Pages:
Author

Topic: List of useful Bitcoin block explorers - page 10. (Read 5295 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 6618
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
September 22, 2021, 07:20:50 PM
Update: I have removed wallet explorer. com because it got exposed as an anti-privacy blockexplorer: https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/09/21/leaked-slides-show-how-chainalysis-flags-crypto-suspects-for-cops/

Coindesk has researched about it and concluded:

Wallet Explorer is operated by Chainalysis, a research company for Blockchain data and is recording people's IP addresses including inserted cryptocurrency adresses. By doing so, Chainalysis can collect data, which IP belongs to which cryptocurrency address, which is bad for privacy. Coindesk has also claimed, specific datasets were forwarded to law enforcement.

It is generally recommended to insert own addresses at Blockexplorers only via VPN.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
July 25, 2021, 11:17:27 PM
I thought I was the only one having a disliking for the new IU. It's quite confusing and not as user friendly as the old one. This has forced me to look for and use alternative block explorers likes Blockchain.com which i even never liked initially.
You are not the only one who dislike the new UI. At least, in the topic, with recent posts, you can find four.

How I wish such projects would carry out a community vote before rolling a  new update  Cry
I don't like it and don't step in shoes of designers who make the new UI. They can do better by giving users two options.
- Classic UI: The previous UI.
- Modern UI: The newest one (the current one as well as future upgrades)
It always takes time for us to familiarize with new UI and some people don't want to waste time to experience new UI. They should give users options to choose. Many exchanges have binary options for customers with their UI upgrades.
copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1783
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
July 25, 2021, 09:34:19 PM
The explorer was changed for a while, weeks ago.

Honestly, I don't like the new UI of the explorer. They don't show all length of addresses in one transaction (your screenshot shows it as well). It is inconvenient if you want to find any address in one txhash.

I would prefer the previous UI than the newest one. It looks to be too colorful and inconvenience.
I thought I was the only one having a disliking for the new IU. It's quite confusing and not as user friendly as the old one. This has forced me to look for and use alternative block explorers likes Blockchain.com which i even never liked initially.

How I wish such projects would carry out a community vote before rolling a  new update  Cry
legendary
July 25, 2021, 09:20:48 PM
The famous block explorer Blockchair.com has changed its design recently and is looking like that now:
Yes, I was planing to present it earlier and wrote about it already end of June in my German topic about block explorers but forgot to translate it immediately, so it got delayed until now...

Honestly, I don't like the new UI of the explorer. They don't show all length of addresses in one transaction (your screenshot shows it as well). It is inconvenient if you want to find any address in one txhash.
Good point, addresses shown completely are much better.
Maybe their idea was showing only the few first and last characters of an address which are very often enough for people to recognize a certain address.

But I agree, showing full addresses would be easier.  Smiley

It's worth noting that Blockstream has also an "Onion V3" link [not sure when it was added].
- You might want to replace their Onion V2 link with that one instead.
Changed from V2 to V3 link.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
July 24, 2021, 03:34:51 PM
The famous block explorer Blockchair.com has changed its design recently and is looking like that now:
Honestly, I don't like the new UI of the explorer.
I'd also prefer the previous version more than the revamped version and based on the following "tweet", I think they might reintroduce their legacy version at some point [don't quote me on that].

It's worth noting that Blockstream has also an "Onion V3" link [not sure when it was added].
- You might want to replace their Onion V2 link with that one instead.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
July 24, 2021, 09:57:03 AM

I would prefer the previous UI than the newest one. It looks to be too colorful and inconvenience.
legendary
July 24, 2021, 09:34:55 AM

Transactions:

Transactions are still displayed in a short overview but can be extended via drop-down menu.   

But for SegWit addresses, it had been better previously. Previously a simple yes / no button in the drop-down menu was displayed but now, it has been replaced and SegWit-Addresses show up as “SegWit” by a blue button. For addresses, which aren’t SegWit, no button is displayed. If someone doesn’t know about that feature and how it looks like, it can cause confusion for Non-SegWit addresses where people will search but can’t find it because “no SegWit” isn’t displayed anymore.

Non-SegWit addresses don’t have any tag…

Comparison:

SegWit: https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/db6d2b441a5964cd4c3ccdb7316738b020def1fdf2726201f07cc74016844e50
No SegWit: https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/b4262cc5ac3be3899c6d840408eb4252c150bdf82534921360aa5946ded9d62a

Previously, displaying SegWit addresses has been better in my opinion.

Addresses:

Addresses are now containing directly an address-type, which is very good but beginners might be confused a little bit.  I haven’t researched it, if nested SegWit (P2WPKH-P2SH) addresses without outgoing transaction are displayed correctly.

After all, Blockchair is still my favorite block explorer.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
February 10, 2021, 04:06:14 AM
I tried to open OXT and search an address, but it doesn't work (Address / tx isn't loading, tried for several browsers. I'll try tomorrow again) Maybe someone else also can't load it  Huh)

Uhm... it works fine on my side... Maybe it didn't work on your side due to a maintenance of the website (which was completed meanwhile)...

Later Edit: I would like to propose now https://bitcoinwhoswho.com. This one isn't mentioned in OP and it has very interesting features

Added. At first, where it didn't seem very user friendly, I was a bit disappointed but it seems to be an interesting tool. I won't call it explorer *
(I've just taken a random address posted on the site flagged as "scammer address"):

Scam alerts are added (I don't know how such reports are determined)

Yep, this tool is awesome due to this feature of flagging scams. Regarding how to create a flag, on the upper side of the website there is a button named "Report Scam". If you click on it, a new page is displayed, where you can insert the BTC address involved in a scam, but not just that. And here things become very interesting. Excepting scams, you can also report "Bitcoin Abuse, Scams, Blackmail and Extortion Emails". Besides, the reporting page also offers a link for making a report directly to FBI

*But we can't view transactions, only Bitcoin addresses can be viewed.

Yes, I observed that now... But you can see though all transactions performed by any address.

Excepting all these, I'd also like to mention that I updated the Romanian translation of the topic with three new websites added by you in OP: mempool and CoinCap - sugested by SFR10; and BitcoinWho'sWho - suggested by me.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 10, 2021, 02:45:19 AM
I tried to open OXT and search an address, but it doesn't work (Address / tx isn't loading, tried for several browsers. I'll try tomorrow again) Maybe someone else also can't load it  Huh)
Just finished testing it and had no issue when it comes to looking for an address with different formats [BASE58 (P2PKH), BASE58 (P2SH), and BECH32 (P2WPKH)] but got inconsistent results while using it for transactions [sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't] and lastly, I always get the following error while searching for a block:

NOTHING FOUND FOR THIS BLOCK. PLEASE TRY LATER.
legendary
February 09, 2021, 08:38:28 PM
You missed it. OXT is in OP for months as the last update time is 27 October 2020.

Yes, you are right. I looked for it before posting it, but I didn't see it. And now, after seeing your post I looked again and again I did not see it, until I read the post for a second time. Most likely because it's not in the main list from the OP... My bad. Thanks for pointing this out, hd49728!
Yes, I've posted it below. I tried to open OXT and search an address, but it doesn't work (Address / tx isn't loading, tried for several browsers. I'll try tomorrow again) Maybe someone else also can't load it  Huh)

Later Edit: I would like to propose now https://bitcoinwhoswho.com. This one isn't mentioned in OP and it has very interesting features: you can see the last IPs of the transactions, verify if the address was tagged in scam activities, you can see if it was mentioned on websites (and on which websites), you can check "bitcoin ownership and wallet balance by name, bitcoin address, email address, url or keyword" (I didn't verify all these yet) and you can also see if repeated inputs came from an address or repeated outputs were sent to an address.

Name (link)Bech32 supported?SegWit-Addresses (P2SH) identifyable?*Usefulness (subjective rating  Tongue)Rated byComments
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
BitcoinWho'sWhoNoYes7 / 10 PointsGazetaBitcoinVery efficient, including very interesting features; unfortunately, doesn't support Bech32 addresses yet
Added. At first, where it didn't seem very user friendly, I was a bit disappointed but it seems to be an interesting tool. I won't call it explorer *
(I've just taken a random address posted on the site flagged as "scammer address"):

https://bitcoinwhoswho.com/address/14s4i1WRPQ4BdwGtt38oumwdebKdvVdUfG

Scam alerts are added (I don't know how such reports are determined)
Website appearances and
Transaction history (where connected websites are listed; someone got scammed and reported it on Bitcointalk here) ^^

*But we can't view transactions, only Bitcoin addresses can be viewed.
legendary
February 01, 2021, 11:42:47 AM
Yes, yes, I know, lol Smiley But this time I didn't use Ctrl+F because I read the entire topic and I was sure I didn't see it... But everybody makes mistakes Smiley

Later Edit: I would like to propose now https://bitcoinwhoswho.com. This one isn't mentioned in OP and it has very interesting features: you can see the last IPs of the transactions, verify if the address was tagged in scam activities, you can see if it was mentioned on websites (and on which websites), you can check "bitcoin ownership and wallet balance by name, bitcoin address, email address, url or keyword" (I didn't verify all these yet) and you can also see if repeated inputs came from an address or repeated outputs were sent to an address.

Name (link)Bech32 supported?SegWit-Addresses (P2SH) identifyable?*Usefulness (subjective rating  Tongue)Rated byComments
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
BitcoinWho'sWhoNoYes7 / 10 PointsGazetaBitcoinVery efficient, including very interesting features; unfortunately, doesn't support Bech32 addresses yet
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
February 01, 2021, 11:07:14 AM
Yes, you are right. I looked for it before posting it, but I didn't see it. And now, after seeing your post I looked again and again I did not see it, until I read the post for a second time. Most likely because it's not in the main list from the OP... My bad. Thanks for pointing this out, hd49728!
You made me very surprised. Did you forget to use Search?

I usually use Search when I need to find something in a topic, thread. It is a waste of time to scan and find it by your eyes and you will sometimes miss it (as you did).

You have two ways to search:
- Ctrl + F, Type OXT, enter, your work is finished.
- The Search box (at top right corner): type OXT, enter, your work is finished.

Search box help you to search in a thread you are in. You are in 1miau topic, and when you search with OXT in the search box, search engine will only work and find OXT in this topic.

OXT will be highlighted.
legendary
February 01, 2021, 09:12:56 AM
You missed it. OXT is in OP for months as the last update time is 27 October 2020.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
February 01, 2021, 09:03:59 AM
Hey there!

I just found a new explorer and I thought it may be worth of mentioning it here: OXT.
Different other sites / .onion links:

SiteDescriptionSuggested by
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OXTHistorical analysis of Bitcoin addresseshugeblack
legendary
February 01, 2021, 07:00:47 AM
Hey there!

I just found a new explorer and I thought it may be worth of mentioning it here: OXT.
Name (link)Bech32 supported?SegWit-Addresses (P2SH) identifyable?*Usefulness (subjective rating  Tongue)Rated byComments
OXTYesYes7 / 10 PointsGazetaBitcoinSimple UI, but very efficient, including also various statistics
legendary
October 26, 2020, 09:17:47 PM
I have included it in my Different other sites / .onion links: list, I hope it's ok.  Smiley

I also added the three websites to the Romanian translated topic Smiley Just a heads-up, 1miau: please take a look at these 3 websites, I think there is needed a small change in the BBCode as they appear with some ")" which are not preceded by "(". I made an adjustment in the formatting when I posted them in the translated topic. Please let me know if this is how you meant to have them displayed in your OP. I hope this helps.
Well spotted, should be better now.  Wink
I've also changed the layout a little bit since it should be clear that all links have a counterpart in the list above.
legendary
October 26, 2020, 06:58:39 AM
I have included it in my Different other sites / .onion links: list, I hope it's ok.  Smiley

I also added the three websites to the Romanian translated topic Smiley Just a heads-up, 1miau: please take a look at these 3 websites, I think there is needed a small change in the BBCode as they appear with some ")" which are not preceded by "(". I made an adjustment in the formatting when I posted them in the translated topic. Please let me know if this is how you meant to have them displayed in your OP. I hope this helps.
legendary
October 25, 2020, 12:24:48 PM
Many thanks for sharing! Since I've currently listed normal links only, I have included it in my Different other sites / .onion links: list, I hope it's ok.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1022
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
legendary
October 23, 2020, 07:51:06 PM
Found two more:

Name (link)Bech32 supported?SegWit-Addresses (P2SH) identifyable?*Usefulness (subjective rating  Tongue)Rated byComments
mempoolYes (10/2020)Yes (10/2020)7.5 / 10 PointsSFR10Detailed and great UI
CoinCapYes (10/2020)No (10/2020)4 / 10 PointsSFR10
Added, including colours  Smiley

Edit: now it is also in your requested format Smiley

mempool (.onion link)Yes (10/2020)YES (10/2020)7.5 / 10 Points20kevin20Detailed and great UI
Great, I've added it to my list, linked his original post (from 20kevin20, here) and added a green colour to visualize his positive rating.

Pages:
Jump to: