Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 40. (Read 290699 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL
May 12, 2017, 03:18:03 PM

While segwit increased LTC value by 5x in the short run, there is no new inherent value or funcitonality added to LTC that the other 5 or 6 coins getting segwit wont have as well. What IS the ltc core dev team actually doing on their own that will add value any time in the near future?
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
May 12, 2017, 12:51:31 PM
There is nothing else fundamental to hold up the price. Down 8% in 24 hours so far.

"... the first Lightning payment on Litecoin, sending a microscopic payment not normally possible or economic on a blockchain, fully settled in a fraction of a second."

https://www.blockstream.com/2017/05/11/lightning-on-litecoin.html

Looking forward to this being fully integrated into LTC wallets. Segwit was never the interesting thing (just required to move forward), it's whats coming including confidential transactions, smart contracts among other things. If you want to ignore what's coming feel free, as for me I'm paying attention.

I think LN will give another boost to LTC price even in short term.

LN will not be used widely for the LTC in the short term.

Confidential Transactions might be better when it comes to cool features, confirmation speed and tx/s were never a problem with litecoin.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
May 12, 2017, 12:19:02 PM
There is nothing else fundamental to hold up the price. Down 8% in 24 hours so far.

"... the first Lightning payment on Litecoin, sending a microscopic payment not normally possible or economic on a blockchain, fully settled in a fraction of a second."

Looking forward to this being fully integrated into LTC wallets. Segwit was never the interesting thing (just required to move forward), it's whats coming including confidential transactions, smart contracts among other things. If you want to ignore what's coming feel free, as for me I'm paying attention.

LN will not be used widely for the LTC in the short term.
Activity: 382
Merit: 251
May 11, 2017, 11:21:36 PM

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
May 11, 2017, 05:11:20 PM

Activity: 235
May 11, 2017, 04:27:14 PM
I just cant help but keep smiling in this post...right now the bag holders are the one smiling. NEVER SAY NEVER IN CRYPTO LAND anything can happen. EVEN a shitcoin of today can be GREAT tomorrow. i hope this post will be here when LTC hit $1000
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
May 11, 2017, 04:22:13 PM
Are you expecting another "Buy the rumour, sell the news" dump like it happened when Segwit locked in?

I'm expecting that the holders have learned their lesson and that they won't fall for it again, but the price is high enough for some profit taking, so I'm hoping it won't trigger panic selling again. But then again, a dump would give us a chance to pick up some cheap LTC, maybe the last one ever Grin

What's your opinion guys?

Yeah I believe people will dump soon, there's no support
May 11, 2017, 04:17:34 PM
Are you expecting another "Buy the rumour, sell the news" dump like it happened when Segwit locked in?

I'm expecting that the holders have learned their lesson and that they won't fall for it again, but the price is high enough for some profit taking, so I'm hoping it won't trigger panic selling again. But then again, a dump would give us a chance to pick up some cheap LTC, maybe the last one ever Grin

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
May 10, 2017, 09:46:41 AM
Well, the OP of the thread replied to me via PM..wanted to see if any change since 2014 thread start viewpoint.......er to say the least w/o going into details...he stands by litecoin being a dead coin and going no place ..to paraphrase...I think I can post that much....well ..that answers that I guess Smiley (Time and facts be damned I guess) Smiley

(not like I'm really telling anyone here something new...except that his views are held and solid on LTC's deadness as it were at this date in 2017)

my reply

(Op's reply of how litecoin is dead/going no place ..while not putting down what he said....he basically is standing by his threads view stated in 2014 start)

my reply below

Hmmmm...find that kinda hard to believe...mining since 2014 ltc to btc mostly

currently holding LTC

mining at 6150mh at the below now...I'm making below a month as you can see

this is at 17300 watts (combo of L3's, L3+'s and legacy knc titans) at the current $30.59 LTC price at my data hall electric of 0.077c kwh

24 hours   17.61848877 LTC   538.95 USD   31.97 USD   506.98 USD
7 days   123.32942139 LTC   3772.65 USD   223.79 USD   3548.85 USD
30 days   528.55466309 LTC   16168.49 USD   959.11 USD   15209.38 USD

L3's and L3+'s will ROI with all hosting and electric for the year (less 12,500 monthly knc legacy Titan elec costs) PROBABLY

by June 15th 2017 or July 4th 2017 at the latest.

In that, I have always mined to get my coin. That is 100 btc clear (only mined thus no $$$ invested this is extra after elec/expenses..ie got nothing in but time/hobby/labor)

and probably 3,000 plus LTC in a hoard, along, the same lines as above by July 4th 2017 at worst....

Litecoin has its uses....more so now ..if BTC never gets its act together and scale ....LTC could easily go to $50 or even $100 bucks (yeah I give you the hard to believe view)

So ... I've no complaints....... Smiley BTC clone/zombie clone/nothing new of any note.....imho 'boring' has its place Smiley

WOW that's an impressive stack. I wish I could mine one day but I would need someone to teach me as I am not a very techy person. LTC is anything but dead, especially with the latest SEBWIT developments and more new lay people pouring into the Altcoin Scene. I think LITECOIN is doing a big come back now and I only have a few but am glad I was able to buy at 15 bucks a few to hold. You have a huge fortune now and I want to congratulate you on your mining activities.

Yeah, but when I made the choice it was like $6 ltc around April 1st if I remember right...the  math worked out at 'less' then 1 year ROI (more or less) and only 400 watts
for the L3's at the time. Thus with Titan's paid for and adding to me paying this down...I jumped...(I also posted $6 was the floor and my reasoning...to much mirth by others)

Thus all this was dumb luck as usual and the fact ..again....I had roi'd on knc titans to get me out of the hole of equip cost quickly ...as usual was hoping to make it

at the back end back..more then I would have made in coin. Come to think of it my 'logic' back then was 'kinda' dubious anyway..but I like to mine my way into hoarding BTC

and LTC. NO FRIGGING WAY did I expect to make it back in around 3 months or so......just dumb luck...

Then all hell broke loose. I make no claims, but that was my angle..and the roi'd knc titans...to again 'knock' the $$$ down on the gamble....too feed my 'addiction' (frigging $30 LTC is NOT HELPING ME KICK THIS MINING MONKEY
EITHER!!!)

(silly hobby) Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
May 10, 2017, 04:36:45 AM
Well, the OP of the thread replied to me via PM..wanted to see if any change since 2014 thread start viewpoint.......er to say the least w/o going into details...he stands by litecoin being a dead coin and going no place ..to paraphrase...I think I can post that much....well ..that answers that I guess Smiley (Time and facts be damned I guess) Smiley

(not like I'm really telling anyone here something new...except that his views are held and solid on LTC's deadness as it were at this date in 2017)

my reply

(Op's reply of how litecoin is dead/going no place ..while not putting down what he said....he basically is standing by his threads view stated in 2014 start)

my reply below

currently holding LTC

this is at 17300 watts (combo of L3's, L3+'s and legacy knc titans) at the current $30.59 LTC price at my data hall electric of 0.077c kwh

L3's and L3+'s will ROI with all hosting and electric for the year (less 12,500 monthly knc legacy Titan elec costs) PROBABLY

In that, I have always mined to get my coin. That is 100 btc clear (only mined thus no $$$ invested this is extra after elec/expenses..ie got nothing in but time/hobby/labor)

and probably 3,000 plus LTC in a hoard, along, the same lines as above by July 4th 2017 at worst....

Litecoin has its uses....more so now ..if BTC never gets its act together and scale ....LTC could easily go to $50 or even $100 bucks (yeah I give you the hard to believe view)

So ... I've no complaints....... Smiley BTC clone/zombie clone/nothing new of any note.....imho 'boring' has its place Smiley

WOW that's an impressive stack. I wish I could mine one day but I would need someone to teach me as I am not a very techy person. LTC is anything but dead, especially with the latest SEBWIT developments and more new lay people pouring into the Altcoin Scene. I think LITECOIN is doing a big come back now and I only have a few but am glad I was able to buy at 15 bucks a few to hold. You have a huge fortune now and I want to congratulate you on your mining activities.
copper member
Clueless!
May 10, 2017, 12:25:56 AM

my reply

my reply below

currently holding LTC

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
May 09, 2017, 06:57:57 PM
.You can never predict in crypto

Yup, it teaches us humility, thats for sure.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
May 09, 2017, 05:39:22 PM

Activity: 238
May 09, 2017, 02:50:29 PM
22 hours before the legend born.

http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php

Welcome for those who joined LTC today.

I Am sooooooo excited..damn yeah!

I still do not know if lighting network will come togethet tomorow or latter.
Activity: 560
Merit: 502
May 09, 2017, 02:45:16 PM
Looks Like OP was right. LOL
He was right - at that time he wrote his post. Litecoin was a dead coin, price was stagnant, development was lacking, there was no goals set.
The only redeeming asset LTC had was its origin, it is one of the old and reputable coins, but even that was overshadowed by newer and technically more advanced coins.
We can safely say that SegWit revived Litecoin, but it is natural that Op had no idea about it back in 2014.
May 09, 2017, 02:30:28 PM
What is the value proposition with Litecoin? What is its potential to go mainstream? As a practical matter, with all the new coins in the top 10 Litecoin will go the way of dogecoin soon.
Activity: 225
May 09, 2017, 01:00:45 PM
Coinbase was supporting litecoin from long time now. I think OP created this thread in the beginning of litecoin. Now it got good support from everywhere and I think soon it'll get a small dump and get stable.
Just recently coinbase added litecoin ,to be exact they added litecoin this week and it is not in coinbase for a very long time.The reason for the price is because of the activation of segwit and there is still more left in it and i do expect them to have a good rally yet again after this correction.
copper member
Clueless!
May 09, 2017, 09:46:46 AM

In the sense for a while ltc was a zombie coin. Like in the walking dead tv show, I'll
give the OP of this thread a pass on this.

On the other hand in ALL zombie movies the zombies take over the world!

Now if this will only play out on ltc adoption.... I'll let the OP here off the
hook on his thread premise here and title. ☠️
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
woah that's a lot of money
May 09, 2017, 05:15:38 AM
copper member
Clueless!
May 09, 2017, 04:25:51 AM

Heh....LTC will hit $100 usd and this thread will never die....lol.....the OP has not been on bitcointalk since March 2nd....so hardly gang busters on what is what
on his thread Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: