Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 108. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 06:25:57 AM
I do both long term and short term. I felt it is easy to do more long term than short term, i have more investment i am planning to hold for long term.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
January 26, 2018, 06:06:10 AM
If you make long term investment you shouldnt check the prices so often otherwise you will be upset and stressed so many times till you sell them. And if you make short term you should check every single minute not to miss something.
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
January 26, 2018, 05:52:51 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I think long-term investment must be stable. Like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Do not worry about it when you buy it. Short-term depends on market changes. Give yourself a goal, a what price you will sell it.
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 05:49:25 AM
I believe in long term because I'm sure that good crypto currency will be able to increase gradually its market value. Of course I sell right away those crypto currency in which I think are just taking up space in my etherwallet, but good crypto currency deserves a place in my etherwallet so I will still hold to them until they reach the market value in which I think that I have enough profits from them and worth the time that I've been holding them.
Activity: 230
January 26, 2018, 05:17:28 AM
I believe in short term ways in gaining profits just like buying low and sell high but don't wait till it's market value will go down. Yeah that's what I always believe so every time I have this altcoins who happen to be increasing its market value every hour or every day I will surely sell this altcoin if I think that I have enough profits it minus the capital that I invested from it. I will never hold it as soon as I have my profit from it then considered it SOLD.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 443
January 25, 2018, 10:49:03 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
all depends on what coins you will make for long-term or short-term investments if you invest in a safe coin like Ethereum, then the possibility of losing is also small and if you invest in a newly released coin then be careful because high risk
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
January 25, 2018, 10:45:42 PM
Long term makes more income gives to you than the short term. Most of the investors used this strategies because they know a lot about this kind of business. But both short and long term strategy is good in investment. But their differences in terms of profit.

Example:
Short Term (1 month)  for 3 months you earn $100
Long Term (3 months) you earn $150

Activity: 700
Merit: 250
January 25, 2018, 10:31:31 PM
Most coins I am holding are for long term and would prefer Altcoins for long term as well, the only coin I am holding for shorter term is Bitcoin which is where I get my needs from. So basically in my portfolio I have like 90% for long term investment and around 10% for short term or sometimes less.
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
January 25, 2018, 10:26:19 PM
I am more on investing for Long term since I do not have yet enough idea or knowledge for short investment. So I usually hold my coins for about at least one year. That is why I invest only to those I have a full trust or I am confident that it has potential.
Activity: 14
January 25, 2018, 10:17:53 PM
For me I go for long term because I can't go full time trade due to my work. That's why I deeply search on the coins that I think that are good for long term hold. Do some TA's so I can know my precise entry and exit. Always have a plan before trading to minimize losses.
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
January 25, 2018, 09:44:38 PM
some coins deserve long term holding while some is good for short term, and i think we should nuy more long term coins, besides, if you are good at speculations, short term will a good choice, otherwise, long term will be better
Activity: 140
January 25, 2018, 09:38:45 PM
I prefer to have 60 to 70% for my short term trades and the remaining is for my long term. My short term is higher cause it works for me it gives me more gains rather than to start small and earn small aswell. Discipline is the key to gain profits whether its long term and short term.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Earn with impressio.io
January 25, 2018, 09:33:21 PM
if you like to use long term i suggest use bitcoin or ethereum is more good to keep and hold in the long time, and if you use short term maybe you can buy some altcoin, many altcoin now who have good profit you just need read about new altcoin.
Activity: 42
January 25, 2018, 09:23:05 PM

60% of my portfolio is on a HODL mode.
then 30% for short term
then 10% for scalping.

but you can scalp also the short term investments to maximize the profit.

Activity: 588
January 25, 2018, 09:15:53 PM
I prefer doing long term investment because i dont have time to do short trading, but before i put my money in to any coin first i learn the fundamental of that coin and research again the advantages and benefits of each coin and then i put my money in those coin, like ETH, DASH, WAVES, NEO, LTC,OMG. In my prediction these coin has potential to going up in long term.
Activity: 60
January 25, 2018, 08:07:21 PM
Advantages of:
Long term- if you invest in a long term investment, your money is sure to become profitable.
Short term- if you invest in a short term investment, you can quickly get your profit in a short period of time.
But there's a disadvantages.
Longterm- you need to wait in a long period of time to make your money more profitable.
Short term- your profit is not good enough.
But for me I choose to invest in a long term investment because I want my money become profitable even if I wait for a long time.
Activity: 266
January 25, 2018, 04:02:52 PM
short- term -> a lot of profits and fast but you can not do it yourself, please join a group that members of the master trading

long-term -> profits cannot be predicted, and usually done by people who are not too concerned with trading
Activity: 364
January 25, 2018, 03:59:40 PM
I think it is less risky to think long term. I am more stressed in short term because everything on this market changes instantly. I prefer to stay in the long term if I keep following and stressing, so my head relaxes.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
ICO reviews through objective analysis
January 25, 2018, 03:55:34 PM
You can follow ICO trends to decide which is best for various Altcoins, Short or Long term.

www.cryptorated.com

Is a good start. It shows popular ICOs, market trends, coin analysis.

Activity: 266
Presale is live!
January 25, 2018, 03:53:38 PM
If you do not have experience in trading, then simply invest in a coin for a long time. This will be for you the most profitable strategy.
Jump to: