Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 110. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 370
Merit: 100
January 25, 2018, 12:00:48 PM
if you are lazy enough you can go to the long term so you can just wait for the profit on the next year but if you want get some profit in early time you can go short term and maximize your profits
Activity: 1176
Vave.com
January 25, 2018, 11:51:35 AM
with the chance on work with moderation of market, trader to secure less on risks and gains of return before to put again spare on funds on investment,
to collects as the number match with minimum target as the trading position with the market.

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
January 25, 2018, 10:00:32 AM
Well it actually depends. Most of the time we think of long term because we profit more with holding the coin coz most of the time even if the value fluctuates, it still is trending up. But sometomes theres a need to do it short term in order to multiply your investments. Letting it sit there will have to wait too long to increase in value, sometimes short term is a big help.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 25, 2018, 07:03:44 AM
Holders most times win in the long run,  So I'll stick with that. Besides, I'm no expert trader so better to avoid the short term risks😎
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA
January 25, 2018, 06:22:22 AM
I keep 70% in the long run and 30% in the short term. When I get a good profit when trading in brief, I again leave 30% and profit invest in long-term coins, increasing the volume of coins in the portfolio.
Activity: 336
January 25, 2018, 05:59:51 AM
Long term if you holder-but short term if you trader
Activity: 29
January 25, 2018, 05:58:31 AM
short term to trade altcoin to gain more btc and eth. long term to hold btc and eth
Activity: 35
January 25, 2018, 05:57:28 AM
personally i prefer long term over short
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 25, 2018, 05:55:13 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

Well, in a long term hold, there's always 50% that the value of the coin one is holding would increase dramatically, and there's also a possibility that it may not increase. The value of coins is not very consistent as we know, that's why we need to be firm in our decision of holding or selling for us to be productive and efficient at the same time.
Activity: 126
January 25, 2018, 05:49:06 AM
Doing long-term investment is actually an interesting strategy of a wise investor. But short investment is also great to participate, and I don't think a wise investor will neglect this kind of work, as we all already know that not all ICO is a scam and a disappointment project to participate because many are already made a successful decision to this. So I would suggest that instead of choosing which is better among this two why not participate for both, and on the part of choosing is for what is the good one to invest for a long term and short term. Bitcoin and Eth in my own opinion the best for a long-term and do a careful study for which altcoin is the best for short term.
Activity: 90
Merit: 2
January 25, 2018, 05:48:48 AM
I mostly invest in long term.
But I have invested in short terms too.
Activity: 322
Merit: 141
January 25, 2018, 05:43:16 AM
Majority of porfolio held long term. Some minority if you like to "play the game" short term for speculating with high returns in short time which is harder to do properly and very risky, but if you are not risking too much it can be fun. If you are "playing the game", just don't get "pot commited", ever. Try to be as cold as possible, respect the mathematics, drop out early, hold longer if you are already down and wait for the trend to reverse.
Activity: 109
January 25, 2018, 05:32:24 AM
I depend on market selling price if prices are down.
Activity: 294
January 25, 2018, 02:27:29 AM
In trading altcoins I always divide my money into 50/50, I invested 50% of may cash into short term altcoin such as ripple and b2x while the other 50% is on xvg and rdd for long term investment.
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
jarvis.exchange
January 25, 2018, 02:18:49 AM

You can invest both for a solid project you can invest in long term. Then you can flip other project and take a profit once u hit ur target. Unfortunately, because of my greed I don't take out my profit and regret later.
Activity: 700
Merit: 553
January 25, 2018, 02:13:43 AM
both. i have two differrent portfolio, %30 of my portfolio BTC, %20 fiat, remaining %50 seperated %30 long (waves-strat-via-neo) adn %20 short term (depends on the market- nowadays bnb-mth). this is the strategy of me, but i prefer long term for avoid stress.
Activity: 97
January 25, 2018, 02:10:16 AM
Mostly short term to flip and get into long term coins.
Activity: 76
Merit: 101
January 25, 2018, 01:38:06 AM
I ponder the idea. Short term everyone would choose, right? Its the sugar.
Long term, is the tree that grows slow, right? water it each day and one day is sky high tall.

A good long term would be a miner that mines a smaller coin... and another that mines a bigger coin, since that gives the liquidity when needing it.

Activity: 224
Merit: 11
January 25, 2018, 01:30:22 AM
I lean more on long term investment since i find such to have a better growth in terms of investment. In long term investment, insee financial growth to be more possible rather than short term investment. Because of this, i usually choose coins that have more potential for long term investment though there is no certainty but i always make
Sure that the coins i am investing in is worth the risk.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
January 25, 2018, 01:22:04 AM
Longterm is good if you really intend that fund for longterm and that is not needed yet for your daily needs,and bigger amount awaits in longterm, but if you will go for short term also and because you have enough time to watch always for the active fluctuation of the market, then you can still see profit on it, just be watchful of when to buy and when to sell😃
Jump to: