lastly stay away from the campaign that using of kyc if don't want see you identity in the end of the day you are the one who decide.
Activity: 224
April 22, 2018, 06:01:54 PM
KYC is a means of getting to know your customers better. Since airdrop are free tokens, to my own perception, KYC should be a basis to receive free token that might not even worth anything in the long term.
Activity: 204
April 22, 2018, 05:50:55 PM
I dont think its a good thing to collect sensitive personal data which is a legal one just to give away few free coins. We should also stay away from such airdrops.
Activity: 280
April 22, 2018, 05:29:12 PM
I am against the KYC for members of the bounty campaigns. I think this is acceptable only for large investors. I believe that the use of KYC is at variance with the basic principles of crypto currencies.
in fact, this is done to counter money laundering by the criminal way or to prevent the financing of criminal organizations. But providing personal data is relevant only for investors or traders. I can not understand why Bounty companies are forced to do it.
I, too, can not understand this. Bounty hunters invest only their time. It's not exactly about money laundering.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
April 22, 2018, 05:28:21 PM
But this is something different, KYC for free tokens is more than different as paying a few bucks or thousands of dollars for some tokens. Please, stop posting this shit if you do not even know what you are talking about.

Governments don’t like the very idea of decentralization, so they create various regulations in order to be able to take control of crypto. As a result ICOs have to ask people pass KYC.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
April 22, 2018, 05:07:20 PM
I am against the KYC for members of the bounty campaigns. I think this is acceptable only for large investors. I believe that the use of KYC is at variance with the basic principles of crypto currencies.
in fact, this is done to counter money laundering by the criminal way or to prevent the financing of criminal organizations. But providing personal data is relevant only for investors or traders. I can not understand why Bounty companies are forced to do it.

No one is forced. KYC for airdrops is a simple way to create database with people with a high interest in crypto. What happens with this databases after the drop is over is up to their owner. Who will buy it and what is going to use it for is not clear, but my bet is that is nothing good.
Pages:
Jump to: