Pages:
Author

Topic: [List] Gift cards providers - page 2. (Read 7238 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1212
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 05, 2023, 01:28:02 PM
Did some testing, like their prepaid MasterCard:
If you try to buy it with an IP out of the US or with a known VPN IP it will fail.
If you try to activate it with an IP out of the US or with a known VPN IP it will fail.

Once you get past that it does seem to work wherever I tested it.

It is great to hear that !

From wich provider the card is, (that to look on their terms to see how it is restricted or not !)

It is better then nothing, but still not great.

If it interest you, "Coinsbee" have reintegrated (My prepaid center) wich provide Global MasterCards !!
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 6182
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 05, 2023, 01:06:53 PM
At the moment Bitrefill has 5% BTC back on prepaid virtual visa cards. US only.
There is a 1% fee to buy the card so I don't know why they just didn't get rid of that on give 4% back but nobody asked me :-)

https://www.bitrefill.com/us/en/gift-cards/virtual-prepaid-visa-usa/

Did some testing, like their prepaid MasterCard:
If you try to buy it with an IP out of the US or with a known VPN IP it will fail.
If you try to activate it with an IP out of the US or with a known VPN IP it will fail.

Once you get past that it does seem to work wherever I tested it.

It is better then nothing, but still not great.

-Dave
Activity: 11
Merit: 5
September 28, 2023, 05:34:12 AM
/

/

Thank you for the links and hints. I will be in California for a while and will try some of the places suggested above.  Smiley
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 11, 2023, 04:17:02 PM
Hi,

I will be in the US soon and I would love to use some Bitrefill gift cards for my trip. Two questions:

1. You guys got some ideas for gift cards that either work directly in the store and don't need an US app on your phone? Especially restaurants or food. I would like to print the qr code, walk in the store and get my food.
2. Did you try the Groupon gift card? Does it work?

And maybe one more off-topic question: are there any kyc-free bitcoin atms with low fees? Are there kyc-free atms at all?

Thanks.

It depends on the restaurant.
A Ruth Chris opened near where I live and they took the printout no problem:  https://www.bitrefill.com/us/en/gift-cards/ruths-chris-steakhouse-usa/
As does California Pizza Kitchen: https://www.bitrefill.com/us/en/gift-cards/california-pizza-kitchen-usa/
With Fast Food it depends on the person behind the counter.

But....
Famous Daves: https://www.bitrefill.com/us/en/gift-cards/famous-daves-usa/ had to call a manager and someone else over for us to use it. I told them it's OK, I'm Dave but they didn't care....

As for the ATMs there are separate posts around here to discuss, a lot depends on where you are. (i.e. Las Vegas, has more BATMs that have very light KYC vs BATMs in Florida)

-Dave
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
September 11, 2023, 03:55:36 PM
1. If you use bitrefill, you can see it mentioned on the top whether the cards work on physical stores or just online.

2. I couldn't answer that. I haven't.

For the BTMs, I know there are some kyc free ones, just not sure if they are in the U.S. but you can check that information, along with the fees on:

https://coinatmradar.com/country/226/bitcoin-atm-united-states/
Activity: 11
Merit: 5
September 11, 2023, 03:51:49 PM
Hi,

I will be in the US soon and I would love to use some Bitrefill gift cards for my trip. Two questions:

1. You guys got some ideas for gift cards that either work directly in the store and don't need an US app on your phone? Especially restaurants or food. I would like to print the qr code, walk in the store and get my food.
2. Did you try the Groupon gift card? Does it work?

And maybe one more off-topic question: are there any kyc-free bitcoin atms with low fees? Are there kyc-free atms at all?

Thanks.
staff
August 25, 2023, 11:21:19 AM
It's strange that I am getting 404 Not Found error on first link you posted, but I can find them and open on their main page  Tongue

I think I saw other services offering e-sim cards for Bitcoin and other crypto (for example silent.link), so this is nothing special for Bitrefill.

They must've removed the page. The link was working just fine when I posted it.

Some competition is always good, I guess. Have you tried Silent.link before? There's also eSimWay which I made a thread about a couple of days ago if you want to look into it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5464321.0;topicseen
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7060
Cashback 15%
August 22, 2023, 01:56:40 PM
Update: It looks like Bitrefill announced the release of their eSIM service yesterday[1][2]. Unfortunately, and as mentioned by @_act_ these eSims don't have a phone number, meaning you can't use them to receive calls or texts (which IMO should've been their first priority here).
It's strange that I am getting 404 Not Found error on first link you posted, but I can find them and open on their main page  Tongue

I think I saw other services offering e-sim cards for Bitcoin and other crypto (for example silent.link), so this is nothing special for Bitrefill.

staff
August 09, 2023, 11:16:01 AM
Update: It looks like Bitrefill announced the release of their eSIM service yesterday[1][2]. Unfortunately, and as mentioned by @_act_ these eSims don't have a phone number, meaning you can't use them to receive calls or texts (which IMO should've been their first priority here).

[1] https://www.bitrefill.com/en/esims/
[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62669289
copper member
Activity: 2828
Merit: 4065
July 30, 2023, 04:12:54 PM
Always the same shops from one site to another.

Thinking about it, there isn't much innovation in this niche. They provide the same cards with the same shops compared to 'traditionnals' websites where you pay in fiats.

You can say the innovation is you can pay with cryptos... humm, it costs cheaper to pay with a local currency, so if the innovation is to pay higher it's not really interesting... unless you like to pay higher...
Bitrefill stands out from the crowd with its cashback system, but still.

The industry seems saturated nowadays and there's not much new to provide to users.

I'm going to sound like a hypocrite because I use Bitrefill but I'm just making an observation
staff
July 30, 2023, 03:33:18 PM
I found this new service[1] on Binance's pay merchants page. I'd like to hear your thoughts before listing them if anyone has used them before and for those who didn't, if you can't see any items listed, it's probably because of your adblocker.

[1] https://www.card-wow.com/
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
March 05, 2023, 02:46:36 PM
So with a bit of testing. It looks like even if you get past the purchasing of the card and getting the activation info you cannot activate the card using any known VPN IP. Will just fail. If you get around THAT and get it activated you cannot use it in some locations. Did a few tests with people. Some worked some did not. Will let them comment in the thread if they want to discuss.
I'll comment: It's one of the reasons I prefer crypto Tongue All those fraud checks are (obviously) meant to prevent fraud, but don't include the privacy conscious user who just wants to pay something without sharing their real information. Maybe it will get better once they roll out prepaid creditcards to other countries.
Thanks DaveF for testing.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
March 05, 2023, 02:38:04 PM
They prepaid center never did any verification if it's a real address.
Don't you risk them freezing the card if they ever ask for an address verification that you can't provide?

Possibly. But even so, I have bought physical prepaid cards [in a store with cash] for customers when I had to pay for some subscription or something and could not track down one of the owners and used bogus addresses and never had an issue.

So with a bit of testing. It looks like even if you get past the purchasing of the card and getting the activation info you cannot activate the card using any known VPN IP. Will just fail. If you get around THAT and get it activated you cannot use it in some locations. Did a few tests with people. Some worked some did not. Will let them comment in the thread if they want to discuss.

-Dave
legendary
March 05, 2023, 01:29:43 PM
They prepaid center never did any verification if it's a real address.
Don't you risk them freezing the card if they ever ask for an address verification that you can't provide?
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
March 05, 2023, 09:38:01 AM
But even after managing to buy them, you would probably still need to submit your documents on the card's provider website.
I've never seen a coupon on Bitrefill that requires documents. @DaveF: can you confirm this? KYC would make a $2 prepaid Mastercard utterly useless.

Just some basic name and address info, but you would need to give most of them something for online purchases so they could verify address & zip when processing the card.

At least here in the US the online merchants verify the house number and zip code or the card gets declined. They prepaid center never did any verification if it's a real address.

I just PMd both of you.

-Dave
legendary
March 05, 2023, 04:17:15 AM
But even after managing to buy them, you would probably still need to submit your documents on the card's provider website.
I've never seen a coupon on Bitrefill that requires documents. @DaveF: can you confirm this? KYC would make a $2 prepaid Mastercard utterly useless.
staff
March 05, 2023, 04:06:51 AM
-snip-
Update: I tried to buy a prepaid mastercard from Bitrefill again, this time from a Ramnode cloud server in Atlanta. Even though I used Firefox on the server, I got the same result: it still says I'm using a VPN.

I also tried to use Vultr, but with no luck. I'm getting the same message. But even after managing to buy them, you would probably still need to submit your documents on the card's provider website.
legendary
March 04, 2023, 11:09:46 AM
Bitrefill now has Prepaid Mastercard gift cards for the US.

https://www.bitrefill.com/buy/prepaid-mastercard-usa/?hl=en
I tried again by using a VPN, and got this:
Code:
This product is currently not available for VPN users.
That's a first! This message only shows up after I click "Add to cart". I'll try from a server in the US when they're available again.

Update: I tried to buy a prepaid mastercard from Bitrefill again, this time from a Ramnode cloud server in Atlanta. Even though I used Firefox on the server, I got the same result: it still says I'm using a VPN.
copper member
Activity: 2828
Merit: 4065
March 02, 2023, 05:34:44 AM
Does it also work for websites outside US?

I believe yes.

Yesterday, while discovering the website, I saw they mention a 2% fee when you use the card to pay in another area/currency
Another hint is the fact it's translated in others languages, so they can serve people outside USA. And there is list of restricted countries, so others can use it,...and since it's not using USD...
legendary
March 02, 2023, 05:21:50 AM
Just bought a card 0 fees, actual face value of card. Used it to pay a cable bill with no issues.
You don't actually get a card number, you get an activation code and have to go to https://MyPrepaidCenter.com/redeem to activate it.
Spit out a Master Card with an expiration date 6 months out and all the other info.
If that works online, I can think of a few uses. Does it also work for websites outside US?

Try using Tor with a US exit node.
I tried, but when I try to buy one it brings me to https://www.bitrefill.com/api/cart?redirect showing this:
Code:
message	"This product does not exist"
status "invalid_product"
I haven't tried a VPN yet.
Pages:
Jump to: