Pages:
Author

Topic: [LEAKED] Private Bitcoin Foundation Discussions On Blacklisting, more (ZIP dump) - page 8. (Read 61123 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
You poor american slave.

I can tell you don't read because if you did you would know that I'm not American, not in America, and not a member of the Foundation! Also, Jewish and with family who suffered at the Nazi's hands, so please stop being insulting and using that label when you have no idea what it even means.
Activity: 279
In the past most threats against the Foundation have been idle (imo), but even now I get a very bad feeling in my stomach about this. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing the BF forums get DDoS'd, defaced, among other things. Given the poor standing of other notable members  (see: Peter Vessenes), the future of the Foundation is very fragile. Yes they pay Gavin, but that's only because we accept their changes and update our software. If we stop doing that and fork QT, the need for them diminishes quickly. It would be in their benefit to remember that.
the Foundation who has claimed to champion the fungibility of the protocol.
You know you can simply create a github account and start contributing? (right here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin, behold the Fork button) Like many others in this community you make it sound like forking the code is some grandiose act of rebellion. But it's simply how open source works.

No need to BF member, or go through a secret core dev initiation ritual.

Seriously, we can use more active contributors for Bitcoind/-qt. Get involved! Stop complaining, start coding (or as Erik Hughes wrote in his manifesto in 1993: Cypherpunks write code). Forking the code is not a threat to anyone. Don't confuse it with forking the blockchain.

Complaining? lol, cmon dude get over yourself. I was just speaking my truth in a discussion based forum, no need to get all wrapped up in the emotions of it.

And yes I am aware we are just one good fork away from a break off from the BF. Their version of QT is the one featured on bitcoin.org, which is what I was getting at. Thanks for the vote of confidence though. Oh and if you were going to bother responding to this post, don't.
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354
aka tonikt
My point was about how the media and politicians will use it to beat us up if we don't have answers.
You poor american slave.
If your media and politicians will beat you up - how is it anyone's problem except your own?
Trust me: unlike what they told you at school, world is much bigger than just your nazi fatherland and both; Bitcoin and the world will be just fine, maybe even better, after your once great USA is already a dead stinky body, killed by its own exceptionalism.

You elect your own government, you pretend to spread "freedom & democracy" all over the world, but ironically you are the only ones who come crying that your own media and politicians are beating you up, thus forcing you to conspire against the bitcoin as we've known it... And in the meantime I am the one who wears a tinfoil hat...

You know, not that I wear it, but considering the fact that you are quite aware of how fucked up the country you live in actually is, does't it make you feel like maybe tinfoil hats actually work? Smiley
I agree with you Seb. It can't. There are so, so many flaws.

My point was about how the media and politicians will use it to beat us up if we don't have answers.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Imagine Bin Laden is still around.

We find out his Bitcoin address. It contains 10,000 Bitcoins and we can see transactions entering it.

We then see outgoings, some of which are traced to weapons used to kill 1000s of Americans, think a major bomb or subway incident.

Ok... and since the weapon deliverer isnt stupid he took the bitcoins for the weapons and exchanged them fast for clean bitcoins. Now you go ahead and mark these bad weapon buy bitcoins as bad coins... who will suffer? Innocent people that hold these coins now. They couldnt know what these coins were used for when they got them. And that is true for nearly every scam imaginable.

In total... tainted coins are totally useless against scams. At least when the scammer isnt stupid. Tainted coins will only create even more victims while the real scammer is fine. He exchanged long ago again, used mixer and more and you will never have a chance to hurt him with tainted coins.

So i cant see how this concept can be of any use at all.
Now you are being picky.

The clown bit? I dunno, out of the Rep/Dem options in the last few elections... Is there anyone who you would describe as other than a clown?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I believe he does have a point about corporations.
The IT giants, among others, have paid a pretty penny to get their own clown elected for presidency

The IT giants? Nah, just say all large multinational corporations. I think it's hard to say 'clown' for presidency too because the whole system seems kinda rigged in the US. Whoever is president will get called a clown if you put it like that.

Besides, you can't twist the fact that corporations have lobbyists and they can do bad things into the absolute conspiracy diatribe he was spouting.

Now you are being picky.
And you are trying to focus the topic on things that are completely irrelevant, to drag the readers away the point.

Whether I am on any drugs or am I wearing any kind of hat - it isn't any of your business.

No I'm not. The OP was pointing the finger at the Foundation for something it isn't doing. It's that simple. That's the entire point. It's not about what is or isn't a good idea and I've been abundantly clear where I stand on that.

Your hat... is it a tinfoil lined bowler? Because that would be cool.

Oh noes, I've turned into crumbs. I shall hide in shame.
The IT giants, among others, have paid a pretty penny to get their own clown elected for presidency

The IT giants? Nah, just say all large multinational corporations. I think it's hard to say 'clown' for presidency too because the whole system seems kinda rigged in the US. Whoever is president will get called a clown if you put it like that.

Besides, you can't twist the fact that corporations have lobbyists and they can do bad things into the absolute conspiracy diatribe he was spouting.
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
Why would the Foundation be about mass adoption at all?
Because it says so on their web page. 
Wow, talk about taking a quote out of context.
Mass adoption of Bitcoin != Mass adoption of the Foundation.
legendary
aka tonikt
Yeah, yeah...
Once again, man: please, spare me your bullshit and get the fuck out of my face.

You are not bitcoin developer, nor you are representing any.
You are solely the enemies of bitcoin.

All you've done is come out with a bunch of tinfoil hat nonsense and personal insults. I don't even know what we disagree on or what I'm accused of other than being some whacky government plant or something.

Good luck with your tech developments, sincerely, but that conspiracy hat you're wearing is not pretty insane and everything you've said totally illogical.

And you are trying to focus the topic on things that are completely irrelevant, to drag the readers away from the point.

Whether I am on any drugs or am I wearing any kind of hat - it isn't any of your business.

Take your friend Mike and go suck your latest genocidal psychopath president's dick.
Yeah, yeah...
Once again, man: please, spare me your bullshit and get the fuck out of my face.

You are not bitcoin developer, nor you are representing any.
You are solely the enemies of bitcoin.

All you've done is come out with a bunch of tinfoil hat nonsense and personal insults. I don't even know what we disagree on or what I'm accused of other than being some whacky government plant or something.

Good luck with your tech developments, sincerely, but that conspiracy hat you're wearing is not pretty insane and everything you've said totally illogical.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
i smell cold war thinkin
Then you probably don't know history, sir.
Cold war wasn't an actual war - it was only a propaganda served by the governments at both the sides of the Berlin wall, just to keep people scared thus more subjective.
Whilst the Bitcoin blowup is an actual war, where the people are fighting corporations, that have been enslaving us for the last century using a weapon of a monopoly of the money creation.
Today we have our weapon and we are not giving it up.

What a lot of nonsense. The Cold War was indeed a war, on many levels, and was fought by proxy all over the globe. The involvement of the USSR and the USA in Afghanistan is a case in point. So was the metaphorical throwing of movies, hamburgers and Coke over the Wall.

Don't try to spin your petty Marxist drivel that you've been enslaved by corporations, that is a sheer fabrication. Next you'll be telling us that you are the 'vanguard of the people'.

Gimme a break... sheesh.

Undecided

The IT giants, among others, have paid a pretty penny to get their own clown elected for president
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Disrespect for the privacy of others is probably opposed to the basic beliefs of a large majority of Bitcoin's strongest supporters, which is why I personally despise such an act of barbarism.
This is the kind of stuff why people don't want to associate themselves with the Foundation.  They say they are transparent and everyone should expect their posting to be public as Jon Matonis said in another thread.  Now you are claiming it is "barbarism."  You also discuss all this "we" stuff when referencing the Foundation.  As explained to you many times you can't have mass adoption by shutting people out , calling them trolls, and all the other ridiculous stuff that comes out that Foundation at times.  
Why would the Foundation be about mass adoption at all?
I'm calling the disrespect for the privacy of others an act of barbarism, absolutely.
It's opposed to practically anything the (assumed) majority of Bitcoin users stand for.
It would make little Satoshi cry.

What's worse is calling this invasion of my privacy "LEAKED", willingly seeking the association with and thereby diminishing admirable efforts like Wikileaks or Edward Snowden's deeds.

All this for boosting the OP's ego, who did not even think for a moment about actually looking at what he "leaked" and falsely assumed that this was relevant, new information, which, as proven in this thread, it wasn't.

The rest of your reply is more of your Foundation shilling.
The Foundation Shilling, cool name for an Altcoin Roll Eyes

Seriously, call me a shill as you will, I joined the Foundation mostly to help pay Gavin's salary.
I think that's a worthy cause, just the same as I thought a donation to bitcointalk.org was, or my efforts for transcriptions of LetsTalkBitcoin, or my bounty for m-of-n-escrow, and the list goes on...
I have yet to see anything like donating to a worthy cause from you.

(edited a few times because of f*** up quotes and stuff, sorry)
legendary
aka tonikt
Evidence?  I am pretty sure that we have enough of evidence here - you are just playing stupid pretending that we don't understand what we are reading.

The leaks from your cartel's closed forum are much more than I need for an evidence - and I haven't even read through half of it..
Let's take a random quote for instance - enough of an evidence for anyone capable of using his brain:

That'll be the cartel that 1) I'm not a member of, 2) that you can join for the grand sum of $20 and 3) That have discussed the same issues on this very forum.

Quote from: Mike Hearn
Requiring an exchange to hand over all addresses would sort of work, but it's not ideal - we can do much better if we design systems ourselves

Awesome - you've taken a quote out of context which is talking about the technical side and what's possible, and ignored absolutely everything else. You even admit you haven't read half of it, you just made up your mind.

You're a compete tin foil hat, you don't know your history, you throw around words like nazi without actually knowing what one is (and since my family was persecuted directly by them you can shove that one where the sun don't shine)... You're a crazy person!

Yeah, yeah...

You are not bitcoin developers, nor you are representing any - you are solely the enemies of bitcoin.
Evidence?  I am pretty sure that we have enough of evidence here - you are just playing stupid pretending that we don't understand what we are reading.

The leaks from your cartel's closed forum are much more than I need for an evidence - and I haven't even read through half of it..
Let's take a random quote for instance - enough of an evidence for anyone capable of using his brain:

That'll be the cartel that 1) I'm not a member of, 2) that you can join for the grand sum of $20 and 3) That have discussed the same issues on this very forum.

Requiring an exchange to hand over all addresses would sort of work, but it's not ideal - we can do much better if we design systems ourselves

Awesome - you've taken a quote out of context which is talking about the technical side and what's possible, and ignored absolutely everything else. You even admit you haven't read half of it, you just made up your mind.

You're a compete tin foil hat, you don't know your history, you throw around words like nazi without actually knowing what one is (and since my family was persecuted directly by them you can shove that one where the sun don't shine)... You're a crazy person!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006
i smell cold war thinkin
Cold war wasn't an actual war - it was only a propaganda served by the governments at both the sides of the Berlin wall, just to keep people scared thus more subjective.
Whilst the Bitcoin blowup is an actual war, where the people are fighting corporations that have been enslaving us for the last century using the weapon of a money creation monopoly.
But we have just built our own weapon and we are not giving it up! It has a power of 5PH/s, growing every day, and no WMDs they own are a thread to us anymore.
They can assassinate a person, they can genocide a nation - but they cannot break Bitcoin.

Flying active nuclear weapons around 24/7 is 'not an actual war'? No, they never set off a nuke in anger (which was a stroke of luck really, and for which we should all be extremely grateful).
legendary
aka tonikt
Nothing you said there makes sense, nor does it have any relevance whatsoever for anything I've said which is asking people to take an evidence based approach and not one based on FUD, extremism and insults.

Suddenly it turns out that Mike Hearn is nont only a Google employee - he and his friends have ambitions to become policemen, judges and punishers at the same time.
Well thanks guys for your generous offer, but we really don't need you to take care of our coins.
Just do us a favour and get the fuck out of our sight, before you make us to throw up right on your white shoes.
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
I would not donate to an effort led by Gavin.  I do not believe that he has the mindset to lead a unique and important effort such as Bitcoin.
And you're probably right. I don't think Gavin believes that either.
That's precisely the reason for the Foundation, to take some of the burden of "leading the Bitcoin effort" from him.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
i smell cold war thinkin
Whilst the Bitcoin blowup is an actual war, where the people are fighting corporations, that have been enslaving us for the last century using a weapon of a monopoly of the money creation.
Today we have our weapon and we are not giving it up.

What a lot of nonsense. The Cold War was indeed a war, on many levels, and was fought by proxy all over the globe. The involvement of the USSR and the USA in Afghanistan is a case in point. So was the metaphorical throwing of movies, hamburgers and Coke over the Wall.

Don't try to spin your petty Marxist drivel that you've been enslaved by corporations, that is a sheer fabrication. Next you'll be telling us that you are the 'vanguard of the people'.

Gimme a break... sheesh.

Undecided

Pages:
Jump to: