Pages:
Author

Topic: [LEAKED] Private Bitcoin Foundation Discussions On Blacklisting, more (ZIP dump) - page 6. (Read 61123 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Between stealth addressing and coinjoin, we're already ahead of them.

Stealth addresses are indeed one of the most exciting developments - great job by Amir.

Furthermore, I strongly believe that coinjoin should be implemented by default on Bitcoin-QT. Isn't there any discussion in that direction?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Between stealth addressing and coinjoin, we're already ahead of them.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
It's not decisions being forced by the Foundation and I'm tired of seeing it put across like that. It's a discussion and it's a really important one. Here is why:

Imagine Bin Laden is still around.

We find out his Bitcoin address. It contains 10,000 Bitcoins and we can see transactions entering it.

We then see outgoings, some of which are traced to weapons used to kill 1000s of Americans, think a major bomb or subway incident.

Only on page 1 and already see a flaw here - you are assuming Bin Laden was guilty of 9/11 etc yet many of us know that is a lie so this is actually another argument against any form of blacklisting.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
Again, you understand nothing. It's about tracking what's happening in a blockchain, and altcoins do not prevent you at all from doing that, as their blockchains are all public and work in the exact same way. Moreover, they have much less tools available to circumvent that. There is nothing more to add.

Zerocoin here we come.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
my respect for these developers dropped by a lot given these actions + taking advisory positions in wallstreet /silicon valley companies - WTF is going on? all this work just to get the same kind of corruption we have. to me, those developers engaged in this kind of activity are diluting their share of the ideal. and the crap one reads in the foundation forum is outrageous. who are they that they think they own this process?

I find it somewhat doubtful that the hashing power would move away from the most "successful" currency. there is no viable competitor. would it be just a freeze? what would happen then?

interestingly all this discussion is based on the idea that the US should own the world. its just assumed that the US makes the laws for the world.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Changing the core principles of bitcoin makes it worthless. Then people might as well keep using the traditional ways to make payments. Anyway, we would dump it in a heartbeat if bitcoin core principles were changed and another coin would take its place quickly.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
parts of this leak is public now? I was very surprised when I learned about this private forum, and read the attitude of the people there. its absolutely outrageous, that it takes leaks to get information on such important positions, and makes me really reconsider the current state of bitcoin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I'm also an atheist and an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church, so there you go.)

Heehehe.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
Steering way off topic for just a second:

Why does any free citizen need or require a Passport?

Because we are not truly free.

Caveat emptor
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Erm... i wonder where you life since the control of people is a disease spreading worldwide. And yes they use all kind of excuses to forward their plans. Be it terrorism or money laundering. They will spread fear to get the plans through they need to earn money.

Yes.
So you are going to surrender?
Well - do what you please...

I am going to stand up, because I am not a slave, I have my rights as a human being and I am going to use them to promote my human interests.
And Bitcoin is today my most powerful weapon, which I will not give up even after my dead body. Smiley

These days I live in Holland, but I was born and raised in Poland, though today I consider myself a citizen of the world.
Unfortunately as it turns out, the World does not issue passports, and without a passport a human being is nobody.
So I am doomed to have a nationality, even though I think nationalism is stupid and inhumane
Yes. Definitely you have right.
I like the idea of World Citizenship and World Passport.
What about improving the idea ?
Why would we need a physical passport ? It has the disadvantage that you can loose it or it can be stolen.
It could be a Namecoin Passport based on Namecoin ID(with Bitcoin and Bitmessage) where you upload you data entries in encrypted form. By crossing the border you just say your Namecoin Passport ID and your password and you can be checked with it.

Passport number                        N5xH8xfy0
Nationality                                 Namecoinia
Name                                         Refugee Robert
Date of birth(YYMMDD)         1988.03.11
Place of birth                             Eritrea
Expiration date of passport        2014.02.12
Namecoin ID                              refugeerobert7
Bitmessage address                    BM-BcbRqcFFSQUUmXFKsPJgVQPSiFA3Xash
Bitcoin address(for border fee) 1Hq4JYkMvptxd28T4zQdieggwQpoc2T6rU
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
It can do much more than DNS, it is great, it's sad that no one exploit its, but it's completely unrelated to the discussion and not a solution to any of the issues here.

STOP PUMPING ALTCOINS. They solve nothing here.
It could very well solve the problems and it is related to it.
By Namecoin they are no blacklists and they are also not intended to be created.
If those who don't want to be regulated and blacklisted change to Namecoin(the second creation of Satoshi Nakamoto) then Bitcoin doesn't need to fork.
Which solution would you prefer if you would decide ?

I agree, NMC is, by design, blacklist proof. It is designed to circumvent "dns blacklisting" and NMC can transport the same dollar value like BTC or anything else.  Wink

And yes, BTC competitors (that is what altcoins are) can solve the problem. Like it was said before it will be difficult to fork a "Fascho-BTC" blockchain but it is childs play to migrate dollar value from BTC to XYZ. So anytime a coins "foundation" is coerced by the dark forces to accept control mechanisms, dollar value and hash power can just switch to something else...

And mind you, if a coins code is controlled from a country outside the US, like China or Russia, the USG will not have an easy time coercing those into adopting such mechanisms.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
man i've read only one percent of this and wtf!!!  Roll Eyes  ~no comment!
Rez
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
These days I live in Holland, but I was born and raised in Poland, though today I consider myself a citizen of the world.
Unfortunately as it turns out, the World does not issue passports, and without a passport a human being is nobody.
So I am doomed to have a nationality, even though I think nationalism is stupid and inhumane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Passport

Now accepted as a valid travel document in at least four small countries.  (That said, I've considered getting one on principle. But then again, I'm also an atheist and an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church, so there you go.)
And now back to topic please.
This is absolutely  not relevant to the subject.
It can do much more than DNS, it is great, it's sad that no one exploit its, but it's completely unrelated to the discussion and not a solution to any of the issues here.

STOP PUMPING ALTCOINS. They solve nothing here.
It could very well solve the problems and it is related to it.
By Namecoin they are no blacklists and they are also not intended to be created.
If those who don't want to be regulated and blacklisted change to Namecoin(the second creation of Satoshi Nakamoto) then Bitcoin doesn't need to fork.
Which solution would you prefer if you would decide ?
Activity: 238
Ugh another lame try to pump an altcoin, this time... Namecoin. WTF.
namecoin is a decentralized domain name system (DNS)
It really needs to get more attension
Activity: 574
Merit: 523
If the Bitcoin blockchain fork will be imminent I would recommend to change the bitcoins in namecoins for those who are worried.(at least temporary until it will be clear what happens)
IMHO Bitcoin blockchain fork will never happen, unless the american slaves change the POW function.
If they don't change the POW function, they cannot change a shit, since any fork's minority branch would be easily exploitable.
So all they can do is to add colored blacklists to US based exchanges or payment processors.
But as someone had pointed it out already, it would only make the rest of the world to not accept US payment processors - just like American Express cards are not accepted in many countries anymore.
And I could not care less about US payment processors, could you? Smiley

How do you see that possible now, when majority of the network power is provided by ASICs most of which (if not all) are capable to do only search of the gold nonce of the sha256d?

Sorry, did not get your statement correctly.
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354
aka tonikt
If the Bitcoin blockchain fork will be imminent I would recommend to change the bitcoins in namecoins for those who are worried.(at least temporary until it will be clear what happens)
IMHO Bitcoin blockchain fork will never happen, unless the american slaves change the POW function.
If they don't change the POW function, they cannot change a shit, since any fork's minority branch would be easily subjective to double-spend attacks.
So all they can do is adding Mike's colored blacklists to US based exchanges or payment processors...
But as someone had pointed it out already, it would only make the rest of the world to not accept US payment processors - just like American Express cards are not accepted in many countries anymore, because they suck and are not reliable.
And I could not care less about US payment processors, could you? Smiley

If USA wants to commit an economical suicide, they have enough options already today - they don't need Bitcoin to do it.
Activity: 238
- if govnm't XYZ wants to track bitcoins by blockchain analysis, we cannot avoid it anyway, and they do it anyway, that's for sure. Whether some make national laws using such data is also outside our influence (but it would weaken the country's competitiveness)
But that is exactly why the bitcoin development should put much more focus on improving anonymity.
Tracking coins via blockchain analysis is the most important issue that ought to be addressed by the developers - but it hasn't been.

Ever since Satoshi is gone, no actual privacy improvement have been made in bitcoin. The people in charge who he left the project to have obviously sold it to corporations and are now busy not developing bitcoin, but a surveillance system around it. Am I the only person who actually sees it?

Of course i fight against. I only wondered that you speak about US-Slaves since its long time away that only USA citizens had problems with that surveillance state.

I did not mean that all the people living in US are slaves. There are millions of brilliant and thoughtful people living in US, just like there are tens on millions, if not billions, of american slaves living outside US. Ironically, some of them don't even speak English. Smiley

But the system of the economic slavery that is on stake here was made in USA - first raised along with the FED, then forced onto the rest of the wold in Bretton Woods and at the end totally released by another genocidal psychopath US president who decoupled the dollar from the gold, thus lifting any limits on the debt slavery. Bitcoin is going to destroy this system, but not without a fight. The war is already happening and people need to choose sides.

I don't have a problem with people saying to me (and I hear it every day) that they prefer dollars over bitcoins. What I do have a problem with though are the hypocrites who pretend to be developing bitcoin, while in fact they are conspiring to kill it... or not conspiring, but just promote the "media and politicians will use it to beat us up if we don't turn bitcoin into dollar" approach - these are the american slaves and trust me; they live all around the world.

This is surprisingly accurate, even though I believe some of the developers are trying to do the right thing still.
Its will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Crypto currencies are still in its stone age so one way or another we will see anonymous transactions in the future imo.
I am really upset how they misused the trust of the bitcoiners.
It was never before such a scandal in the history of Bitcoin.
By Namecoin it will never happen something like this because they are only honest people there.
Pages:
Jump to: