Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 126. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
January 01, 2018, 08:30:02 AM
In my opinion, Long term and short term could be both be used at the same time. My example for this situation I am pertaining is bitcoin, bitcoin because your profit if you hold it for a long time is high and at the same time if sell it for a short time the profit still high enough that you could tell your capital grows. This is risky because you could not tell if a coin is best for long term or short term process that is why doing both lessen the risk.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
January 01, 2018, 08:26:27 AM
The objectives and your profit expectation is what determine whether you will short your coin or go long! ALGORY.IO is one ICO you don't want to short! ALGORY is said to be the best ICO this January!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 01, 2018, 08:23:50 AM
depending on the coin, maybe the safest long-term is Ethereum, Bitcoin and Ripple and short term you can look for altcoin that is being released and at the time the price is dump

Ripple is the most unsafe coin to invest in... last time went to 0.44$ in May and went down all the way to 0.1$ at some point. lost over X10 value compared to bitcoin until the recovery now which gods now how much it will last before Ripple (the company) sell their holdings ...
Activity: 784
December 30, 2017, 09:11:02 AM
depending on the coin, maybe the safest long-term is Ethereum, Bitcoin and Ripple and short term you can look for altcoin that is being released and at the time the price is dump
Activity: 84
December 30, 2017, 09:03:51 AM
i prefer long term. because i try short term and i always have a bad timing. so for now. i just hold.
Activity: 533
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
December 30, 2017, 08:59:39 AM
In the past I always believed in short term trading as best profit bringer in crypto. I was wrong. Year 2017 proved that long term holding for development or at least pump news is better..
Activity: 543
Merit: 281
December 30, 2017, 08:42:43 AM
If you are looking for security in your portfolio, long term investments are ideal, if you seek large profits in a short time obviously short term investments, it depends on the amount of investment, and your strategy. Remembering that to invest in the long term, the project, technology, community, has to be great.
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
December 30, 2017, 07:43:50 AM
Long term portfolio are more profitable for one to invest in, this is because of the yield and maturity rate differs and normally any investment will be profitable when invested for long term.
Activity: 420
Qravity is a decentralized content production
December 30, 2017, 07:38:38 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Iin my portfolio, 50% consists of bitcoin and ethereum which i plan to hold for a long time and the rest is in btc that i will use to buy alts for trading or to buy some alts and hold it for a short term. I only give the alt 3 months maximum time frame to make a move upwards or else i will sell it and buy something else.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
December 30, 2017, 07:30:52 AM
For long-term investment, you need to choose coins with good technology and the ability to make x2 on the coin price. If you trade in the short term, then earnings of 5-10% think it is quite acceptable. Long-term investment is suitable for those who do not have the opportunity to monitor the Crypto-currency market on a daily basis.
Activity: 210
December 30, 2017, 07:19:16 AM
all my coins are now in the long term investment i don't know how the short term investment work or what coin will get me a good profit on the short term so yes i vote for the long term investment is the best way to get profit just choose the best projects around also don't forget about the hidden gems and always look for the developers and the development of a project
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
December 30, 2017, 07:12:58 AM
It is better to choose long term because it will gain more than the short term and Short term investment are more of a gambling, if the value goes down you would end in a big loss, while in long term it is constantly increasing for most of the trusted crypto,s.
Activity: 171
Merit: 11
December 30, 2017, 06:47:34 AM
5% at least for short-term and 20% or more for long-term.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
December 30, 2017, 06:36:56 AM
It depends on how much risk you can take,long term has more risk than short trades because the market is so volatile.
Activity: 60
December 30, 2017, 05:59:14 AM
For me long term is better than short term because you can gain more profit than short term but you need to spend more time to have a higher profit.
 There's so many people choosing long term investment because they want to have a higher profit even if they spend more time on it.
Activity: 266
Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR
December 30, 2017, 05:51:20 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I mainly invest in Bitcoin so I guess that I would be a long term trader instead of a regular short term trader.
Activity: 621
Merit: 288
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 30, 2017, 05:16:30 AM
What i get from history is long term is always better then short term investments.
Buy and forget your coins then turn back few months-years later and enjoy your profits.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 518
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
December 30, 2017, 05:14:57 AM
I am new to trading and my first coin was TRX tron thought of holding it for a day trade makes profit but no. I loose some bitcoin but immediately take an action. I transferred my income to another altcoin which is the ripple XRP. and now still holding it. I earn much more in holding for long time and gain more now that TRX is trying to reach the 3$ market price heheheh. hopefully in 2018 ripple price will increase in 5$ and more . PROFIT for me heheheh

It was good for in a first timer was trying to buy some coins have some potential to increasing a value, I know the coins that you buy it was better to hold it as of now they are starting to increase but not too fast.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
December 30, 2017, 05:04:25 AM
If you are not that good at trading and dont have time to really focus on it, then you should buy coins/tokens for long term holding which will give you a decent profit. If you have time, you can try day trading and see where it takes you.
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
December 30, 2017, 04:52:55 AM
It depends on many factors.
For me, I'd like to lock my profit from time to time, so usually I don't keep coin for long term.
Jump to: