Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 128. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10
December 29, 2017, 07:15:12 PM
Long term means you just hodl your token until the price increase so that you can get more profit.. While short term means you can day trade but you only get a little bit profit.
Activity: 447
Merit: 108
December 29, 2017, 07:14:41 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Base on the current speculation by some many speculators that Bitcoin market value Will reach  $50,000 in time and other coins like ethereum, Bitcoin Cash could also move higher in value in tje nearest future, i will choose those coins for a long term investment like for a maximum of 2 years. And  i will take any other altcoins for a short term investment.
Activity: 148
Merit: 11
December 29, 2017, 07:06:59 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

Actually I am just holding bitcoin, ethereum and xem for long term investments and all others are for short term or trading purposes.

Most tokens I get, I sell immediately as it gets considerable value or gained the value I am comfortable to sell.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
December 29, 2017, 07:05:52 PM
I keep all my coins for a long period, but when I see a very strong growth then I start trading
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
December 29, 2017, 07:03:45 PM
i will choose Long term than short term trading.. Long term is holding those coins and sell it when it profit! short term is good for big amount of capital and do a daily trading!
Activity: 237
Merit: 43
December 29, 2017, 07:03:26 PM

I think that a combination of 40% long term and 60% for short term and trading fit my style perfectly. However, I sometimes think that there is no good reason to keep a coin while it is clearly falling down.
Activity: 126
December 29, 2017, 06:39:00 PM
long-term apparent bitcoin and ethereum and will not be replaced.
if for a short period enough to play in the doge and ripple.
we do not know which coins will profit in a short time, and a long time. the most important is the potential of the coin itself. I think that both types of investments have advantages, and lack of each. your decision will make which one will get better

That is the most tricky part of the crypto currencies. It is always mystery to predict what to do. That's why I hold most of them, not to regret so much in the future.
Activity: 280
Merit: 16
December 29, 2017, 06:21:29 PM
When i buy coin , i keep it untill (hoping it will happen in short term) the price will make X2-x5, then i sell a half part  holdings of this coin and other part im going to keep 1-2 years. That's my strategy. At first - recoup the investment and then hold for long term. This way i hope to get maximum of profit.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 06:20:45 PM

It depends, for ethereum and bitcoin, I'm always in long term. For some tokens, I'm in long term as well. For some other coins, I'm only holding them temporarily to have profit.
Same story. I think new coins are good for shorts only.
Activity: 180
December 29, 2017, 06:15:03 PM
we do not know which coins will profit in a short time, and a long time. the most important is the potential of the coin itself. I think that both types of investments have advantages, and lack of each. your decision will make which one will get better

That's the mysterious part of cryptocurrency investing. You never know which you should hold for long and which one you should sell after some increase. But generally most of good coins is more profitable in the long term.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 06:12:56 PM
Shorts are only for traders. Analytics is a heard task. So i am for long term investments. IMHO
Activity: 196
Merit: 122
December 29, 2017, 06:03:16 PM
For me long term investment is fits for those people who have huge amount of capital, they can hold good amount og value of altcoin unlile for users which the capital is limited that is why short term is good for limited budget that they can maximize their earning by doing short term trading. But of course much better if you have fund for long and short term investment.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
December 29, 2017, 05:58:26 PM

I have in my portfolio the currencies that handled by me only like a long-term investment. This is first of all Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash. In a long time period all these currencies will grow in any case.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
December 29, 2017, 12:21:00 PM
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
December 29, 2017, 12:17:05 PM
my  portfolio always Long term because I need to be patient in this business I think I will earn this year long
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
December 29, 2017, 12:14:35 PM
Activity: 630
December 29, 2017, 12:04:42 PM
Im more like to hold long term rather then playing short tem.  It depend on what coin or token i will hold.  Some might just dump and pump coin/tokens so it will go short term but if it very promising coin/tokens i will hodl it for ling term.
Activity: 910
Merit: 103
December 29, 2017, 11:59:04 AM
I'm prefer to holding my coins/tokens for long term , it's get much more profit than short term , just invest some big and solid project , I'm sure that I'll get huge profit after 1 year or more
Activity: 336
December 29, 2017, 11:57:17 AM
I keep about 20% in bitcoin, 60% in altcoins on long-term investments. 10 % use for trading, and another 10% for participation in ICO. Of course, I would like to keep bitcoin more. But while the capital is not so great
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
December 29, 2017, 11:45:42 AM
after btc rise i lost shit ton of money..i wish i sold all my shitcoins for btc few months ago  Cheesy
Jump to: