Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 129. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
December 29, 2017, 11:43:25 AM
I think long term investments are still worth. Although the popularity of the cryptocurrencies increasing day by day, I think good profits are still possible with long term investments. Also, we can not underestimate of the short term investments. With a little bit luck, you can catch really good profit opportunities with short term investments.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
December 29, 2017, 11:40:06 AM
If you are aiming a faster return on your investment then choose short term investment, however the return is not so high. If you are aiming for a bigger return on your profit then choose long term investment. All you need to do is to wait until your value is increase. You need to have patience on it.
Activity: 253
December 29, 2017, 11:38:56 AM
In my opinion the short term is always better, for two reasons the first: there is certainty of a large profit, and second, with a large amount of long-term investment options, success is a consequence, we should only choose coins with a high chance of appreciation.
Activity: 267
Merit: 10
December 29, 2017, 10:44:13 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

Long term surely gives much profit on the other hand short is always too riskier.
Activity: 235
Merit: 11
December 29, 2017, 10:35:10 AM
You should know all the risk in long term and short term but in the long term investment go to ethereum and bitcoin because they have a stable and consistent coins that the other. If you want short term investment go to RIPPLE or LTC. I think all coins have potential, it always depends, if how you will spend it to the coins.
Activity: 182
December 29, 2017, 10:25:19 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Long term investments wont give you stress compare to short trade investments because if you are a day trader and a scalper you will need to stay online almost all of the time.
Activity: 448
December 29, 2017, 10:24:39 AM
Just as we have different faces so do our investment strategy differ. Both Long term and short term have their pros and cons. The most important fundamental in trading is the trader himself. The reason is simple; no matter the strategy you use, the knowledge of the trader in the market is important .
Activity: 532
https://www.empirehotels.io/
December 29, 2017, 10:19:31 AM
if I play trading, I mostly use short-term. Why ? because short-term more reduce risk than long-term. unless you buy in the base and do long-term of course the result is very max.
Activity: 125
December 29, 2017, 10:19:07 AM
I have 3, one in new and no name altcoin for the short term, one in top coin for the long term and one for little trading.
Activity: 238
December 29, 2017, 10:17:40 AM
I think Long term HODLs should go onto a ledger or Trezor, short term can be kept on the exchange. But it is risky if they go bankrupt.
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
December 29, 2017, 10:12:57 AM
Long Term = Bitcoin and Ethereum
Short Term = Monero, LTC, Ripple and other Potential Altcoins out there.
Merit: 108
December 29, 2017, 09:37:33 AM
I believe people decide whether to have a short term or long term investment based on their capacity like if the person has enough capital for long term purposes surely they will choose long term investment and I also believe this is the best way to maximize your earnings from crypto but if a person don't much have enough capital and need their money from time to time, short term investment will do besides it can still generate good profit for people
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
December 29, 2017, 09:15:08 AM
I divided the funds into two parts, some of which are long-term investments, some of which are short-term investments, and long-term investments are about 2-3 years, and short-term investments are within three months.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 09:08:06 AM
XRP and XVG are perfect for long time hodling. Add DGB in the list too.

have seen XRP going to ATH and dropping more than 70% of it's value, it's built on a lot of speculation .... but in the long run might be winner
Activity: 248
The Exchange for EOS Community
December 28, 2017, 11:49:05 PM
Long term means you invest your money in coins or invest in ico tokens, you keep it as long the icos running and haven't intend to sell it until you really need money or the price is already overprice.
Short term means your money in coins or tokens but when it seem profit 2 or 3 times you dirrect sell it. and the profit you use for the other invest example like gold or usd and the same things repeat. So the money is fast moving than long term and this is we call playing safe. Thats my version.
Activity: 418
Merit: 103
December 28, 2017, 11:38:28 PM
I would probably reserve 20 percent of the funds for a long term investment, and most of the rest will be invested in short-term investments (the short line is about 2 months)

I would put most part of my money in a long term investment that i know that is going to work..

If you ask me if i would invest in a short term investment that i know that is shady but it gives me profits.. i wouldn't go for this one because the risks would probably be high.
December 28, 2017, 11:35:22 PM
I would probably reserve 20 percent of the funds for a long term investment, and most of the rest will be invested in short-term investments (the short line is about 2 months)
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
December 28, 2017, 11:24:48 PM
I am more interested in the long term because more profit. you will get a chance to be a billionaire if you get a lot of big profits.
Activity: 131
Merit: 1
December 28, 2017, 11:11:20 PM
Right now almost 100% of my portfolio is on the long term.

I just invested in 2 ICO (very small amounts) to see how it's working and i'll probably sell them on the short/mid term if the price rise enough. But the plan is to reinvest that money in new projects to have 2 distincts portfolios : a long term one with some basics (BTC/ETH/Ripple/...) and a short one with coins who can rise quickly in the coming months (IOTA/Cardano/...)
Activity: 80
Merit: 2
December 28, 2017, 11:07:53 PM
90+% newbie active traders lose their money
Jump to: